RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Fairly sure it was Dekka that held that viewpoints about loans. No coincidence he's gone and we're doing loans?

They're both loans with a view to a permanent deal. We're trying them out first to see if they're a good fit.

We did the same thing with Ben Arfa & Stephen Ireland.

It means nowt.

We won't sign either of them though

You seem very confident given that you can't possibly know that.

Could have had Remy already couldn't we? But haven't made any attempt to? You don't find that odd? And we haven't signed a player for two windows, so I'd base it on that

The rape case may have played a part in the Remy situation,

Fairly sure it was Dekka that held that viewpoints about loans. No coincidence he's gone and we're doing loans?

They're both loans with a view to a permanent deal. We're trying them out first to see if they're a good fit.

We did the same thing with Ben Arfa & Stephen Ireland.

It means nowt.

We won't sign either of them though

You seem very confident given that you can't possibly know that.

Could have had Remy already couldn't we? But haven't made any attempt to? You don't find that odd? And we haven't signed a player for two windows, so I'd base it on that

The rape case may have played a part in the Remy situation,

Possibly. But I just see it as no signings of a permanent nature and two loans, doesn't fill me with confidence of signing anyone

I am not confident we will sign Remy but there is no 'possibly' about the rape case putting us off a permanent deal at the moment.

Folks, if you have any doubts about Carr's ability just have a look at how Aubeayang or whatver his name is who we were supposedly after lkast summer. From what I can read he's the next french superstar...

Aye he was an unknown before Carr got involved. :lol:

Btw, this is the bloke who said we offered better terms than the team he signed for iirc. We put in a good attempt to sign him (not that that was anything to do with the fucknuckle Kinnear of course).

Folks, if you have any doubts about Carr's ability just have a look at how Aubeayang or whatver his name is who we were supposedly after lkast summer. From what I can read he's the next french superstar...

Btw, this is the bloke who said we offered better terms than the team he signed for iirc. We put in a good attempt to sign him (not that that was anything to do with the fucknuckle Kinnear of course).

Plus he's not even French. :lol:

The increased interest in Rangers as well.

More this like.

Here's hope at least.

You never know with this club. Probably now his Nazgul boss is dead there'll be a chance to throw the ring into the Tyne and kill the big Sauron in the end. Just makes me wonder who's our Aragorn and who's our Gollum...

:lol: Ben Arfa Aragorn. Blates.

Plus he's not even French. :lol:

Well aye. That as well. :blush:

Now that this p*ssed up tramp has walked who are they going to attribute the s**** written in the match day programme to?

Sports Direct adverts.

Ha Ha, if Sports Direct didn't fill that empty space nobody would !!!!!!

Guest snoopythewriter

Btw can someone change my username..

Surprise me.

Well since you've cost us Enrique and Cabaye I suggest kinnear or Pardew.

Next please.

Shola or Obertan?

Michael James Wallace Ashley

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/04/joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-transfer-window

Joe Kinnear's old office at Newcastle United is likely to remain empty for some time as Mike Ashley, the club's owner, seems in no hurry to appoint a director of football.

With Kinnear resigning from that role on Monday night and Derek Llambias, who stepped down from the more influential managing director's post last summer, having never been replaced, there is a vacuum at the top of one of England's biggest clubs. Significantly a year has passed since Newcastle last signed a new senior player on a permanent contract.

Lee Charnley, the club secretary, will lead transfer negotiations supported by John Irving, the finance director, but both men are administrators rather than strategists. Ashley has a history of hiring only people he knows and trusts and is unlikely to recruit from outside. Moreover if, as is being suggested in some quarters, he is preparing to sell Newcastle, extra executives would be superfluous.

Charnley and Irving may be part of a minimalist hierarchy but at least the two of them are expected to be more effective than Kinnear, whose failure to make a single signing during the last two transfer windows appears the reason why he has lost his job.

When the director of football travelled to Tyneside from his London home on Monday for a meeting with Charnley observers suspected he was trying to sell the Senegal striker Papiss Cissé to a club in either Turkey or Russia where transfer windows remained open.

Instead Charnley offered Kinnear an exit strategy, thereby ending the former Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Luton Town and Wimbledon manager's confusing eight-month tenure which had often sunk into chaos.

Kinnear's arrival prompted Llambias's resignation and almost precipitated the departure of Graham Carr, Newcastle's much coveted chief scout. Alan Pardew, the manager, was required to pacify a dressing room appalled by the 67-year-old's installation.

When Kinnear mis-pronounced several players' names – Yohan Cabaye became Yohan "Kebab" – during an excruciating radio interview which should have made his position untenable, Pardew convened a squad meeting intended to quell any revolt.

Having placated Cabaye – who joined Paris Saint-Germain for £20m last week – Newcastle's manager staked out his territory in the club's often awkward "coalition government". Pardew made it clear he did not want Kinnear travelling with the squad or interfering at the training ground. Consequently first-team players rarely saw the director of football.

