Sunderland

Nobody

Pro rata (in terms of catchments area, etc.) we beat them hands down IMO. Ours is much smaller and split as you say, whereas they have the likes of Whitley Bay, North Shields, Hexham, etc to pull from as well as all the other areas. It would be interesting to see across every person in the NE who they support and from them which percentage actually attend games. We'd have a far higher percentage I'm sure.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dafuq-did-i-just-read-240x180.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

Hexham. :lol:

Why not go the whole way and include the billions of potential lifeforms around each star viewed from Kielder Observatory. f***ing mugs. :lol:

Many areas are split (e.g. South Shields) and some even have a mag majority (e.g. Gateshead and North West Durham).

He is actually surprised that Gateshead is prodominantly NUFC??

Gateshead centre being about a 15 minute walk from SJP????

Not really. The tyne is a barrier for North Shields, Tynemouth, Whitley Bay people following us because traditionally they've got to go right round the long way for easy access.

Their counterparts south of the tyne simply head up river and over into the ground. Despite being closer in theory, nearly everyone south of the tyne can travel to newcastle easier and quicker.

So what they really need would be some kinda tunnel that runs under the Tyne to link those places to the south..if only eh?

Guest firetotheworks

Not really. The tyne is a barrier for North Shields, Tynemouth, Whitley Bay people following us because traditionally they've got to go right round the long way for easy access.

Their counterparts south of the tyne simply head up river and over into the ground. Despite being closer in theory, nearly everyone south of the tyne can travel to newcastle easier and quicker.

So what they really need would be some kinda tunnel that runs under the Tyne to link those places to the south..if only eh?

That's probably the best one I've seen.

If it wasn't for the river that's notoriously just south of Newcastle, that's part of Newcastle's name, its identity, and part of its folk songs. In essence, the entire reason that it's even a city in the first place.

That river that also runs south of areas, such as North Shields, TYNEmouth and Whitley Bay that are also notoriously north of that river, the river that divides those that are Geordies and those that aren't, those that support Newcastle and those that don't.

Aye, if only that river that is the very reason that Newcastle exists wasn't there, everyone that would be there in that situation (about the population of Killingworth) would all support Sunderland.

Strangest one is the bloke who talks about there not being other clubs north of Newcastle until you reach Scotland, south (apart from themselves) until you reach Yorkshire and west until you reach Carlisle. I'm guessing that he's not realised the same can be said for Sunderland if you switch round the North/South part?  :lol:

Strangest one is the bloke who talks about there not being other clubs north of Newcastle until you reach Scotland, south (apart from themselves) until you reach Yorkshire and west until you reach Carlisle. I'm guessing that he's not realised the same can be said for Sunderland if you switch round the North/South part?  :lol:

Mackematics man, it always favours thier bullshit.

Reading that thread it turns out we get smaller crowds than wigan.

And as for the fucking ice age melting and leaving a valley for the tyne- if only it had been further south and the Romans might have settled there and built a wall. its a Geographical conspiracy marras.

That thread man, such desperation....the number of them blaming transport links!

"Dad what football team do I support?"

"Choose Sunderland of course, just like me and your Granda"

"Erm....can I check the bus timetable first?

And of course, 1992 when football began:

Newcastle have not suffered the humiliations and the dark days we have since 1992. I was in huge hope that in 2009 when Newcastle were relegated their dominance would be all over

Ladies and gentleman, the world contradiction champion 2013.