RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I'm enjoying it. Think I've lost the plot.

Really? Howay. ???

Dunno whether it's just because it's the summer so it's not affecting us on the pitch yet, but I've certainly not been too upset by it all.

If we start losing good players and/or bringing absolute shite in then I'll start to spit the dummy out.

Fair enough. I'm not gonna come on here and say "you shouldn't think THIS", but I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy having this man associated with the club - regurgitating verbal diarrhoea every time a journalist is within a few miles of him. I don't even give a shit if Shearer couldn't cut it and I don't care if he's entitled to 'fight back' in the press... he's stuck it to the bloke I'd call my hero and it's just another in a list of utter fucking bullshit. The bloke is an idiot and an embarrassment. None of this post is anything new, but I just can't come to terms with it. His appointment has had no effect on the pitch yet, but people are laughing at us again (our own fans included) and it's gutting.

After the Arsenal well game (well, Sunderland really), I had pretty much switched off from football (news) cos it was bareable that way. Kinnear came back and I 'switched on' again, but only for a few days in the midst of the immediate furore. Having tried to turn my back until August again, it's just not gonna be possible when this clown is involved with us.

Buh.

Maybe us being mental has just become the norm for me, so it's what I expect. It's not nice to be the laughing stock again, of course, but I'm lucky enough to have a relatively insular existence when it comes to NUFC. Got some family who are Sunderland/Spurs that I speak to very rarely, but aside from that everyone else I see regularly is a Newcastle fan too. I don't read Twitter, listen to 5Live/talkSPORT or watch much SSN so I don't get much external reaction at all.

I do, perhaps oddly, appreciate the fact that Kinnear has been incredibly good value for the media since the bombshell got dropped and I'm also warmly supportive of Pardew getting his cage rattled a bit after that abortion of a season. I honestly couldn't stop listening to his talkSPORT interview because it just felt so surreal and it was genuinely entertaining listening to him rambling on like a drunken madman. Of course it was embarrassing and could potentially have been/still be used by the likes of Cabaye to help engineer a move away, but it's been quiet so far on that front. He did at least appear to know who some of our best players are as well, which is a start, and as always it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.

Llambias getting forced out could be a positive to come out of the situation as well, although again time will tell on that. I do have the nagging doubt that Kinnear in the DOF role is a ticking timebomb in the way Wise was, but then again it's not like I have any time for Pardew like I did for Keegan. Pardew > Kinnear is a lot easier to take than Keegan > Kinnear, basically.

It's a very confusing time at the moment, but I certainly wouldn't say it was all doom and gloom again. We've still got what I personally consider to be a very strong squad and the owner does appear to be somewhat fucked off that we underachieved badly last season, which surely can only be a positive thing? We've heard for ages people saying they wanted to get him "interested again" and January was proof that if he's involved then things tend to get done and rules tend to get bent a little bit.

As I said earlier on in the thread, it's really just about watching the transfer window and the pre-season unfold now for me. Things are incredibly difficult to judge at present because of the sheer amount of turbulence this has all brought.

I am sort of in that position as well. Kinnear is a terrible appointment, but I said even before he turned up that I'd written next season off anyway, and under Pardew some players might well have been off regardless. Yes we look like idiots again but from a football point of view I don't think there's much different other than Pardew's job is in a bit more doubt.

Found this as well on the other hand.

And in today's Premier League fixtures, every club lost apart from Newcastle who prevailed again under three time Manager of the Year Joe Kinnear. Kinnear's summer signing Tim Krul was again the difference, as the manager celebrated two years on Tyneside. The Magpies are currently flying because Kinnear is not from the area.

Thing is the minute you do anything like that you instantly alienate certain supporters because some just don't like being told what to do. NUSC discovered that when they tried to arrange boycotts etc. Until our support can sit down without bickering with one another then it's bets just left up to the individuals to do what they want.

Wraith has his faults ("I don't know if I've mentioned I'm an associate of the Krays") but he's been pretty up front in saying that the meeting was a chance for fans to voice their discontent when club staff were in the room. He's not working on some grand plan to unseat Ashley.

Wraith is all about Wraith, he's in it to see what's in it for him.  Amongst all of the tweets about the meeting was a tweet about some scum bag former friend of the Krays coming up to do a talk in.  He still had tickets for sale and he advertised them bang in the middle of announcements about meeting the club.  At least he got us our long lost gates back.  :lol:

Number 9 fanzine editor Steve Wraith added: “The NUFC Fans coalition is an umbrella group and we meet once a month. We have some pro and some anti fans towards Mike Ashley. We are here to build up a relationship with the club and have already had some success with smaller issues like bringing the gates back to St James’ Park.

Isn't he just a Kray fan who once met them after saying he wanted to write about them?

"Just a Kray fan," how many of them do you know or have ever heard of?  :lol:

Isn't he just a Kray fan who once met them after saying he wanted to write about them?

