Sunderland

Nobody

From your perspective I get it, but even if the Jets got someone good, I'd acknowledge they were good while praying to Jobu for their absolute failure and misery.

I've said it before, but I can't get behind the rivalry as hard as you. It's a local thing and I'm not local. They sign one of us, I want the guy to succeed.

This is it in a nutshell.

No.

Don't care, no. Just no.

:lol: Sorry, I just don't have some visceral hatred for Sunderland. Never been there, never met anyone from there. I consider myself a Newcastle fan and respect the rivalry, but that's about it.

:lol: Sorry, I just don't have some visceral hatred for Sunderland. Never been there, never met anyone from there. I consider myself a Newcastle fan and respect the rivalry, but that's about it.

mackem tbh

He's got a point. I know the Toon faithful don't give a flying fuck of the club's popularity in the States, but a big opportunity is there and Newcastle is getting left behind. And that doesn't mean the club necessarily has to go out and buy American players to make an impact. Hardly in fact. Just making an effort to market a little better over here would do wonders.

Sure you'll find plenty of Newcastle supporters in the U.S., but most have some connection to the team or city. Your average American football fan isn't going to choose to follow Newcastle over the big clubs or teams with American players.

I think there's definitely some hesitation by many Newcastle fans to expand globally, for fear of the history and tradition of this club being lost to some degree. Which I think is unfounded (especially since the biggest threat to this club's tradition has been its owner, more than foreign influence of any kind).

Tbh as much as I hate American fans being full of their own self-importance when it comes to the Premier League, you can't moan about us not maximising our revenue under Ashley and be happy with us not pushing ourselves in the increasingly lucrative foreign markets.

Tbh as much as I hate American fans being full of their own self-importance when it comes to the Premier League, you can't moan about us not maximising our revenue under Ashley and be happy with us not pushing ourselves in the increasingly lucrative foreign markets.

True, but we've missed the boat globally mostly too so its all shit mostly anyway. The only way too get it is through success and that's not going to happen.

We might get an extra few million here and there but is that really going to make a massive difference to our small time attitude, very unlikely.

We've also been to America recently. Played infront of some sparse crowds, did it achieve anything? Unlikely.

The fact we're talking about this, in the mackem fucking thread, sickening.

In what way? We're proud of our players and want them to do well. I don't say we overrate our players anymore than English fans overrate English players. American players are still highly undervalued and disrespected by many fans and clubs in this league, for whatever reason. But for the most part, American players have enjoyed successful PL careers whenever they've come over.

Doesn't work like that, I'm the same and I fucking hate them and hope to never have to see one in my life. I've embraced what it is to be a Newcastle fan. I guess it's down to the fact that Brazil has a football culture and I can relate unlike the US

:yao:

I just mean in general there seems to have been an attitude that we need to get American fans on board with the sport of football like it makes any difference to the fact that it's the global popular sport regardless of whether you're interested or not.  Also, English fans should always be regarded as 100 times more important than foreign fans of Premier League football, however money talks and we're increasingly seeing that not being the case with kick off times, etc.  Fans of English clubs that reside in this country and actually attend games will always be the lifeblood of the sport.  The Premier League have already changed the game from a working class game to more of a middle class one and if they take the piss enough then teams will be playing in front of half-empty grounds.  At least I hope they will anyway, it's what the PL deserves the way they carry on.

Doesn't work like that, I'm the same and I fucking hate them and hope to never have to see one in my life. I've embraced what it is to be a Newcastle fan. I guess it's down to the fact that Brazil has a football culture and I can relate unlike the US

:rolleyes:

i.e. I couldn't care less about Jozy Altidore but I'm surprised at the way you lot are carrying on about it.  He plays for Sunderland, I hope he hits the corner flag every time he shoots.

I hope he loses his legs. And then get them back when he leaves Shitland.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/442334/boondocks-dickriding-o.gif

:lol: The yao was incredibly excessive.

i.e. I couldn't care less about Jozy Altidore but I'm surprised at the way you lot are carrying on about it.  He plays for Sunderland, I hope he hits the corner flag every time he shoots.

He's one of ours. It sucks that he plays for them, but I'm not going to hope that one of our players turns to shit because he's got the wrong shirt on. We need everyone we've got.