European Under 21 Championship 2013

joeyt

What is McEachran like? I know he is still young but it doesn't seem that long it was him/Wilshere as the future but obviously now one is way ahead of the other.

McEachran still got the potential? I doubt he's ever gonna get a shot at Chelsea.

I hope we go out without scoring a single goal. It has come to the point where a period of sustained failure will be the only way in which a proper reassessment of football in this country occurs.

What is McEachran like? I know he is still young but it doesn't seem that long it was him/Wilshere as the future but obviously now one is way ahead of the other.

McEachran still got the potential. I doubt he's ever gonna get a shot at Chelsea.

Hopefully Chalobah won't follow the same path

Guest Nixon

As long as England continues to reward failure with new contracts at youth level they will struggle to develop young talent across the board.

The future looks bleak really.

Especially with Dinosaur coaches who are limited tactically who clearly favour less talented players because they can run.

We could have all the talent in the world but without quality coaches to flesh it out from a young age we are not going anywhere sadly.

It was also striking how much more effective the Italian pressing game was. That wasn’t because they were quicker or fitter, but because most of our players were so unconfident on the ball that it was much easier to get them to pass it backwards or lose it altogether.

A few years ago, pressing the ball used to be one our strengths, but it feels increasingly like the balance has gone the other way.

McEachran still got the potential? I doubt he's ever gonna get a shot at Chelsea.

He went to Swansea on loan and couldn't get a game there either. He's probably just not very good and was overhyped from the beginning.

Look forward to watching Germany/Holland tonight. Should be a cracking game. Or 0-0 now i've said that.

Last night was a shambles all around. From Pearce's rotten tactics/team selection, to Sordell trying to play football, to Sky's commentating to the match officials performance. On a positive note.......actually no, there wasn't one. Fucking aaaaaful, wish we were in the harder group to put us out our misery earlier. Probably still a good chance we will sneak through in this group unfortunately.

He went to Swansea on loan and couldn't get a game there either. He's probably just not very good and was overhyped from the beginning.

When I first saw him play for Chelsea, he looked really good. But it's one thing to play well in a team that's better than the opposition, another thing when the teams are on an equal footing, or worse. Just a guess.

Wilshere has filled out a bit and can give as good as he gets physically. McEachran still looks a bit frail. Perhaps he'll be a late developer.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Spain's technique has been cracking. Quite a few little flicks and tricks used to get out of tight spots and Thiago's cross field passing has been canny.

For all Mike's initial ambition of "bringing the best talent from all over the world to NUFC", he needs to be ashamed that not a single one of our players is represented at this tournament.

We've got none at Toulan (Haidara was supposed to, but he's hurt), and I think two so far at the U20 World Cup. Pretty shameful.

Surely the fault of scouts and coaches rather than Ashley?

True, but then it's up to him to provide the funds and appoint somebody with football knowledge to create a scouting and coaching set up to find, attract and develop those talents, isn't it. Hollow words are hollow.