I don't know what you are getting at tbh.

Thing is the minute you do anything like that you instantly alienate certain supporters because some just don't like being told what to do. NUSC discovered that when they tried to arrange boycotts etc. Until our support can sit down without bickering with one another then it's bets just left up to the individuals to do what they want.

Wraith has his faults ("I don't know if I've mentioned I'm an associate of the Krays") but he's been pretty up front in saying that the meeting was a chance for fans to voice their discontent when club staff were in the room. He's not working on some grand plan to unseat Ashley.

Wraith is all about Wraith, he's in it to see what's in it for him.  Amongst all of the tweets about the meeting was a tweet about some scum bag former friend of the Krays coming up to do a talk in.  He still had tickets for sale and he advertised them bang in the middle of announcements about meeting the club.  At least he got us our long lost gates back.  :lol:

I never heard him say that about kray tickets. The only time he mentioned the Krays was that people have used it as stick to beat him with and resulted in him being removed from a fans group that met the club quite a few years ago. I thought he spoke well and he is well aware he is not everyones cup of tea.

You wrote "Isn't he just a Kray fan" as if it was normal.

You wrote "Isn't he just a Kray fan" as if it was normal.

It's normal people are fans of celebrities, the criminal underworld following is quite huge. Loads of crime books focusing on the killers, or the perpetrators of all sorts of crimes. Why do you think there are so many gangster films? People are fans and the krays are just about the biggest British gangsters of all time so it's no wonder they have fans, it's normal.

I never heard him say that about kray tickets. The only time he mentioned the Krays was that people have used it as stick to beat him with and resulted in him being removed from a fans group that met the club quite a few years ago. I thought he spoke well and he is well aware he is not everyones cup of tea.

:lol: All from 7 hours ago.

steve wraith‏@stevewraith7h

Only £15 original ronnie kray order of service plus FREE signed dave courtney photo 1 of 10. Inbox to buy. http://fb.me/Iy1hrcQx

Meet Eddie Richardson, one of the Krays biggest rivals in Newcastle in August.

Only a limited number of tickets... http://fb.me/35S7CP7Ll

NEW KRAY BOOK on Sale now £30 over 80 unseen photos, over 30 unpublished poems, over 80 letters from 60's to... http://fb.me/2admbzbvj

#NUFC @NUFCFansUtd agenda for tonight

Welcome House keeping Introduction Questions from social media Ask... http://fb.me/2HVEifbT0

It's normal people are fans of celebrities, the criminal underworld following is quite huge. Loads of crime books focusing on the killers, or the perpetrators of all sorts of crimes. Why do you think there are so many gangster films? People are fans and the krays are just about the biggest British gangsters of all time so it's no wonder they have fans, it's normal.

It's normal to be fans of people like the Krays when you're about 5 years old but you grow out of it.  :lol:  He used to send them fan mail in prison and that's not normal for an adult, or is it?

As I said "I never heard him say that about kray tickets" & you were on about his tweets. Had a browse on his t/l and I would say he doesn't tweet about tickets once the meeting starts. The meeting starts about 5h (atm) on his t/l and are from this tweet are @NUFCFansUtd #communication pic.twitter.com/pGGUVyQYbe and scroll up he is taking a picture as it happens at the meeting and tweeting them.

His push for selling tickets was  a reason I stopped following him on Twitter but after hearing his crack tonight and seeing step in when JFK pal was getting bashed from all corners of the room I have gave him another follow.

Guest thenorthumbrian

if Steve Wraith talked in a cockerney accent and drank in Ashleys local he might be Uniteds DOF by now.

As I said "I never heard him say that about kray tickets" & you were on about his tweets. Had a browse on his t/l and I would say he doesn't tweet about tickets once the meeting starts. The meeting starts about 5h (atm) on his t/l and are from this tweet are @NUFCFansUtd #communication pic.twitter.com/pGGUVyQYbe and scroll up he is taking a picture as it happens at the meeting and tweeting them.

His push for selling tickets was  a reason I stopped following him on Twitter but after hearing his crack tonight and seeing step in when JFK pal was getting bashed from all corners of the room I have gave him another follow.

Steve spoke really well last night and gave a cracking speech and like you say stepped in to help that Eddie bloke from getting a mauling.  Yes it can be annoyong seeing your twitter and facebook feed fill up with his crap but thats his work, got his fingers in so many pies but that's his job and he is going to use twitter/facebook to advertise his work and like TT said alot of people are interested in the criminal underworld and go to the events that he puts on.

Meet the fans? As if. His lies and nonsense would be completely exposed, he won't put himself through that. If he meets any fans if'll probably be the same idiots who showed up to welcome him to SJP years ago, or someone like NUFCFans on Twitter who wouldn't have a bad word to say about him.