Sunderland

Nobody

Hasn't he had one or two previous chances to enter a plea?  Yet he denied all charges?  Does this count against him?

Yes it does. If on his first appearance in the Crown Court he had pleaded guilty he would have received a third off. Since this date the amount of credit he gets for pleading guilty reduces over time. A plea on the day of trial ordinarily attracts credit of 10%.

I suspect his defence will try to say to the Jury that he is a man who has accepted the things he has done wrong. On face value it's a pretty weak strategy as the Jury will hear that he has pleaded guilty to two sexual offences against the same girl.

Cheers.  I have no idea how it all works.  I think he denied all charges when he was in Magistrates Court.  No idea how it would work at the Police station.  I've been questioned for petty offences.  But never "did you have sex with this 15 year old girl."  :buck2:

Aside from the legality of it, the fact he did it 7 weeks after his bairn was born is pretty f***ing despicable.

Yep.  His missus looks pretty hot and all, which somehow makes it worse.  Plus, if he wanted to play away.  You would have thought he'd be able to get himself some girls of legal age.

Didn't Sunderland suspend him? Then unsuspend him?

And now he has only plead guilty after several opportunities to do so, now he has been able to play as many games as possible?

It is hard to point fingers at Sunderland as we don't know what they knew. Perhaps the league needs to issue some guidance on when players should and shouldn't be suspended if accused of certain crimes?

I find it pretty shocking he's been allowed to play. I'm not just saying that because it's the mackems. If they've known he was going to plead guilty, why the f*** play him? Unless he's been lying to them all the while. Still shouldn't have been playing regardless imo.

This is what I've thought for a long time. Terrible and frightening judgement by Sunderland's management IMO.

Six in a row

Thanks to a paedo

Every 0-3 or 6-in-a-row taunt can be met with "oh, ah yeah, 0-3... Di Canio sliding on his knees, oof, bad day that. Say, didn't that convicted paedophile play for you in that match?"

From RTG - Effing hell

Haven't read the entire thread but I hope the club sack him as soon as humanly possible. It sickens me that he has played for our club and been defended by our fans when all along he knew what he had done. I'm at work now, but am resisting the urge to drive home and pull down the picture my son has on his wall of him and Johnson after the West Ham game

He'd have got away with it had he admitted fuck all. Now there's a smoking gun and he's admitted to firing but just not hit the target. Pretty straightforward in my eyes to say it went further.

Dirty noncing club.

I won't hold Sunderland responsible for Johnson's crimes nor will I judge them on what was probably a difficult decision on whether to back him or sack him.

I'm just pleased that he won't be playing the derby and stalking young lasses.

He'd have got away with it had he admitted fuck all. Now there's a smoking gun and he's admitted to firing but just not hit the target. Pretty straightforward in my eyes to say it went further.

Dirty noncing club.

I would assume that's not the case. He's not going to admit it if they don't have any evidence

I won't hold Sunderland responsible for Johnson's crimes nor will I judge them on what was probably a difficult decision on whether to back him or sack him.

I'm just pleased that he won't be playing the derby and stalking young lasses.

There is a good chance that he will not get a jail sentence though.