Sunderland

Nobody

£7m on a Scottish striker with 1 goal for his country.

:papiss:

£12 million :lol:

Rising to £14 million including add ons http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19256084

:spit take:

That is absolutely ludicrous!

£36 million for a non-scoring forward line has to be unprecedented. I've been cautiously optimistic about their fate, but surely, given their remaining fixtures......it's Yeovil time.

How about 35 million for just a non-scoring forward (Remember when Liverpool were a joke  :hmm:)?

I said 36 million. Ergo, my point stands.

35 million pounds > 36 million euro?

Genuine question, was always never sure of the exchange rates.

To be honest if we go down then it looks like we'll be there for a while.

Out of the current squad

Bardsley, Colback, Larsson, Westwood, Gardner and Dossena are out of contract.

Alonso, Ki, Borini, Celustka, Vergini, Ustari return to their parent clubs

Fletcher, Johnson,  Altidore, Giacherrini and probably Cattermole will be off if a buyer can be found. Mannone will have offers as well I'd imagine.

Leaving us heading into that league with a squad of O'Shea, Roberge, Bridcutt, Mavrias, Watmore, Wickham and Brown if he doesn't retire plus a load of kids and shite we can't get shot of.

can't believe people on here wouldn't take Ki like, he'd walk into our 11 imho

Ahead of who exactly??

i'd play him, anita +1 of sissoko/tiote depending who we're playing

so take your pick, he's a very good midfielder and totally bossed us in the last 0-3

as for the can't get in swansea's team it's due to a fallout with laudrup

To be honest if we go down then it looks like we'll be there for a while.

Out of the current squad

Bardsley, Colback, Larsson, Westwood, Gardner and Dossena are out of contract.

Alonso, Ki, Borini, Celustka, Vergini, Ustari return to their parent clubs

Fletcher, Johnson,  Altidore, Giacherrini and probably Cattermole will be off if a buyer can be found. Mannone will have offers as well I'd imagine.

Leaving us heading into that league with a squad of O'Shea, Roberge, Bridcutt, Mavrias, Watmore, Wickham and Brown if he doesn't retire plus a load of kids and shite we can't get shot of.

Whilst that's a hell of an exodus, there's probably not that many that you would choose to have in your squad were you to be promoted next year.

I should imagine Short would keep investing which would probably mean a couple of 'big names' for that division and perhaps some younger kids with good potential. Coupled with incoming loan signings and you'd be back in with a shout.

The key would probably be to keep Poyet and then let him ingrain his footballing methodology throughout the squad/club and then add to it.

To change philosophy mid-season must be difficult, especially with some players he would never choose and some who probably aren't even capable of adapting to it.

In some respects, I imagine a relegation is what you need to clear the decks but, in other, you'd absolutely have to come straight back up.

Even just the salaries of O'Shea and Brown alone are probably enough to cover half of a first eleven of other clubs in the Championship.

It's a strange league the Championship these days and you'd be doing well to totally dominate it.

Edit: I still don't see you going down (think you'll pull of some surprise results between now and the end of the season) and also think the likes of Bardsley, Johnson and Cattermole would stick around.

Connor Wickham recalled. s***, we are desperate  ;D

Odd because that lad looked a very, very good prospect a couple of years ago. Great physicality. Wouldn't be surprised if he does carve out a prem career at some point.

Just tried to have a sensible discussion with a mackem at the tea machine.  I said "looks like we did you lout a favour on sat, shame you couldnt..."

Mackem speaks up "3-0, 3-0 how many times have we beaten you now? Typical smug geordie"

Whut?!?!.

Seems like theyve resorted to being uber childish again in the face of relegation.

Just tried to have a sensible discussion with a mackem at the tea machine.  I said "looks like we did you lout a favour on sat, shame you couldnt..."

Mackem speaks up "3-0, 3-0 how many times have we beaten you now? Typical smug geordie"

Whut?!?!.

Seems like theyve resorted to being uber childish again in the face of relegation.

Shouldn't have called him a lout tbf.