Sunderland

Nobody

Was thinking yesterday, it'd be fantastic if they can get some sort of false hope in the next 10 days, only to be dragged down again. Will make it things a bit more spicy, and the RTG meltdown would be funnier.

Some sort routine like away wins at Etihad and StamfordBridge, then followed by a brave typical 0-2 home loss to Cardiff. Yea, make it happen. Just to mix it up and make it a little less dull.

I can see through your Liverpool agenda a f***ing mile off  :lol:

:lol: Not even subtle. The sooner the better for these lot to get flushed down.

Guest Walter

Been away all weekend without tinternet so catching up with rtg...man I love that place at times. The thread about here is 'pewa gerld'  :lol:

Also seems like the tide has turned on Poyet with most wanting him out. Impatient fuckers them lot, he's said and done a few daft things but the problems run deep down there and it won't be fixed by one man in less than one season. Imagine if they were stuck with Pardew?

Was thinking yesterday, it'd be fantastic if they can get some sort of false hope in the next 10 days, only to be dragged down again. Will make it things a bit more spicy, and the RTG meltdown would be funnier.

Some sort routine like away wins at Etihad and StamfordBridge, then followed by a brave typical 0-2 home loss to Cardiff. Yea, make it happen. Just to mix it up and make it a little less dull.

Because you would have no other reason to want those results?

Mates going mental on Facebook about Poyet having resigned. Any truth in it? :lol:

Think its bs. But getting has gone from 25-1 to 10-1 in the last few minutes.  :lol:

Huge mistake to let him go, he's a good manager.

£21,000,000 a season after the Drumaville Buyout :lol:

£83,000,000 to our -£4,800,000 :lol: Holy shit I didn't realise it was actually that bad. They have literally the worst transfer policy in world football.

Jokes aside, forgetting the cup run, Poyet has done every bit as poorly as Solskjaer in the league.

24 points in 25 games.

Wonder how many they'd have now if Di Canio stayed. At least he called it right with their players not caring/being twats. He would have probably been jailed by now with all the squad feuds.

I find it funny how Paulo Di Canio is being held in some form of high regard over there for acknowledging their players were s**** almost to a man, something that 52.000 "screaming gawdees" could have readily told them without having to go through the embarrassment of backing a fascist, having said fascist buy and loan 15 or so more duds and (almost certain) relegation.

Jokes aside, forgetting the cup run, Poyet has done every bit as poorly as Solskjaer in the league.

24 points in 25 games.

Wonder how many they'd have now if Di Canio stayed. At least he called it right with their players not caring/being twats. He would have probably been jailed by now with all the squad feuds.

Poyet was on a hiding to nothing taking that shower of shit over mid-season. I don't think he's the right man for the job anyway, I can't see him being motivated in a dump like that in the lower divisions. He didn't do his career any favours going there.

24 points in 25 games.

Poyet was on a hiding to nothing taking that shower of shit over mid-season. I don't think he's the right man for the job anyway, I can't see him being motivated in a dump like that in the lower divisions. He didn't do his career any favours going there.

I begrudgingly rate him. He'll have them somewhere near the top of the Championship next season. They'e not going to attract anyone better and no bigger clubs are about to take a risk on him. This is a good opportunity for all parties.

I do feel Di Canio is partially vindicated, though. The players are to blame for the mackem's current plight. However, PDC is still a cunt who hasn't a clue on how deal with these sorts of players without resorting to being a nightmarish dictator. He made the situation worse rather than better.

24 points in 25 games.

I begrudgingly rate him. He'll have them somewhere near the top of the Championship next season. They'e not going to attract anyone better and no bigger clubs are about to take a risk on him. This is a good opportunity for all parties.

I do feel Di Canio is partially vindicated, though. The players are to blame for the mackem's current plight. However, PDC is still a cunt who hasn't a clue on how deal with these sorts of players without resorting to being a nightmarish dictator. He made the situation worse rather than better.

Didn't he sign most of them?

24 points in 25 games.

Poyet's only on a 2 year contract anyway. If he has a good season next year, that will put him back in the shop window and I can see him bailing if he gets an offer from a half decent club.

Even with that squad, if Poyet had anything about him he would have managed to save them from relegation really. Other than a dead cat bounce when he came in, the obligatory surrenders of our gutless lot and a few games in January he's been every bit as bad as Di Canio.

24 points in 25 games.

Didn't he sign most of them?

From what my mackem mates tell me there's some debate about how much was down to him and how much of the recruitment was De Fanti.

However, they needed to sign a lot of players because of the size of their squad. Some are always going to flop due to either not adapting to the league or the club.  That's not particularly helped if you're recruiting mercenaries (s they have to - after all, who the fuck wants to play for Sunderland?) and hire Mussolini to manage them.

Even with that squad, if Poyet had anything about him he would have managed to save them from relegation really. Other than a dead cat bounce when he came in, the obligatory surrenders of our gutless lot and a few games in January he's been every bit as bad as Di Canio.

I don't know. They lack goals. Short of turning them into Arsenal and have them pass the ball into the net I don't think there's much Poyet could have done. He took a punt on another striker in January... that didn't work out. They recalled the kid that they had out on loan... he hasn't worked out. They tried playing midfielders up front to see if they could get it done... that didn't work out. They know what the problem is, they just didn't find the right personnel to fix it.

I don't know. They lack goals. Short of turning them into Arsenal and have them pass the ball into the net I don't think there's much Poyet could have done. He took a punt on another striker in January... that didn't work out. They recalled the kid that they had out on loan... he hasn't worked out. They tried playing midfielders up front to see if they could get it done... that didn't work out. They know what the problem is, they just didn't find the right personnel to fix it.

Pardew couldn't do much, Poyet couldn't do much.

For someone with an avatar featuring Mourinho and Sir Bobby Robson you don't seem to have much appreciation for the effect a manager can have on a team. Where did Tony Pulis get his goals, down the back of the sofa?

Nah, not having that, sorry. Fletcher is a better striker than he's shown this season under Poyet, and the same goes for Altidore (and Graham,who he hasn't bothered to recall). They're not world beaters, but Poyet should have got more goals out of that lot than the four he did if, again, he had anything about him.

Pardew couldn't do much, Poyet couldn't do much.

For someone with an avatar featuring Mourinho and Sir Bobby Robson you don't seem to have much appreciation for the effect a manager can have on a team. Where did Tony Pulis get his goals, down the back of the sofa?

The manager does his work Sunday-Friday. When it comes to Saturday he's a spectator. He can affect the culture of the club to a point... PDC made it a shitty atmosphere, Poyet seems to have cheered the players up enough to go on a up run but not much more.

I'm sure Poyet has Antiscore working on his finishing every day in training... he might even be banging them in. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him bury it in the back of the net when it actually matters.

When it became apparent he couldn't fix Altidore he tried other options. Multiple options. He does't have the time and/or ability to get it fixed.

Maybe you can suggest what exactly it is a manager should have a player or a team do if they just aren't able to score goals?

What would you do with Altidore or Cisse? Players you know can score goals but just aren't? Mourinho couldn't get Torres scoring like he was. Managers don't have a magic wand.

They had 1 point from 7 games when Poyet came in. Since Di Canio left they've found another 24 from 25 games along with two good cup runs. But more than that, his teams continue to outplay us on the football pitch despite the squads at their disposal. That's the worrying thing. Poyet might unproven at the top level, but then it's Pardew who is more  responsible for fluffing up his CV more than anyone. What does that tell you?