Sunderland

Nobody

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The interesting thing is that they have won half of their points tally in their last 8 matches which says a lot about their current form and their previous one. They'll easily get over the 40 point barrier if they can keep the same winning percentages but I doubt so because good form never last more than 10 matches. 

As for swapping seasons if they win the LC final and stay up then yes I'd take their season but that's a big IF.

Their full remaining league fixtures:

Man City: A

Arsenal: A

Liverpool: A

Crystal Palace: H

Norwich: A

West Ham: H

Spurs: A

Everton: H

Chelsea: A

Cardiff: H

Man Utd: A

Swansea: H

Obviously the mini run of Crystal Palace, Norwich, and West Ham is key to them staying up.

The Hull loss has thier calamity right back on track. If those away games go as expected, then that home game against a resurgent Palace is looking critical.

I have heard the classic 'would rather have our season, that yours' from a mackem in the past few days. 'Win both Derbys and a cup final'. If they dont win the cup final and still get relegated i wonder if he would still say the same. Runners up really means f*** all imo, and i dont see the derby as the be all and end all, of a league season.

I would probably swap our season for theirs in all honesty. Our season is pretty dire, only highlight being the win at OT.

Even that has turned out to be pretty average  :lol:

They've had excitement. I guess we have a bit too (winning at old Trafford) but nothing compared to theirs

is it excitement though? Certainly is in the cup but more like stress in the league imo. I found the threat of the drop stressful when we were down there last season. Some of their rivals down there have strengthened well. Zaha at Cardiff,  ince and ledley at palace. Carrols coming back for w ham. Hope they're deep in it after these hard away games.  The pressure will be cranked up massively.

Their full remaining league fixtures:

Man City: A

Arsenal: A

Liverpool: A

Crystal Palace: H

Norwich: A

West Ham: H

Spurs: A

Everton: H

Chelsea: A

Cardiff: H

Man Utd: A

Swansea: H

Obviously the mini run of Crystal Palace, Norwich, and West Ham is key to them staying up.

You missed West Brom at home, to be rearranged due to the Cup Final. But I agree that we need to start winning our home games starting March 15th. If we don't we're fooked.

Going down doesn't really bother me, we've done it so many times in my almost 40 years of supporting Sunderland I've become desensitised to it. I'd obviously rather stay up, but it's not the end of the world if we don't make it. Not too long ago we had one point from 8 games, and were playing the worst football I've seen since Howard Wilkinson was with us. We now have 24 points from 25 games, are out of the bottom 3 (just!), in a cup final, and are playing proper football. The future isn't as bad as it looked 6 months ago.

I don't see them getting more than a point from those next three games but the key is really not getting howked. If they lose by a goal or two (or even three if the performance is spirited) then it won't affect their morale too much for those important home games.

I thought that a couple of weeks ago but now i'm not sure. They've got a bad run of games coming up and they've hopefully had their good spell. Fingers crossed they get humped all over in the final and it takes the wind out of their sails.

If they get humped all over tomorrow it will take the wind out of their sails even more so. It may be city away but a humping of the team they play in the final will make the trip seem a lot less appealing imo.

I thought that a couple of weeks ago but now i'm not sure. They've got a bad run of games coming up and they've hopefully had their good spell. Fingers crossed they get humped all over in the final and it takes the wind out of their sails.

Let's hope so but over the last few years, as bad as they've been, they've had a habit of picking up unexpected results.

I've felt all season they'd be ok and still do now. There are worse teams. Sadly.

Guest bimpy474

For all their good form in the past weeks they're still in the bottom 3  :lol:

Next 3 games, all away : Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. Fuck that lot :lol:

Next 3 games, all away : Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. f*** that lot :lol:

Chances are they won't be that far adrift. West Brom have got Fulham and Man U, Norwich have Spurs home, Villa away and Stoke at home. prob only be 3 points off 4th bottom unfortunately

Tomorrow

Man City v Sunderland

Next Weekend

Arsenal v Sunderland

Cardiff v Hull

Norwich v Tottenham

West Ham v Southampton

West Brom v Fulham

1st/2nd March

Aston Villa v Norwich

Everton v West Ham

Fulham v Chelsea

Tottenham v Cardiff

After next weekend, the next time Sunderland play a league game is 10th March away at Liverpool.

Guest bimpy474

Chances are they won't be that far adrift. West Brom have got Fulham and Man U, Norwich have Spurs home, Villa away and Stoke at home. prob only be 3 points off 4th bottom unfortunately

Don't spoil this with your correct logic :lol:

Don't spoil this with your correct logic :lol:

Sorry :lol: as much as I want the fuckers to drown it's probably not gonna happen, too much shit down there

They'll stay up comfortably in my John Humble.

Think its too late now for them to be 'comfortable' especially with their next 3 games. Potentially their goal difference will take a hammering and they will only have 10 games remaining including Spurs, Chelsea, Everton and dare I say it manure.

Everybody knew January was their chance of points, and so it turned out true, but now it gets tougher again. Palace, West Ham and Cardiff at home are their best chance, but would 3 wins even be enough?

Having said that, wouldn't surprise me if they fluke a win (like they did at Everton) in 1 of these away games.