Tom Ince

Stu

This is going the way of Clyne. Another Championship player we should have been in for (on a free too, wasn't he), but who went to a promoted side. Would have been an excellent replacement for Simpson.

Not quite, because he was under 23 iirc they had to pay a compensation fee, but it was still something stupid like 2m or something.

But aye i agree completely, we desperately need someone like Ince but yet the management seem to disagree.

I really hope they're not waiting until July because if they look around, people are doing their business early. Aubameyang, Ince, Carroll, Belhanda are already being bid on.

Already been said they won't do any thing until July. Got to let the good players move before we pretend we're trying to do any thing other wise we might have to buy some of them.

Got a thread for a player linked by Various ITK's and no one credible. Could do this for countless players, definitely NWOAT

But he's from ENGURLAND.

Ince > Dempsey

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/what-no-gif.gif

Great gif :lol:

I really hope they're not waiting until July because if they look around, people are doing their business early. Aubameyang, Ince, Carroll, Belhanda are already being bid on.

Already been said they won't do any thing until July. Got to let the good players move before we pretend we're trying to do any thing other wise we might have to buy some of them.

Before the season ended, they said they were going to do the transfer business early and now they say not till July.  I wonder if they are waiting to see of they get any bids for players before deciding who to buy. 

Back in January, they said they were working hard on their Summer targets because they were supposedly going to recruit a lot of young players to pad out the squad because we haven't got the youngsters coming through.

It's hard to believe anything that comes out of the club because they change their story too often.

They make it up as they go along tbh. Pardew's been here 2.5 years and despite the claims of trying to maintain stability there's no discernible pattern to anything we do as a club. There's no obvious strategy, it's all chop and change from week to week in almost every aspect top to bottom - transfers is just one of them.

They make it up as they go along tbh. Pardew's been here 2.5 years and despite the claims of trying to maintain stability there's no discernible pattern to anything we do as a club. Chop and change from week to week in almost every aspect top to bottom - transfers is just one of them.

Hmmm I'd say the actual transfer we do are usually pretty formulaic. The patter pre/post transfers though...

Formulaic in that we prioritise value over everything else (often including the needs of the side), but then I never imagined we'd spend £9m on a striker in his prime like Cisse when Ba was banging them into the goal. We utterly failed to build on that season in the summer, but were willing to spend £20m in January. Despite that we struggled like fuck to 16th and now the noises already are that they think they've done enough in terms of squad depth. It's just a succession of contradictory decisions. And as I said, the transfers are just one part of it.

Formulaic in that we prioritise value over everything else (often including the needs of the side), but then I never imagined we'd spend £9m on a striker in his prime like Cisse when Ba was banging them. We utterly failed to build on that season in the summer, but were willing to spend £20m in January. Despite that we struggled like fuck to 16th and now the noises already are that they think they've done enough in terms of squad depth. It's just a succession of contradictory decisions. And as I said, the transfers are just one part of it.

True and the first part is what I was getting at. Even then the £8-9m on Cisse is to me linked to the first point because we'd been quoted £15m & then it dropped massively.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we buy anyone that isn't out of contract next year and is bought for their playing merits ahead of all else.

Formulaic in that we prioritise value over everything else (often including the needs of the side), but then I never imagined we'd spend £9m on a striker in his prime like Cisse when Ba was banging them. We utterly failed to build on that season in the summer, but were willing to spend £20m in January. Despite that we struggled like fuck to 16th and now the noises already are that they think they've done enough in terms of squad depth. It's just a succession of contradictory decisions. And as I said, the transfers are just one part of it.

Maybe we'll have another January bargain hunt whilst they make noises about how they got it wrong in the summer again. Conveniently they can keep Pardew that way too.

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

Before the season ended, they said they were going to do the transfer business early and now they say not till July.  I wonder if they are waiting to see of they get any bids for players before deciding who to buy. 

Back in January, they said they were working hard on their Summer targets because they were supposedly going to recruit a lot of young players to pad out the squad because we haven't got the youngsters coming through.

It's hard to believe anything that comes out of the club because they change their story too often.

The last line sums it up nicely, hard to trust a single word these lot tell us. I know it's early but i'm really starting to believe this will turn into another farcical transfer summer.

This need to sell before we buy rubbish, why? We are forever told by the club of the sound financial footing we are under, we shouldnt be even talking about selling our players. It's as if Ashley is secretly wanting offers. Clearly if a player is set on leaving or a stupid Carrolesque bid comes in for someone, then thats understandable.

The club should be making positive noises about strengthening the side, not this constant verbal propaganda of our 'stars' leaving. 

The last line sums it up nicely, hard to trust a single word these lot tell us. I know it's early but i'm really starting to believe this will turn into another farcical transfer summer.

This need to sell before we buy rubbish, why? We are forever told by the club of the sound financial footing we are under, we shouldnt be even talking about selling our players. It's as if Ashley is secretly wanting offers. Clearly if a player is set on leaving or a stupid Carrolesque bid comes in for someone, then thats understandable.

The club should be making positive noises about strengthening the side, not this constant verbal propaganda of our 'stars' leaving.

That really bugs me.  Everyone knows that virtually all clubs will struggle to hold on to players if a big offer comes in or a player wants to leave but no other club feels the need to advertise the fact as much as we do.

It is yet another contradiction - the club seems to be constantly inviting offers for players and then puts all of their effort into trying to keep them.

That really bugs me.  Everyone knows that virtually all clubs will struggle to hold on to players if a big offer comes in or a player wants to leave but no other club feels the need to advertise the fact as much as we do.

It is yet another contradiction - the club seems to be constantly inviting offers for players and then puts all of their effort into trying to keep them.

It's so they can spout about what a great job they did keeping our key players (to override the discontent that they didn't sign enough players).

Like this from that article Jack posted:

Pardew said he could see why some fans may be unhappy.

“Our fans will be slightly disappointed,” he said. “But I think in a week’s time they will think, ‘hold on we haven’t lost anybody and we’ve got Anita’.

:lol:

Like this from that article Jack posted:

Pardew said he could see why some fans may be unhappy.

“Our fans will be slightly disappointed,” he said. “But I think in a week’s time they will think, ‘hold on we haven’t lost anybody and we’ve got Anita’.

:lol:

The Anita part is the best bit :lol:

Not as if our players are forever moaning about wanting to leave either, in fact most state they'd prefer to stay.  That shadow is always created by the idiots in charge.