Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Sell Cisse and buy Bent. Pretty much cost neutral, not much in it age-wise, the manager openly wants Bent and it's probably as close to a like-for-like swap as we could get.

Staggeringly complicated.

Worse player, one and a half years older, higher wages, ridiculous £8m fee.

Was always going to have to take a wage cut to come here. Still think he's our 3rd choice target behind Remy + Gomis and that's why the talk has seemed to quieten down a bit.

He's definitely going to end up at Fulham. Jol loves him, and their new owner will push this through.

Fingers crossed.

Aye, how that'll benefit us. Wake up.

He's either a big step down from Cisse or a terrible partner for him .Wouldn't want him if I was a Fulham fan.

Anyway,fwiw (probably not much) :

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats 1h

Darren Bent is close to completing a move to NUFC, compromising at £50,000 per week, according to the Belfast Telegraph #nufc

He's definitely going to end up at Fulham. Jol loves him, and their new owner will push this through.

Fingers crossed.

Aye, how that'll benefit us. Wake up.

He's either a big step down from Cisse or a terrible partner for him .Wouldn't want him if I was a Fulham fan.

Given that the alternative is probably nothing, you're being naive, sir.

I know it's not how football works, but I don't really care what he's on at villa. He's not a 50,000 player.

No one wants him, we only do because our manager is a plank.

I think everyone knows what I think of Bent.  So needless to say I agree he's not a 50k per week player.  But he does have time left on his Villa contract and another month or so of the window left for another club to come in.  I can understand why he wouldnt agree to half his current wages at this stage.  I suppose we could wait until later in the window to try to lower his demands.  But if we want him now I dont thino we can expect much more than a 30k per week discount.  Of course my own solution would be to just leave the fucker there full stop..

I know it's not how football works, but I don't really care what he's on at villa. He's not a 50,000 player.

No one wants him, we only do because our manager is a plank.

Or because we need goals badly and he's scored them at every PL club he's been at.

It feels more like pards wants his goals in order to stay up, rather than to get us into the top 10. I think theres a different mindset between buying bent and being more ambitious with other targets. 50k a week should get us better.

I get what you're saying though.

Eh? I wouldn't have much of a problem with £50k a week. We've had far worse players than that on more. I'd say if anything it's just a little over what is fair, but as we need goals and he gets them it's probably reasonable. Surely Cisse must be on something similar?

We're the only team in for him and we're going to give him 50 grand a week. Mugs if thats the case.

What? 50K is perfectly reasonable in today's football, especially for a striker with his record.

What on Earth do you think we'd pay him? Please be realistic. My goodness.

We're the only team in for him and we're going to give him 50 grand a week. Mugs if thats the case.

What? 50K is perfectly reasonable in today's football, especially for a striker with his record.

What on Earth do you think we'd pay him? Please be realistic. My goodness.

Realistic in the way that a footballer will take a pay cut to play for nufc?