Sunderland

Nobody

It is when the bloke never ever speaks to the media and makes a point of keeping to himself.

The way I understood the Sky interview was more of a way to motivate the crowd (and players/staff) before a huge game, not a panic because people are being mean.

I went to that game and didn't see the interview until I got home. Worked a treat.

Rubbish. Those protests had a massive effect. The fact they garnered that much media attention tells you all you need to know.

How do you know that? Has Ashley told you?

Ashley only cares about himself, NUFC being relegated was a big concern for him - hence the summer changes.

Why would Ashley give a toss about a very small group of supporters singing and holding banners up? The sit-in after the game, the group who stood outside Nine bar before a game (forget which one) were both awful and taken up by a very small number.

The Tottenham no-show was probably the best, but was still not great.

Man, some things you just have to have the nous to be able to understand yourself. Geez.

It is when the bloke never ever speaks to the media and makes a point of keeping to himself.

The way I understood the Sky interview was more of a way to motivate the crowd (and players/staff) before a huge game, not a panic because people are being mean.

Most of the crowd didn't know about the interview until after the game.

it was a response to a Keegan interview.

And a realization by Ashley that relegation was suddenly a real prospect and that should it happen, the income from fans would be needed again in the championship- IMO.

Fat sweaty billionaires mumbling lies on TV isn't all that motivational IMO. Especially when the crowd themselves can't actually see.

SEMTEX has got this absolutely spot on. We've beat Northampton at home, had an OK transfer window (signing potential, again) and all of a sudden nothing is wrong. 

Our fans loyal watchers really do like living up to their stereotype.

who's said there's nothing wrong?

SEMTEX has got this absolutely spot on. We've beat Northampton at home, had an OK transfer window (signing potential, again) and all of a sudden nothing is wrong. 

Our fans loyal watchers really do like living up to their stereotype.

who's said there's nothing wrong?

The Mike Ashley effigies are still doused in kerosene, worry not. But I think most of us are simply enjoying the short term fruits of the SackPardew campaign which has finally taken the club in the right direction of living with a despotic regime but with some semblance of immediate sanity. It's like saying there are no issues at all in China now that the masses are buying iPhones and they no longer want democracy.

Get real, man.

Aye but you've gotta admit it's a canny night with the lads when ya beat Northy Town and Willo hits the old onion bag.

Onion sack? My olde timey reference game is poor.

Bag, mate. They used to sell onions in string bags. :( I remember buying them.

Fucken olden days, everything in B&W, thankfully we've moved on.

Anyway, sunderland. Discuss.

Ashley definitely has a knack for getting fans off his back by doing the bare minimum. When he's gone 3 years without actively selling our best players, stocking the squad so that we have quality all throughout the squad, not just the first team and are actually competitive on the pitch both in the league and cups then maybe he's taking it seriously. That's assuming he doesn't pull any other bullshit (Renaming the stadium, Joe Kinnear, Wonga, banning media who don't blow smoke up his arse).

Plenty of fans are happy for the club to continuously take the p*ss out of them, at the end of the day they just want to watch some football. That's fine, but for me that's not what football's all about.

Aye but tbf, if they didn't go to the match it'd be impossible for them to see their BEST mates and 2nd cousin once-removed. Where else can they have a quiet natter about fat uncle gaz and his latest relapse?

What about those who are happy that the club's starting to act like a football club again? are they allowed to go back?

No because you are not a proper fan if you go to games, not until it's been declared acceptable on twitter.

You're killing the club, paying for a ticket and sitting on a seat is killing the club.

Implies you don't understand the point tbh, what does it have to do with actual f***ing seats in a stadium and what doesn't it have to do with pumping money into an institution that has been wilfully neglectful of the playing squad, spiteful towards the club's fans and disinterested in success on the field. Ground should have been half empty years ago, might have seen a bit of investment or a new owner sooner.

Whether the stadium is full or empty... MA will not give a toss.

Too much money is made from TV and sponsorship deals, MA could easily offset the loss of the revenue from matchday by selling two players on high wages.

The whole "giving money is killing the club" is totally wrong and wide of the mark.

Of course he gives a toss. Gate receipts are his 2nd highest revenue source. Name me any businessman or company that would quite happily sacrifice that?

Plenty of fans are happy for the club to continuously take the p*ss out of them, at the end of the day they just want to watch some football. That's fine, but for me that's not what football's all about.

Aye but tbf, if they didn't go to the match it'd be impossible for them to see their BEST mates and 2nd cousin once-removed. Where else can they have a quiet natter about fat uncle gaz and his latest relapse?

What about those who are happy that the club's starting to act like a football club again? are they allowed to go back?

No because you are not a proper fan if you go to games, not until it's been declared acceptable on twitter.

You're killing the club, paying for a ticket and sitting on a seat is killing the club.

Implies you don't understand the point tbh, what does it have to do with actual f***ing seats in a stadium and what doesn't it have to do with pumping money into an institution that has been wilfully neglectful of the playing squad, spiteful towards the club's fans and disinterested in success on the field. Ground should have been half empty years ago, might have seen a bit of investment or a new owner sooner.

Too much money is made from TV and sponsorship deals, MA could easily offset the loss of the revenue from matchday by selling two players on high wages.

The whole "giving money is killing the club" is totally wrong and wide of the mark.

