Sunderland

Nobody

Mike has been having a week long argument that Sunderland's new signing will succeed with a forum of life long, fully indoctrinated Newcastle supporters. I wonder if the guy drives west to the Appalachians, steps from his vehicle, and pushes mountains expecting them to move.

Mike, imagine he'd signed for the Jets.  Ignore that it's a completely ridiculous example, would you still want him to succeed?

There's no equivalent there. There's no real NFL international competition that I value more than my NFL team.

Mike, imagine he'd signed for the Jets.  Ignore that it's a completely ridiculous example, would you still want him to succeed?

There's no equivalent there. There's no real NFL international competition that I value more than my NFL team.

I mean as a soccer player, I said it was a ridiculous example.  Just trying to pick a team who mean to you what Sunderland mean to us.

From your perspective I get it, but even if the Jets got someone good, I'd acknowledge they were good while praying to Jobu for their absolute failure and misery.

I've said it before, but I can't get behind the rivalry as hard as you. It's a local thing and I'm not local. They sign one of us, I want the guy to succeed.

:lol: I'd like to think that I wouldn't be upset if an English Knicks fan cheered for Luol Deng. As long as it wasn't when he played us.

He's now, pretty much, their main striker. He does well, they do well...

You need to wash your hands of him until he moves on to a different club tbh chap.

:lol: I'd like to think that I wouldn't be upset if an English Knicks fan cheered for Luol Deng. As long as it wasn't when he played us.

Don't act you like don't where my loyalties like when Festus Ezeli comes to town.

:lol: You're not thinking about it for the ten minutes he plays? "It certainly would not displease me if young Festus hit this shot."

As long as Mike wants to see Altidore do reasonably well and not flop but still wants them as a whole to fail miserably and finish bottom and fuck off out of the league then I don't see the problem.

I can understand the feeling of having empathy with a player from your own country.

You need to wash your hands of him until he moves on to a different club tbh chap.

:lol: If he's their main striker then shit is going to be awkward for me. It's a World Cup year, midds. I don't know what to say here. He's not playing now and we've got zero goals vs Cuba, ffs.

The ideal outcome for Mike would be Altidore scoring shitloads, but Sunderlands opponents scoring more than them and Altidore being sold on next season due to being the only player in their side that didn't stink.

:lol: If he's their main striker then shit is going to be awkward for me. It's a World Cup year, midds. I don't know what to say here. He's not playing now and we've got zero goals vs Cuba, ffs.

Cuba got one.

Mike has been having a week long argument that Sunderland's new signing will succeed with a forum of life long, fully indoctrinated Newcastle supporters. I wonder if the guy drives west to the Appalachians, steps from his vehicle, and pushes mountains expecting them to move.

:lol:

You get double points for slipping-in a reference to the Appalachians.

The ideal outcome for Mike would be Altidore scoring shitloads, but Sunderlands opponents scoring more than them and Altidore being sold on next season due to being the only player in their side that didn't stink.

That's the dream, man.

From your perspective I get it, but even if the Jets got someone good, I'd acknowledge they were good while praying to Jobu for their absolute failure and misery.

I've said it before, but I can't get behind the rivalry as hard as you. It's a local thing and I'm not local. They sign one of us, I want the guy to succeed.

This is it in a nutshell.