Sunderland

Nobody

Love how they are all talking about 'Wembley' and 'The Final' already.... despite the fact they potentially have to play one of Man City, Man Utd or Spurs over 2 legs yet.

:idiot2:

Lad on FB was under the impression wins for Man Utd/Spurs tonight guaranteed them European football. They are a special bunch :lol:

Assuming the Europa League place dropped down to the League Cup runners up (which it doesn't) they are still jumping the gun for a few reasons:

1. It would not drop down to a semi-finalist.

2. They have to get to the final yet.

3. Both Man Utd and Spurs are hardly guaranteed a European place via league standings, at least not as things stand.

Jel Jawdeez being jel marra.

Supa jel marra. I'd love to be deep in a relegation battle with an unrealistic chance of winning the League Cup by being in the semi-finals which will drain energy from our players during a time when we have crucial games against our relegation rivals before we go into the final 2-3 months of the season playing mostly team from the top 8.

'lad at work' today:

"Sunderland will be in Europe whilst Newcastle are nowhere near" to which I replied the fact they have to get through a lot more football to be in Europe, and to have a quick look at the table before making the mistake (again) of saying we are nowhere near Europe.

I then said he will be hoping for a Newcastle win this weekend,to which he said "No chance, rather get relegated than wish you cunts a win" and I finished it off with fair enough, anything to try and get us away from the big boys eh.

Honestly they are mental. Can't wait until they're relegated!

Guest alijmitchell

I don't think it is really that insane in general to take a relegation if it meant winning a cup, so from that point of view fair point. However, in their position, with the amount they've spent and the wages a lot of their players are on, I'd be worried that relegation might hurt them very very badly. If I knew Newcastle would survive after relegation I'd take a cup win.

Guest alijmitchell

I'd still want them to help us by taking point off our rivals in a relegation battle as well - even if it meant them getting into Europe. I put my own club first thanks, not hatred of another.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Even if they win the LC they will still have to play 2 qualifying ties before reaching the group stages. It's better to get into the Europa League via FA Cup/6th place rather than LC winner.

They do have good crowds like, for a club like that. I don't why they need to be so pathetic about having less than we do.

Because we are their benchmark for everything

^ That is very true - even Gabbiadini on Totalsport - often if he's trying to justify or make a point about something Sunderland/their fans/a player has done, he'll compare it to something to with us/our fans/players.

One of his favourites is if he's trying defend Clattermole.... he'll compare a tackle he got carded for with one Cabaye wasn't carded for, regardless of context.

Anyone that went to the derby in October, how much did you pay?

They're booting off en-masse on twitter because we've charged them £47.

£39 + £1 booking fee.

In fairness that was 40 quid more than the cheapest ticket for home fans, so by that logic we should be charging them 80 quid or whatever.

the poor lambs must be crapping themselves at the prospect of the europa league given that it's a pointless, worthless tournament against the eastern european equivilents of colchester etc or is it just pointless when it's us but huge for them ?

Anyone that went to the derby in October, how much did you pay?

They're booting off en-masse on twitter because we've charged them £47.

Couldn't their club just taken up the £20 reciprocal ticket deal?

they could, they didn't and to be fair some on RTG have had a go at their club for it.