Of course he gives a toss. Gate receipts are his 2nd highest revenue source. Name me any businessman or company that would quite happily sacrifice that?

aye, that argument is nonsense. never understood it.

All other things aside it's staggering how many of our fans are so easily able to ignore the fact that the cunt has spent years pissing all over the history of the club, renaming the fucking ground man, and covering the best stadium in country in the tackiest advertising known to man.

That alone should have any self respecting supporter up in arms, never mind the rest of it, but it all passed by with little more than a whimper from within Steve Wraith's coffin.

Totally disagree about him not giving a toss about an empty stadium mind.

The reason he continues to own us is to advertise his company all over the World via the Premier League. A half empty stadium covered with Sportsdirect logos, will reflect badly on his company whichever way you look at it. That is why our match day and season tickets are among the cheapest in the league, and part of the reason for this summers transfer outlay (there was a load of season ticket holders didn't renew).

You're probably right when you say the gate money isn't as important anymore, but he certainly does give a toss about whether the stadium is full or not.

Love reading this forum and don't often post, however:-

I am 46 years old and can't remember the Joe Harvey days that well as I only went to reserve games with my dad back then. I do however remember Gordon Lee, Richard Dinnis, Bill McGarry, Liam McFaul, Jim Smith, Souness, Roeder, Sam, Pardew etc. etc. etc.

By my calculation I have enjoyed 8-10 years out of 46 and lived through 20 years of sack the board under various regimes. Keegan days were unbelievable and Bobby days were great, the rest have had zero entertainment.

I didn't want McClaren by choice however we are potentially on the cusp of something special - ENTERTAINMENT. I was less than a week old when we won the Fairs Cup and wouldn't be surprised if we never won anything in my lifetime but I only want to be entertained. I love nothing more than living in my 90 minute bubble at St James with my family, and being entertained. Last night and the Southampton game before gave me optimism that the McClaren set up is going to be fun.

We have people continually posting about not going back, people who go have sold out to Ashley, Ashley out. Well face some facts - He's going to go when he wants to go and he doesn't care about whether we are there or not. Sir John Hall made in excess of 100m out of us in the 90's. What was the difference - Entertainment. The Keegan days lined Sit John's pockets and Freddy's pocket as did the Bobby times. All these guys are after the same end goal of making money, they just have different ways of going about it. I believe the manager is key to whether we enjoy it or not and I have rated 8 years out of the past 40 odd as being well managed. I do believe we are entering a time of further entertainment and I for one are going to ride the wave.

25000 people last night were entertained. Those who have decided not to go back it's your prerogative. Take note though. If it works well the ground will fill again and you may well miss your chance. The ground will fill with 52000 glory hunters and the 'proper fans' will end up bitter and twisted and forum posting because they can't get tickets.

I am now waiting for the Sheff Wed tickets to come out to join the other 25000 fans who want enjoy themselves again and we will be in our seats for Arsenal. I haven't felt this way since Bobby left. It's great being positive again. It may be short lived but so what.

We were no different then either. If I remember rightly the crowd wasn't any bigger when we failed CL qualification against Zagreb.

Looking forward to this season and going to enjoy every minute if the promise of entertainment is borne out. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Stuff the hierarchy - support the team and let them put a smile on your face.

I'm going to enjoy it - I might as well as I might be too old or even dead by the next time!

Nice post

It might be nice, but it's missing a very important point. The prospect of ENTERTAINMENT is directly related to the protest he's disregarding. If it wasn't for SackPardew and AshleyOut it would be business as usual. That's not just guess work, btw, plenty of respected journalists have spoken about the impact of the protests on those running the club.

Protests had no effect :lol: MIKE ASHLEY DONE AN INTERVIEW LIVE ON SKY!!!

Oh that's it then. An interview on Sky. Wow.

If that is the biggest achievement of the protests, I stand by my point.

The biggest achievement of the protests was the investment in the coaching setup and the team, but you'd already made your mind up about them being ineffectual so you're attributing those things to a fear of relegation. You're also forgetting that the biggest aspect of the AO protest is the website, which is a constant source of info available to everyone.

The way you understand everything is that protest doesn't work :lol: Fucking waste of time this.

Fair enough. I can't stand anything pro Ashley after what he's done to this club so I always end up getting slightly irate when people have a go at those who at least try to bring change.

Making disparaging remarks about protest whilst waxing lyrical about the results of the protest :lol:

Rubbish. Those protests had a massive effect. The fact they garnered that much media attention tells you all you need to know.

How do you know that? Has Ashley told you?

Ashley only cares about himself, NUFC being relegated was a big concern for him - hence the summer changes.

Why would Ashley give a toss about a very small group of supporters singing and holding banners up? The sit-in after the game, the group who stood outside Nine bar before a game (forget which one) were both awful and taken up by a very small number.

The Tottenham no-show was probably the best, but was still not great.

I wasn't there, and live overseas as it happens, but I don't think you can talk about only a very small number of fans having banners if stewards at the turnstiles have been photographed with large bin bags full of confiscated ones. Especially after the club claimed that it would do nothing to stop protests beforehand.

Interesting fact from one of the inbreds:

Dick Advocaat has had 11 jobs in the last 10 years.

He failed to make a full year in 8 of them. Walking is exactly what Advocaat does.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/when-we-sign-nobody-and-dick-slings-his-hook.1124863/page-3#ixzz3k1NCGJru

He's a fucking shit manager like, always has been imo