2014/15 Fixtures and TV selections

Magpie

yeh but after everyone is back in their own city. if its 4pm, people will be absolutely pumped going on the metro down there, as well as in the crowd. at 10am, you're half forcing yourself to drink and its not very pleasant

it will be interesting. it doesnt tend to kick off when we are away to them so it would probably be alright. It will make a difference though being taken over there at about 2 rather than being at the central for about half 10

If the games later people drink more before, earlier and people drink more after. It's a no winner

tbf even if it's early kick off, people go out of their way to find bars which open at 7 etc so doesn't really make too much of a difference

Liverpool v Stoke to kick off the season. Could barely think of a worse game.

Liverpool's football isn't too bad to watch anymore IMO. It's just the insufferable commentary/hype that follows them that makes 'em a particularly nauseating televised watch.

Edit: Oh, and they have a few players who you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

midday kick off on a sunday away at Spurs is a bit of a nightmare.

Yip, i saw that.

Only 1 live game at 1730 on the saturday that weekend and no monday night game yet they have a 1200, 1400 and 1600 game on the sunday. Why??? Is it CL week either side or something?

Liverpool v Stoke to kick off the season. Could barely think of a worse game.

Don't know why but i've always thought the Champions of PL and Championship should always kick off the season agaisnt each other. Just a random thought i've always had, not saying that would be any better quality then Liverpool-Stoke.

I absolutely despise the fact that alcohol changes game times. Depressing as fuck.

I agree, i used to have a skinfull before every home game and also when i travelled away but i rarely ever have 1 drink even these days since i started taking the bairn.

I enjoy that Gary Lineker has started doing opinions. Even if they are tame.

Former England captain Gary Lineker believes national boss Roy Hodgson will not be happy after the early season televised fixtures were announced.

The Match of the Day presenter says the Premier League schedule does not help England's World Cup qualifying bid.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs play  five days before an England game.

"Bet Roy Hodgson is not overly chuffed with SkySports selection of TV games before England's vital games. Predictable, but sad," Lineker tweeted.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to dig the knife in a little more...

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/07/29/nbc-sports-group-announces-u-s-tv-schedule-for-first-three-months-of-premier-league-season/

A total of 69 Premier League matches – at least five games each week in the season’s first three months – will be presented on NBC Sports Network, NBC and CNBC with all games preceded and followed by Premier League Live pre- and post-match shows from the NBC Sports Group International Broadcast Center in Stamford, Conn.

The 61 remaining Premier League matches will be made available on Premier League Extra Time, a bonus television package available to MVPDs at no extra cost for customers who receive NBC Sports Network.

All Premier League games will be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra, NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices and tablets.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: TV

I've used Viasats (who has the PL rights in Sweden) web service to watch our games the last couple of seasons. Viasat used to show 2-3 games on TV at 3 on saturdays, but with the web service you could watch any game you wanted.

That meant that I could watch all our games, which in theory was great (unfortunately we were horse shit).

This has changed coming into this season, they are now only allowed (by the PL) to broadcast 1 game on saturdays at 3, even online. This means that they will very rarely show our games, so it won't be worth the money any more.

Do you know why they have this 1-game-rule on saturdays? Surely it has to have something to do with money?

I read about the pubs using foreign channels to show games, but I don't see how this rule changes any of that. It fucking sucks that I won't be able to watch our games. :(

Dare say it's already been mentioned, but I noticed today that 4 of our 5 Sky fixtures pre-December are away games. I forget who the home one was, think it might've been Chelsea in November.

Dare say it's already been mentioned, but I noticed today that 4 of our 5 Sky fixtures pre-December are away games. I forget who the home one was, think it might've been Chelsea in November.

and West Brom home.

• 1 month later...

Sky Sports has added 16 live Barclays Premier League matches to its December and New Year line-up as it continues its biggest ever season of live football.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur all feature in the selections.

