Sunderland

Nobody

Guest reefatoon

Is Poyet highly rated? A Brighton fan I know didn't like him, was adamant that he wouldn't get them promoted and said he doesn't have a particularly adventurous philosophy.

Yeah, and some of our fans think Pardew is a tactical genius.

Is Poyet highly rated? A Brighton fan I know didn't like him, was adamant that he wouldn't get them promoted and said he doesn't have a particularly adventurous philosophy.

Tron rates him.

Have to say, my experience talking to Brighton fans has been along the same lines as yours. But as said, worth a gamble considering the position the mackems find themselves in.

It depends what you mean by highly rated. Is he considered as highly as Rafa benitez or Gus Hiddink? No. Of the cheaper options for clubs that don't want to invest in an expensive manager, I would say yes. One Brighton fan's opinion doesn't really tell us much in isolation.

Yeah, and some of our fans think Pardew is a tactical genius.

Name and shame these fans please....

Tron rates him.

Have to say, my experience talking to Brighton fans has been along the same lines as yours. But as said, worth a gamble considering the position the mackems find themselves in.

A few on here rated the di Canio appointment too, reckoned it showed ambition and we should be doing the same.

Quite funny looking back like.

It depends what you mean by highly rated. Is he considered as highly as Rafa benitez or Gus Hiddink? No. Of the cheaper options for clubs that don't want to invest in an expensive manager, I would say yes. One Brighton fan's opinion doesn't really tell us much in isolation.

I wasn't suggesting it told us much, I was just intrigued to see if he was talking shit :lol:

I wasn't suggesting it told us much, I was just intrigued to see if he was talking shit :lol:

Tbf, the only reason I thought he'd be a good appointment was on the basis of a couple of games against us. They looked far better organised defensively, they had a good work ethic and they showed good movement and passing when they had possession. Hopefully it was just a one off and he will prove to be shite after all.

Tbf, the only reason I thought he'd be a good appointment was on the basis of a couple of games against us. They looked far better organised defensively, they had a good work ethic and they showed good movement and passing when they had possession. Hopefully it was just a one off and he will prove to be shite after all.

Well let's face it if he's not as good as Benitez or Hiddink and that tosser Pardew has beaten both of those recently, Poyet must be really fucking shite.

Well let's face it if he's not as good as Benitez or Hiddink and that tosser Pardew has beaten both of those recently, Poyet must be really fucking shite.

Can't argue with that logic. You've convinced me.

I wasn't suggesting it told us much, I was just intrigued to see if he was talking s*** :lol:

Tbf, the only reason I thought he'd be a good appointment was on the basis of a couple of games against us. They looked far better organised defensively, they had a good work ethic and they showed good movement and passing when they had possession. Hopefully it was just a one off and he will prove to be s**** after all.

Well let's face it if he's not as good as Benitez or Hiddink and that tosser Pardew has beaten both of those recently, Poyet must be really f***ing s****.

You've got to be the worst poster on here.

I don't think he's that highly rated, we overrate him on here because he's not Pardew.

:lol:

I don't think he's that highly rated, we overrate him on here because he's not Pardew.

Disagree. Think he's rated on here because he set out a team from a lower division that beat us comfortably twice.

Not really seen Brighton play other than those 2 games so couldn't comment. He's a good commentator/analyst, that's about as much as i can vouch for.

Guest Roger Kint

Disagree. Think he's rated on here because he set out a team from a lower division that beat us comfortably twice.

One of those was against this team. If thats your yardstick i dare say we would rate virtually any manager in history.

Elliot Tavernier Perch Williamson Santon Anita Abeid Bigirimana Obertan Shola Ameobi Sammy Ameobi

One of those was against this team. If thats your yardstick i dare say we would rate virtually any manager in history.

Elliot Tavernier Perch Williamson Santon Anita Abeid Bigirimana Obertan Shola Ameobi Sammy Ameobi

See! Look at the quality of that development squad! And he still managed to turn us over...

Made a lot of enemies quite quickly at Brighton. Yes they played a decent brand of football but all was not well behind closed doors. Work with a guy who also works at Brighton and he rates him highly to an extent - it's just he doesn't exactly bring harmony to a club.

Example was with Vicente. Player did very well at first, but due to family issues became homesick and asked Poyet for a move. Poyet said if he tried his best and carried on at the club he'd definitely let him leave at the end of the season. Come end of the season, Poyet changes his mind and tells Vicente he has to stay and he never made such a promise. Not exactly wonderful man management.

Also a direct quote from Vicente:

Meanwhile, the club's departing Spanish star Vicente has blasted Poyet by calling him "the worst person I've come across in football."

The 31-year-old told the Argus: "For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it’s how I feel.

"I won’t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football."

Made a lot of enemies quite quickly at Brighton. Yes they played a decent brand of football but all was not well behind closed doors. Work with a guy who also works at Brighton and he rates him highly to an extent - it's just he doesn't exactly bring harmony to a club.

Example was with Vicente. Player did very well at first, but due to family issues became homesick and asked Poyet for a move. Poyet said if he tried his best and carried on at the club he'd definitely let him leave at the end of the season. Come end of the season, Poyet changes his mind and tells Vicente he has to stay and he never made such a promise. Not exactly wonderful man management.

Also a direct quote from Vicente:

Meanwhile, the club's departing Spanish star Vicente has blasted Poyet by calling him "the worst person I've come across in football."

The 31-year-old told the Argus: "For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it’s how I feel.

"I won’t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football."

Sounds like DI Canio but doesn't do it in public.