Many were unsure exactly what he did. The former Tottenham full-back could talk the talk – staff were informed "a big signing" would be arriving in January – but, one by one, a series of key transfer targets escaped Kinnear's net.

When Clément Grenier failed to join from Lyon as Cabaye's replacement Pardew could barely contain his fury. Asked if the club was still capable of purchasing players he said "no comment". The subtext sounded suspiciously like a "him or me" ultimatum to Ashley.

With Newcastle eighth in the Premier League, the sports retailer is probably content not to have re-invested the Cabaye cash but his loyalty to his long-standing friend Kinnear was already stretched by a host of negative feedback allied to fans threatening not to renew season tickets.

Although Loïc Rémy – last summer – and Luuk de Jong – last week – arrived on loan on his watch, Kinnear had little involvement with either acquisition, not even meeting Rémy until after he had signed.

It was all very different from the days when Llambias proved a consummate sealer of deals. The renewal of Ashley's friendship with his former managing director raises the possibility of the latter's return to Tyneside but, for the moment at least, Newcastle remain in limbo.

I'm convinced he will buy rangers just before they got promoted to the SPFL and then it won't be a matter of time until they get into the champions league, more money for ashley and he does not need to spend as the competition is pathetic apart from celtic.

Guest antz1uk

right, i want the sultan of brunei to buy us, his mate KK as ambassador, david dein chief exec and jurgen klopp as manager.

we can all dream, right?

right, i want the sultan of brunei to buy us, his mate KK as ambassador, david dein chief exec and jurgen klopp as manager.

we can all dream, right?

We have the Sultan of brown eye at the moment and he winks at us every single day.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/04/joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-transfer-window

Joe Kinnear's old office at Newcastle United is likely to remain empty for some time as Mike Ashley, the club's owner, seems in no hurry to appoint a director of football.

With Kinnear resigning from that role on Monday night and Derek Llambias, who stepped down from the more influential managing director's post last summer, having never been replaced, there is a vacuum at the top of one of England's biggest clubs. Significantly a year has passed since Newcastle last signed a new senior player on a permanent contract.

Lee Charnley, the club secretary, will lead transfer negotiations supported by John Irving, the finance director, but both men are administrators rather than strategists. Ashley has a history of hiring only people he knows and trusts and is unlikely to recruit from outside. Moreover if, as is being suggested in some quarters, he is preparing to sell Newcastle, extra executives would be superfluous.

Charnley and Irving may be part of a minimalist hierarchy but at least the two of them are expected to be more effective than Kinnear, whose failure to make a single signing during the last two transfer windows appears the reason why he has lost his job.

When the director of football travelled to Tyneside from his London home on Monday for a meeting with Charnley observers suspected he was trying to sell the Senegal striker Papiss Cissé to a club in either Turkey or Russia where transfer windows remained open.

Instead Charnley offered Kinnear an exit strategy, thereby ending the former Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Luton Town and Wimbledon manager's confusing eight-month tenure which had often sunk into chaos.

Kinnear's arrival prompted Llambias's resignation and almost precipitated the departure of Graham Carr, Newcastle's much coveted chief scout. Alan Pardew, the manager, was required to pacify a dressing room appalled by the 67-year-old's installation.

When Kinnear mis-pronounced several players' names – Yohan Cabaye became Yohan "Kebab" – during an excruciating radio interview which should have made his position untenable, Pardew convened a squad meeting intended to quell any revolt.

Having placated Cabaye – who joined Paris Saint-Germain for £20m last week – Newcastle's manager staked out his territory in the club's often awkward "coalition government". Pardew made it clear he did not want Kinnear travelling with the squad or interfering at the training ground. Consequently first-team players rarely saw the director of football.

Many were unsure exactly what he did. The former Tottenham full-back could talk the talk – staff were informed "a big signing" would be arriving in January – but, one by one, a series of key transfer targets escaped Kinnear's net.

When Clément Grenier failed to join from Lyon as Cabaye's replacement Pardew could barely contain his fury. Asked if the club was still capable of purchasing players he said "no comment". The subtext sounded suspiciously like a "him or me" ultimatum to Ashley.

With Newcastle eighth in the Premier League, the sports retailer is probably content not to have re-invested the Cabaye cash but his loyalty to his long-standing friend Kinnear was already stretched by a host of negative feedback allied to fans threatening not to renew season tickets.

Although Loïc Rémy – last summer – and Luuk de Jong – last week – arrived on loan on his watch, Kinnear had little involvement with either acquisition, not even meeting Rémy until after he had signed.

It was all very different from the days when Llambias proved a consummate sealer of deals. The renewal of Ashley's friendship with his former managing director raises the possibility of the latter's return to Tyneside but, for the moment at least, Newcastle remain in limbo.

so it seems everyone at the club besides Kinnear forced him out.