There are at least three live fixtures a week on Sky Sports throughout December, including Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool, Arsenal v Chelsea and Chelsea v Liverpool.

The new fixtures form part of the biggest ever season of Barclays Premier League on Sky Sports.

Not only does Sky Sports have more live coverage with 116 matches in total, its audience has hit a new record in the early part of the season.

Average viewers for the first 23 live Premier League matches on Sky Sports are up 20% on last year, helping Sky Sports record its best ever start to a Premier League season.

In 2014, viewers can look forward to 57 more live matches between January and May, making Sky Sports the home to more than three-quarters of all televised fixtures over the remainder of the season.

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: "The great sport keeps on coming for Sky Sports viewers. This is our biggest ever season of Premier League football and we're off to a record-breaking start with our audiences well up on last year.

"We are the unrivalled home of the Premier League and viewers are responding really positively to having access to the widest range of must-see fixtures."

16 newly confirmed live Premier League fixtures for December and the New Year:

Find out more by clicking on the leagues below:

Sat 7: Sunderland v Tottenham (ko 5.30pm)

Sun 8: Fulham v Aston Villa (ko 1.30pm)

Sun 8: Arsenal v Everton (ko 4pm)

Mon 9: Swansea City v Hull City (ko 8pm)

Sat 14: Hull City v Stoke City (ko 5.30pm)

Sun 15: Aston Villa v Man Utd (ko 1.30pm)

Sun 15: Tottenham v Liverpool (ko 4pm)

Sun 22: Southampton v Tottenham (ko 1.30pm)

Sun 22: Swansea City v Everton (ko 4pm)

Mon 23: Arsenal v Chelsea (ko 8pm)

Thu 26: Hull City v Man Utd (ko 12.45pm)

Sat 28: West Ham v West Brom (ko 12.45pm)

Sat 28: Cardiff City v Sunderland (ko 5.30pm)

Sun 29: Newcastle United v Arsenal (ko 1.30pm)

Sun 29: Chelsea v Liverpool (ko 4pm)

Wed Jan 1: Swansea v Man City (ko 12.45pm)

BT Sport's confirmed televised fixtures for December and New Year:

Crystal Palace v West Ham - Tuesday December 3, 8pm

Swansea v Newcastle - Wednesday December 4, 7.45pm

Manchester United v Newcastle - Saturday December 7, 12.45pm

Manchester City v Arsenal - Saturday December 14, 12.45pm

Liverpool v Cardiff - Saturday December 21, 12.45pm

West Ham v Arsenal - Boxing Day, 3pm

Manchester City v Liverpool - Boxing Day, 5.30pm

Southampton v Chelsea - New Year's Day, 3pm

Manchester United v Tottenham - New Year's Day, 5.30pm

Swansea v Newcastle - Wednesday December 4, 7.45pm

Manchester United v Newcastle - Saturday December 7, 12.45pm

:lol: These plus Liverpool at home. I remember thinking how good it'd be to watch us play on BT Sport free of charge during the summer. :yao:

Our next 9 fixtures:

Liverpool (h)

Sunderland (a)                

Manchester City (h)                

Chelsea (h)                

Spurs (a)                

Norwich City (h)                

West Brom (h)                

Swansea City (a)                

Manchester United

Only one of them isnt televised in this country (magmedia...)

• 4 weeks later...

Eight newly-confirmed live Sky Sports Barclays Premier League matches:

Sat Jan 11: Manchester United v Swansea City (5.30pm)

Sun Jan 12: Newcastle v Manchester City (2.05pm)

Sun Jan 12: Stoke City v Liverpool (4.10pm)

Mon Jan 13: Aston Villa v Arsenal (8pm)

Sat Jan 18: Liverpool v Aston Villa (5.30pm)

Sun 19: Swansea City v Tottenham (1.30pm)

Sun 19: Chelsea v Manchester United (4pm)

Mon 20: West Brom v Everton (8pm)