Sunderland

Nobody

Just read on RTG that they've only scored 8 goals in 16 games against teams in the bottom half....not a single one at home. :lol:

Pretty fucked given their remaining away fixtures and their home games other than Everton are against teams in the bottom half.

I think they will now go down, although why the mackems on here want that to happen I do not know. You can get rid of dead wood/the crap without getting relegated you know. Unless you come straight back up you could spend many a fruitless year down there. In Jan they should have bought a goalscorer, or someone capable of scoring, even if it was someone in on loan. There is a distinct lack of goals in them where as the others seem to have that, i.e. Cardiff and even West Brom. I can't believe we lost twice to these mind, f***ing Pardew wants shot with s***!

I think it's just because it's easier to clear out the deadwood, mercenaries don't like to hang about in the Championship and there'll be a few clauses in there to get rid of others you don't want to keep. However you do need a nucleus of players that can be your backbone, players with the desire to fight for the cause that can cut it in the championship which is a whole different beast to the Premo, not sure where that's gonna come from with them.

I think they will now go down, although why the mackems on here want that to happen I do not know. You can get rid of dead wood/the crap without getting relegated you know. Unless you come straight back up you could spend many a fruitless year down there. In Jan they should have bought a goalscorer, or someone capable of scoring, even if it was someone in on loan. There is a distinct lack of goals in them where as the others seem to have that, i.e. Cardiff and even West Brom. I can't believe we lost twice to these mind, f***ing Pardew wants shot with s***!

I think it's just because it's easier to clear out the deadwood, mercenaries don't like to hang about in the Championship and there'll be a few clauses in there to get rid of others you don't want to keep. However you do need a nucleus of players that can be your backbone, players with the desire to fight for the cause that can cut it in the championship which is a whole different beast to the Premo, not sure where that's gonna come from with them.

:thup:

Yep, spot on.

I don't see the passion the likes of Nolan, Raylor, Harper etc.. gave to the side or the youngster (Colback is fucking off isn't he?) that is going to take the league by storm.

Yep, spot on.

I don't see the passion the likes of Nolan, Raylor, Harper etc.. gave to the side or the youngster (Colback is fucking off isn't he?) that is going to take the league by storm.

They all hate Colback anyway.

Guest palnese

They paid 36m for their strikers :lol:

How much!?

Fletcher 12-14m

Wickham 8-10m

Altidore  7-9m

Scocco 4m

Borini ?

. I'm sure I read something like that on rtg the other day.

Borini is on loan, probably some fee involved though. Can't believe he is still only 22 mind. Might be worth a punt if Liverpool don't want him and he is available at a decent price. Not exactly prolific but looks a decent player.

Borini is on loan, probably some fee involved though. Can't believe he is still only 22 mind. Might be worth a punt if Liverpool don't want him and he is available at a decent price. Not exactly prolific but looks a decent player.

No thanks. Couldn't bear to watch that s**** celebration once every 7 weeks or so. Plus I wouldnt want an ex macko.

No thanks. Couldn't bear to watch that s**** celebration once every 7 weeks or so. Plus I wouldnt want an ex macko.

Shay Given didn't turn out too bad.

Liverpool paid a fair few for him so I doubt they'd bin him off cheap. Be useful player to have in the squad for them next year with more games on the cards n all.

Shay Given didn't turn out too bad.

Givvo was canny.

£7m on a Scottish striker with 1 goal for his country.

:papiss:

£12 million :lol:

Rising to £14 million including add ons http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19256084

:spit take:

That is absolutely ludicrous!

£36 million for a non-scoring forward line has to be unprecedented. I've been cautiously optimistic about their fate, but surely, given their remaining fixtures......it's Yeovil time.

Ellis short took them over in may 2009

money spent                money recouped             

09/10          £ 40.5 million                    £ 18.7 million

10/11          £ 25.6 million                    £ 36.7 million

11/12          £ 24.8 million                    £ 23.1 million

12/13          £ 33.7 million                    £ 13 million

13/14          £ 29.8 million                    £ 19.6 million

Total            £ 154.4 million                £ 111.1 million  =  -  £ 43.3 million

That is not including compensation to managers/coaches they have fired and i think loan fees as well, they made a loss of 23 million last season and have a bank overdraft of 40 million so if they do get relegated this season, you could say they could be up shit creek without a paddle.

Rising to £14 million including add ons http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19256084

£36 million for a non-scoring forward line has to be unprecedented. I've been cautiously optimistic about their fate, but surely, given their remaining fixtures......it's Yeovil time.

How about 35 million for just a non-scoring forward (Remember when Liverpool were a joke  :hmm:)?

How about 35 million for just a non-scoring forward (Remember when Liverpool were a joke  :hmm:)?

I said 36 million. Ergo, my point stands.

Yep, spot on.

I was speaking to one guy from school who still keeps in touch with him a little while back, apparently last Summer both Palace and Hull were after him but Sunderland wouldn't let him go, they were both considering coming in for him in January but they know they can get him for nothing in the summer when his contract is up.