RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

So he's gonna be in the public limelight again, and a fecking huge one at that meeting the fans.

Just go around doing your job quietly. Like a referee, you're only good when people don't notice you.

Should be a fun meeting, would love to see Michael Martin there to air his views...and watch Joe squirm.

People like that either won't be there or won't be given the opportunity to say anything to him. I don't believe for one second Kinnear is willing to talk to genuine fans.

I once saw a movie that ended very well.

This doesn't remind me of that at all.

I'm a bit like this. I'm happy to see a cohort of supporters kicking up a stink about the whole thing and demanding some answers, but I fear the result will either be ineffectual or chaotic. There's no winning with Kinnear or Ashley.

Should be a fun meeting, would love to see Michael Martin there to air his views...and watch Joe squirm.

Michael Martin would destroy him, I'd pay to watch/listen to that. :lol: Kinnear would end up getting frustrated and asking him what the fack he's achieved as a manager.

This is just a general 'willingness to meet fans' though, right? Not a specific meeting arranged?

It surely shouldn't happen, would be a nightmare.

I think he thinks he can come along and put them in thier places, and that will not go well.

Is the thread title correct though? Like, he has actually arranged to meet fans for sure?

He said he was and as far as I'm concerned, if Kinnear has said he'll do it then he will.  After all, he’s not a well pathological liar, is he?

It's ok, it's only 10% of fans he won't be able to win over. The other 90% who sent him those tens of thousands of letters of support when he was ill will spring to his defence if people who've been blinded by the media agenda kick off.

Guest neesy111

Kinnear is the type of person imo who can't take criticism, so will just find his excuse book / bingo card when it happens.  This meeting will be a nightmare.

Don't think he will actually meet up with the fans. Even if he does, it will be with a select group of pro-Ashley/Kinnear supporters. Walk into a meeting filled with your average fans and he'll get fecking lynched. Even he can't be that deluded to not heed probable advice from the club management.

Guest bimpy474

If he goes with an attitude, riot.

If he goes with without one, is nice and listens, Riot.

Not going to end well at all.

Hoying someone who's had a bypass and history of heart problems into a stressful situation like a fans meeting would be interesting. It will end in tears either way.

And an ambulance being called.

It'll just take someone to call him on all his bullshit like appearances, finding players, signing players, manager awards, his part in relegations etc...and he'll be swinging for people.

Basically drown him in facts as to why he's a bullshitter, then start on why he's not welcome here and not good enough for the role. He won't last long after that. Make sure people record his blow out and that's him done here and possibly life.  :lol: