Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

He said it was ridiculous, all the blokes were like 'here we gan' when he came over. Apparently he was reaming off names of French strikers we were interested in and asking for opinions on them. Nobody had heard of the fuckers and then JFK would simply move on to the next one in hope of approval. Never felt jealousy like it before, would have killed to be present as I've just reached the point where I find the bloke comical gold. Bit of a shame it's at our club's expense...

You never know, Bent might take to that role in a similar way to Owen under Keegan. Though when we have HBA I've no idea what system that would involve.

Owen was nowt like Bent though, he was a quality Footballer for a start, despite how much most of us hate him.

You never know, Bent might take to that role in a similar way to Owen under Keegan. Though when we have HBA I've no idea what system that would involve.

Owen was nowt like Bent though, he was a quality Footballer for a start, despite how much most of us hate him.

He was then, definitely. And he was brilliant in that role Keegan manufactured for him.

Have a feeling Fulham or some other club will nick in to sign him while we are still pondering whether to hit the fax button.

Don't get my hopes up!

Pondering how to hit the fax button more like it.

Owen was a quality footballer? Not by my definition, like. Decent basics, but a poacher who is invisible outside of 10 yards isn't a quality footballer.

No mate, we're talking about Owen not Bent.  If you reckon Owen couldn't play you mustn't have watched him very closely.  He was primarily a poacher, and did spend most of his time in that role, but when he did venture out of the box he could certainly play and did so for us.  I actually remember times when people here were surprised at his quality on the ball because they'd been under the impression he was nothing but a poacher.  Bent on the other hand really doesn't have anything else to his game IMO.

We know you have it in for Bent and I have no issue with your daft hatred.

A decent footballer in my book is someone who can do a variety of things with the ball at his feet. That wasn't Michael Owen. Certainly not the one we bought.

In your opinion, you're wrong though IMO.  But just so we don't get hung up on what a "quality Footballer" actually is.  Lets just say Owen could drop out of the box, control the ball well, keep it and link up with others.  Something I'd be amazed to see Bent do.

By the way I don't have any problem with Bent.  He might be a lovely bloke, and to repeat myself for the millionth time he's a class finisher and for the right club he'd be a good buy.  But he basically offers 0 outside the area, in fact he offers zero in the area appart from finishing chances others create for him.  Do you disagree with that?

Owen had good fundamental football skills man. As do most decent L'pool graduates. But he excelled in the poacher category. That's the difference between Owen and Bent/Cisse. The latter sometimes look truly woeful with the rest of the game. Owen just didn't excel at that.

Not to mention Owen was better at the poaching stuff too like.

Guest Roger Kint

I actually thought Bent caused us a lot of problems in our home game against villa this season.

Tbf the Eastbourne zimmer-frame relay team could have caused us problems at the back last season

Given that when he moved here, Bent built himself a gigantic new house in Cambridgeshire (where he grew up, and where his family live), if I were to put money on where he'd want to go, it'd be somewhere as close as possible.

If it comes down to Fulham or your lot, I reckon he's more likely to choose Fulham in a straight choice.

I've just had the strange feeling I've already posted this.