Sunderland

Nobody

It's when fans who've "given up" attack others that still go and enjoy themselves that I can't stand like

In a nutshell.  I stopped going because of Pardew and then it got even worse with Carver.  I never felt the need to criticise others for still turning up though. 

I'd like to start going again TBH and hope to before or over Christmas.  I think it would take some monumental effort to get rid of Ashley and a buyer that would stump up silly money to get him to hand over the reins.  So I don't see why it should totally ruin that slight bit of enjoyment I sometimes get from watching us live.

Wow.  I got depressed typing that :lol:

Guest Recoba

To those who stay away for various reasons... you are not missed!

You did miss Thauvin play a blinder last night though.  Home debut of a potential NUFC legend.  I had a great time.

At least you can feel good about yourself for taking a stand, but what are you achieving?  No one but you gives a shit about your feelings.

I'll probably be staying away for the whole of the season.  One promising window isn't going to make me do a u-turn as history has told us he'll probably fuck us over in January by selling a key player and then not replace him.

If there is a definite course for improvement in both the January window and next summer, I'll return.  Until then, I'm out.

You did miss Thauvin play a blinder last night though.  Home debut of a potential NUFC legend.  I had a great time.

At least you can feel good about yourself for taking a stand, but what are you achieving?  No one but you gives a shit about your feelings.

[emoji38] Fuck off.

I'll probably be staying away for the whole of the season.  One promising window isn't going to make me do a u-turn as history has told us he'll probably f*** us over in January by selling a key player and then not replace him.

If there is a definite course for improvement in both the January window and next summer, I'll return.  Until then, I'm out.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Guest Recoba

At least you can feel good about yourself for taking a stand, but what are you achieving?  No one but you gives a s*** about your feelings.

[emoji38] f*** off.

[emoji38]

People hate having their mistakes pointed out I know that.

Slim, has Santoon/Mandoon given up on the club altogether? Noticed he hasn't been on here for a long time.

Wondered why this place had a nice vibe about it the last couple of months.

http://www.raisingsheep.net/uploads/1/3/5/3/13538303/6594421.jpg?442

These lot agree with you.

Guest Recoba

At least you can feel good about yourself for taking a stand, but what are you achieving?  No one but you gives a s*** about your feelings.

Life is short mate.  Enjoy yourself while you are able to.

Yeah, why make a stand for your principles or the good of the club, that's boring. Just go have fun.

I stopped going because the club appeared to only want to exist. There was no interest in Cup competitions and the 'coaching' set up was a joke with no signs of changing.

We've now appointed (who I believe) a good Coach and has good staff around him. McClaren has made his intentions about the Cups clear and while he made a load of changes last night, it seems like he can actually win those types of games with a weakened side unlike Pardew.

The club have invested in good players. They needed too and they have.

While I wont be renewing just yet, some of the reasons I gave it up in the first place are being addressed. If it continues then I'll happily go back. I didn't give my ticket up because I cant stand Mike Ashley, I gave it up because of the way the club was being ran.

Aye, the club hasn't changed the way it's being ran at all. They were fucking shit and nearly got relegated, so we signed the bare minimum amount of players so we can achieve that cushy mid table. Next season it'll look like we're ready to "push on" and "challenge for something", and we'll sign absolutely fucking no-one, sell 1 or 2, and we'll be shit again.

Yeah, why make a stand for your principles or the good of the club, that's boring. Just go have fun.

:thup:

Why try and do something for the long term good of the club when you can see FOUR goals! RIGHT NOW. (against Northampton Town)

But FOUR! FOUUURR!

Sounds like a threat. Watch your letterbox Dr S

Sounds like a threat. Watch your letterbox Dr S

I might as well go and wire my own jaw now, get it out the way.

Aye, the club hasn't changed the way it's being ran at all. They were f***ing s*** and nearly got relegated, so we signed the bare minimum amount of players so we can achieve that cushy mid table. Next season it'll look like we're ready to "push on" and "challenge for something", and we'll sign absolutely f***ing no-one, sell 1 or 2, and we'll be s*** again.

Well it clearly has. The Cups will be taken seriously for a start (If you believe McClaren - I've got no reason not too).

The players signed are of a better quality than we've signed in the last few years. You say bare minimum yet we've got more options and a stronger bench than anytime I can remember in the last.... fuck knows how long.

We still need more, which is why I said I'll wait and see what they do in the next 6-12 months. But there's clearly been a change in mentality, in my opinion.

Aye, the club hasn't changed the way it's being ran at all. They were f***ing s*** and nearly got relegated, so we signed the bare minimum amount of players so we can achieve that cushy mid table. Next season it'll look like we're ready to "push on" and "challenge for something", and we'll sign absolutely f***ing no-one, sell 1 or 2, and we'll be s*** again.

Well it clearly has. The Cups will be taken seriously for a start (If you believe McClaren - I've got no reason not too).

The players signed are of a better quality than we've signed in the last few years. You say bare minimum yet we've got more options and a stronger bench than anytime I can remember in the last.... fuck knows how long.

We still need more, which is why I said I'll wait and see what they do in the next 6-12 months. But there's clearly been a change in mentality, in my opinion.

a) We've got about 7 years of reasons not to believe those running the club. McClaren may be new, but he knows exactly who he's working for.

b) I don't believe they're of better quality than a lot of the players we've signed and then shipped out, and our bench is not massively dissimilar to the bench during the start of last season. But we have no depth, as you say, so in a month or so time, it'll be fucking shit once again.

c) There hasn't been a change in mentality, as shown by the fact we've already stopped looking at players for this window on the basis that the squad is already full enough (of Williamsons, Obertans and Gouffrans). Nothing has changed.

Man it's not possible to say the words 'the test will be the next window' or equivalent anymore after what they've done over the years [emoji38]

However McLaren has clearly stated 3 windows to get the squad in shape afaik so, erm, January and next summer will be the real test :yao: