Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

I bet with a proper/decent target man such as Gomis playing the long ball style will look a lot better, whilst still daft and stupid, it'll at least be effective a bit.

I didn't see the game against Rio Ave but it sounded like reading bits and pieces we were more effective with Shola on the pitch :lol:

So i think i agree with this, its never going to be pretty with this moron in charge but if we can get a forward to hold the ball up and bring others into play we might be more effective at least  :undecided:

If he played for him there for Charlton, was that not during a time they got relegated? He moved to spurs that summer I remember, so that tactic obviously worked a treat Pardew.

Fuck this shit. So sick of this now. Barely a single positive thing coming out of the club any more and if there is it gets shit on fairly quickly by some kinnear/ashley related crap.

Everyone yammers on like playing it long is the worst thing in the world.

It worked ok with Leon up front!

We played plenty of long ball with Shearer and Bellamy upfront as well.

Tbh i agree and it could be argued that Remy and Gomis might work better as a partnership than Ba and Best did.

Guest bimpy474

A long pass is fine, an aimless hoof is not. Mixing it up is good imo. Just Pardew's is aimless launches toward players completely unsuited to them. Whereas Shearer would make something of them, as they were played to him, not whacked in his general direction.

We played mostly on the front foot with Shearer and Bellamy, that's my biggest problem with Pardew.

Completely agree.

A long pass is fine, an aimless hoof is not. Mixing it up is good imo. Just Pardew's is aimless launches toward players completely unsuited to them. Whereas Shearer would make something of them, as they were played to him, not whacked in his general direction.

This is the thing IMO even if we stick with Pardew's crap, someone like Gomis would probably make something of it.

He may not be better than Ba or Cisse but he would probably suit Pardew a lot more.

Guest bimpy474

We played mostly on the front foot with Shearer and Bellamy, that's my biggest problem with Pardew.

Completely agree.

This is the thing IMO even if we stick with Pardew's crap, someone like Gomis would probably make something of it.

He may not be better than Ba or Cisse but he would probably suit Pardew a lot more.

True, but i dont suppose Lyon just blootered it up to him, he must be able to play too. Might be better like you say, only extends the time we have to put up with Pardew though  :undecided:

Have a feeling Fulham or some other club will nick in to sign him while we are still pondering whether to hit the fax button.

Now I have visions of Kinnear standing in a room looking at this fax machine thing working out what the fuck it is, Pardew occasionally popping his head round the corner "bid gone in yet Joe?" "Yeah Elaine, no worries you caaahnt" then panicking and desperately smashing buttons as Pardew leaves.

Suspicion we plan to get him at a reduced price on deadline day

If we sign Gomis I can see that happening. Hang on for as long as possible until they accept a cut-down price.

Uninteresting yet true story. Mate of mine has a son in the Academy's U14 team. He watched a game of his son's the other day in which Joe Kinnear was present. JFK introduced himself to the parents and started asking all the dads what they thought of Darren Bent. Mate stated that he thought it might backfire if he doesn't score for a while due to mackem link to which JFK responded, 'that's what I facking said!'

Said the bloke came across canny enough but generally that he didn't have the foggiest (as we all know).

As I say absolutely nowt new or earth shattering, but there you go!

Uninteresting yet true story. Mate of mine has a son in the Academy's U14 team. He watched a game of his son's the other day in which Joe Kinnear was present. JFK introduced himself to the parents and started asking all the dads what they thought of Darren Bent. Mate stated that he thought it might backfire if he doesn't score for a while due to mackem link to which JFK responded, 'that's what I facking said!'

Said the bloke came across canny enough but generally that he didn't have the foggiest (as we all know).

As I say absolutely nowt new or earth shattering, but there you go!

:lol: