Sunderland

Nobody

I've had some incredible holidays in the last few years with the money I've stopped spending on NUFC/football. I'll be away during the next derby, probably on a beach during the game, not caring in the slightest about something that doesn't care about me. Life's too short indeed.

I love the people that keep on telling everyone they don't care everyone. They just keep saying it all the time as they want everyone to care that they don't care anymore. :idiot2:

Aye, given up and apathetic but can't get off the nufc threads and hashtags on twitter, almost as if there saying it to convince themselves  :lol:

I love the people that keep on telling everyone they don't care everyone. They just keep saying it all the time as they want everyone to care that they don't care anymore. :idiot2:

Beats lying to yourself. They'll love you back one day. I promise. It'll be like the mid-90's again very soon.

Love reading this forum and don't often post, however:-

I am 46 years old and can't remember the Joe Harvey days that well as I only went to reserve games with my dad back then. I do however remember Gordon Lee, Richard Dinnis, Bill McGarry, Liam McFaul, Jim Smith, Souness, Roeder, Sam, Pardew etc. etc. etc.

By my calculation I have enjoyed 8-10 years out of 46 and lived through 20 years of sack the board under various regimes. Keegan days were unbelievable and Bobby days were great, the rest have had zero entertainment.

I didn't want McClaren by choice however we are potentially on the cusp of something special - ENTERTAINMENT. I was less than a week old when we won the Fairs Cup and wouldn't be surprised if we never won anything in my lifetime but I only want to be entertained. I love nothing more than living in my 90 minute bubble at St James with my family, and being entertained. Last night and the Southampton game before gave me optimism that the McClaren set up is going to be fun.

We have people continually posting about not going back, people who go have sold out to Ashley, Ashley out. Well face some facts - He's going to go when he wants to go and he doesn't care about whether we are there or not. Sir John Hall made in excess of 100m out of us in the 90's. What was the difference - Entertainment. The Keegan days lined Sit John's pockets and Freddy's pocket as did the Bobby times. All these guys are after the same end goal of making money, they just have different ways of going about it. I believe the manager is key to whether we enjoy it or not and I have rated 8 years out of the past 40 odd as being well managed. I do believe we are entering a time of further entertainment and I for one are going to ride the wave.

25000 people last night were entertained. Those who have decided not to go back it's your prerogative. Take note though. If it works well the ground will fill again and you may well miss your chance. The ground will fill with 52000 glory hunters and the 'proper fans' will end up bitter and twisted and forum posting because they can't get tickets.

I am now waiting for the Sheff Wed tickets to come out to join the other 25000 fans who want enjoy themselves again and we will be in our seats for Arsenal. I haven't felt this way since Bobby left. It's great being positive again. It may be short lived but so what.

We were no different then either. If I remember rightly the crowd wasn't any bigger when we failed CL qualification against Zagreb.

Looking forward to this season and going to enjoy every minute if the promise of entertainment is borne out. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Stuff the hierarchy - support the team and let them put a smile on your face.

I'm going to enjoy it - I might as well as I might be too old or even dead by the next time!

:(

Out of interest, were you full of this optimism (and insanity) when we drew 3-3 against Burnley in Carver's first home match, or beat Hull 3-0 away? I'm not saying that this is the same case, but it's not a million miles from it.

I'm honestly not in the mood to go all out and try and fight the full anti-Ashley battle here, but I suppose yourself, like the vast majority of our fanbase, have their own priorities being entertainment for 90 minutes on a Saturday. Personally, I couldn't give a toss if we win or lose 4-3 or 5-6 every week, what I think of is the long term benefit of the club- the overall picture for Ashley's regime. For me I just cannot bear to give him any more money, whilst sitting in a sterile, soulless atmosphere in St James' Park, surrounded by Wonga shirts and Neo-Nazi's working as stewards, and to top it off be unable to escape from Sports Direct signage. That all to me, the latter especially, screams out that nowt is changing at the club.

We have bought in some good players, but for every player we've bought, we've also let go a player- and among the exodus was Jonas and the treatment he received. The principles of the club remain. The football under Pardew was so, so, so dire that literally by us stringing more than 5 passes together becomes a major improvement in quality. I'm sure the football will be decent under McClaren, but I just don't care. I want Newcastle United back. I don't want to support Sports Direct FC.

But, each to their own. I just depends what one wants from their football club- for me, it's to represent it's traditions and honor it's history, whilst treating it's people with respect. That is not what we are.

Can see Dick leaving after this weekends game if they lose.

Especially with the end of the transfer window around the corner.

Hopefully, this year their quick fixes of loans and changing managers no Pardew every time they are in trouble will catch up with them.

Just hoyed Total Sport on and they seem to be asking for a combined Newcastle and sunderland u-21 team. What the actual fuck? That has to be the worst idea ever.

Oh, God. Now there's a mackem on. I'm gonna bang my head against the wall, that'll make more fucking sense.

Right now I don't really begrudge people wanting to go to the games. I'm far from convinced - but there has been a lot of changes, we've started the season with promise, there's new players here and the standard early season buzz.

It's the 30,000 that went to the Spurs game last season I had a serious problem with.

Took the boy on Tuesday for the first time and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Mentioned to a few on here about how he's drifting away from football and if we weren't careful he'd either not like it or just start supporting Chelsea or City or someone like that so I had to get him into Newcastle and thankfully he's now got the bug.

I walked out of Cardiff on 60 mins and hadn't even considered going back until the situation with the boy was coming to a head. I take him to the pictures, bowling, museums etc and Tuesday night was very little different tbh. Was pleased with what I saw, opposition wasn't great obviously, but it was a world away from what drove me away in 2013. I'll see how it goes for the next season or 2, odd game here or there and if he's still into it and the club is being run the way I think it should be then I'll commit and get us a ST. More for him so he can enjoy the roller-coaster but the green shoots are there imo. 

Took the boy on Tuesday for the first time and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Mentioned to a few on here about how he's drifting away from football and if we weren't careful he'd either not like it or just start supporting Chelsea or City or someone like that so I had to get him into Newcastle and thankfully he's now got the bug.

I walked out of Cardiff on 60 mins and hadn't even considered going back until the situation with the boy was coming to a head. I take him to the pictures, bowling, museums etc and Tuesday night was very little different tbh. Was pleased with what I saw, opposition wasn't great obviously, but it was a world away from what drove me away in 2013. I'll see how it goes for the next season or 2, odd game here or there and if he's still into it and the club is being run the way I think it should be then I'll commit and get us a ST. More for him so he can enjoy the roller-coaster but the green shoots are there imo. 

"City"? Man. Did you just do that? :huff:

"City"? Man. Did you just do that? :huff:

Wey it's not going to be Stoke is it? :lol:

Beats lying to yourself. They'll love you back one day. I promise. It'll be like the mid-90's again very soon.

Not a clue what your on about here. I'm sure it's a class story though.