Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

£2m we bid really????

nothing to do with Luke Edwards (sore ass i got banned from st james) stirring up s*** as usual?

They're all reporting it, not just him. And by all accounts we didn't even bid.

The source must had come quite close from Edwards ass to begin with I can guess.

£2m we bid really????

nothing to do with Luke Edwards (sore ass i got banned from st james) stirring up s*** as usual?

The source must had come quite close from Edwards ass to begin with I can guess.

Would it change your opinion to know that George Caulkin reported it first?

What have they done to Bent exactly, drop him and not give him a game because he doesn't fit into their plans? What's wrong with that or am I missing something?

sent him off to train with the kids

For no reason? What's Brummie's take on it all?

Beyond me how people can still pour scorn on negative newspaper stories about NUFC. I made the same mistake for a long time when Keegan was here. I've since learned the hard way that it's nearly always true.

Guest bimpy474

What have they done to Bent exactly, drop him and not give him a game because he doesn't fit into their plans? What's wrong with that or am I missing something?

He has said on this thread quite a few pages ago, give me a sec.

Newcastle, however, were hoping to sign Bent for less than the £4m bid that Fulham have already had rejected in one of two offers submitted by the west London club.

Genius. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Pages 3 and 4 of this thread Col you'll see what i mean. ;)

The image of Joe fucking Kinnear sitting in a Villa boardroom saying something along the lines of: "Look lads, we are very interested in Derrick Bent, but we don't really value him at more than two million. We will not be making an offer at this time, because there's plenty of time left in the window, but keep us in the loop until deadline day so we can try and trash out a deal then. 'kay, thanks!"

Ashley's penny pinching combined with Kinnear's negotiation skills, we're onto a winner here lads!

:facepalm:

£2m we bid really????

Would it change your opinion to know that George Caulkin reported it first?

No, theyre both mates, I know who caulkin been speaking to.

Cheers Bimpy. Not sure what to make of that, guess he is ruthless like Brummie says, he did give him a chance though it seems. Suppose he is doing what he thinks is right for the club, can't argue with him so far.

Guest bimpy474

Cheers Bimpy. Not sure what to make of that, guess he is ruthless like Brummie says, he did give him a chance though it seems. Suppose he is doing what he thinks is right for the club, can't argue with him so far.

I think he doing a great job, signing good young players, playing football far better than ours. I just think he's treatment of Bent is a bit off.

With Bent obviously wanted keenly by Pardew, it turns out to be a deal easy for JFK to sabotage and almost humiliatingly so.

Still nothing yet worthy of any trust in Kinnear and Ashley whatsoever so far in this window .

I think he doing a great job, signing good young players, playing football far better than ours. I just think he's treatment of Bent is a bit off.

:thup: Can see why.

Guest bimpy474

Loads of managers freeze out players like that, never understood it all. Comes across as childish and unprofessional.

It is when managers constantly talk about players needing to show loyalty and honour their contracts if a bid comes in. Yet when the manager wants rid as he feels his team has outgrown a certain player, managers like Lambert resort to those kind of tactics.

Actually this is something that can't be aimed at Pardew, he doesn't treat players in that fashion and is very good in that respect.

Guest Phil K

Villa unbending on the 6mill, Bent not wanting to take a drop in wages, was ALWAYS going to happen, this. Fulham won't pay 80k and I doubt any other team would.

My guess if he goes it'll be on the last day, and Villa will be asking for a more reasonable amount then. Whether Bent and his agent will is another matter

Villa unbending on the 6mill, Bent not wanting to take a drop in wages, was ALWAYS going to happen, this. Fulham won't pay 80k and I doubt any other team would.

No but they are prepared to pay £60kpw, which is an incredible offer from bent's perspective. He can retire in London, it's all good for him.

Guest Phil K

No but they are prepared to pay £60kpw, which is an incredible offer from bent's perspective. He can retire in London, it's all good for him.

Ah right - I heard they'd go nowhere near. 60k IS near enough.

:lol:

This window is going well.

I'm not bothered about Bent tbh, but we need to sort our negotiations out, does he really expect to be able to pick up constant bargains? Although that's moot anyway, as I don't think he gives a shit if we get anyone in this summer.

I'd stretch to £40k max for a player who sat out a good portion of last season and who has been training with the youth set up all pre season. I'd offer incentives for goals reached but £60k is way out. Think Fulham would be making a mistake but then he could link up quite well with Berbatov.