RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Honestly, even for us not as well versed as you are in the utter madness of Newcastle United, this is beyond believable. It is utterly staggering. It looks like someone has decided to set a course for disaster.

You're doing a great job of consoling us brummie.. :lol:

Genuinely, the only thing I think you can take solace from is that this is clearly the action of a man who wants to force out his manager.

So, Pardew doesn't put up with it - and, let's be honest, what manager with an ounce of pride would put up with this? - and resigns. Kinnear takes over and lasts weeks before doing a Houllier, and there you go, free to rebuild.

I know that's poor, but I genuinely don't know what else to think. It is utterly, utterly bonkers. WTF?

We have a billionaire owner and one of the lowest paid managers in the league. OK, so he has a 8 year contract; I'm sure Ashley could afford to sack him without appointing a senile dinosaur in a position that didn't exist since he last got us relegated through a catalogue of ownership blunders?

Guest bimpy474

It's funny how Ashley's brain must work. I bet if any one on here was able to buy out Ashley the first thing they'd do is sack Kinnear, Pardew and Llambias yet this is how Ashley rolls...

Very true, i guess he only employs people he trusts or knows. Hence Hughton being hoyed out for Pardew when he was doing ok.

Guest bimpy474

Is anyone else looking at this rather perversely, out of curiosity to how it will pan out. I say this from a point of view that i dont think Kinnear will be manager if Pardew went. More that Kinnear will be the man to appoint the next manager.

Neil Ardley/Marcus Gayle dream team.

Well exactly, apart from Ardley and Dennis Wise, i'm trying to think who has become a manager after playing under Kinnear.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The Metro is now called the Tube, It's officially Newcarsel and not Newcassell and Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner and knees up muvva braan will replace Local Hero and Blaydon Races at St  James. Those Georgies are whatever they're called just have to put up with it.

Guest bimpy474

Kinnear isn't a cockney though, born and lived in Ireland until he was 7. Then lived in Watford, not exactly cockney land like.

Honestly, even for us not as well versed as you are in the utter madness of Newcastle United, this is beyond believable. It is utterly staggering. It looks like someone has decided to set a course for disaster.

It must be brilliant for any club that think they will struggle next season to see us screw up so often.

You're doing a great job of consoling us brummie.. :lol:

Genuinely, the only thing I think you can take solace from is that this is clearly the action of a man who wants to force out his manager.

So, Pardew doesn't put up with it - and, let's be honest, what manager with an ounce of pride would put up with this? - and resigns. Kinnear takes over and lasts weeks before doing a Houllier, and there you go, free to rebuild.

I know that's poor, but I genuinely don't know what else to think. It is utterly, utterly bonkers. WTF?

We have a billionaire owner and one of the lowest paid managers in the league. OK, so he has a 8 year contract; I'm sure Ashley could afford to sack him without appointing a senile dinosaur in a position that didn't exist since he last got us relegated through a catalogue of ownership blunders?

I did say it was poor :(

The Metro is now called the Tube, It's officially Newcarsel and not Newcassell and Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner and knees up muvva braan will replace Local Hero and Blaydon Races at St  James. Those Georgies are whatever they're called just have to put up with it.

Nothing to do with them being from London, it's them who are making it an issue, us Newcastle fans have never made where someone was from an issue.

Guest bimpy474

Kinnear isn't a cockney though, born and lived in Ireland until he was 7. Then lived in Watford, not exactly cockney land like.

Defending your man today like.  :lol:

No it's not that but i hear the cockney thing all the time, even at me being from down here. Basically a Southern accent must mean cockney, which bugs me for some reason.

No it's not that but i hear the cockney thing all the time, even at me being from down here. Basically a Southern accent must mean cockney, which bugs me for some reason.

Anything south of Durham may as well be cockney like.

Guest bimpy474

Anything south of Durham may as well be cockney like.

Fair enough :lol:

Neil Farrington‏@Neilfarrington57m

My final word on #nufc for the night: can anyone anywhere now still doubt the spite for the fans that exists within SJP? #nufc

:clap:

Just watching that interview on Sky, and that thing about Geordies wanting Geordies is the most worrying thing. Even those of us who aren't Geordies or Newcastle fans know that is a tired, stereotypical load of nonsense.

My final word on #nufc for the night: can anyone anywhere now still doubt the spite for the fans that exists within SJP? #nufc

yes. In 5 years time when when Pardew and Kinnear are long gone, we're doing unusually well again but Ashley is still in charge, I hope there's no-one accusing fans of being silly in hating Ashley. While he is in charge we are always a disaster waiting to happen, there is no ambition and no sense. We won't achieve anything until he's out the door.

Isn't he now a university lecturer?

Aye...but I hope he puts something in his paper :hmm: