Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Do we even have one? Seems the usual scattergun approach to me.

I think aubameyang was our first choice, but we weren't his.

Remy & Gomis are our top targets now, it's pretty clear from the noise made around them this is the case.

You say scattergun approach, someone the other day reckons we haven't got more than this and if we fail here that's it. Personally think we've got a list and if these two fail we will have one or two other targets in mind, probably of lesser quality, not in a contract wrangle or less interested in coming here.

It's a hard one to win on, either not having enough targets or having a scattergun approach.

The perfectly reasonable truth is that its somewhere in the middle, not as interesting viewpoint though.

Guest Phil K

No chance of him going to Liverpool after that list they produced. So we can rule that rival out at least.

Not really any rivals he's not exactly high in demand.

HE seems to think he is, hence unbending on wage demands

You and Stifler.

I see what you mean now (thought i missed a conversation) totally confused. Again though I think you are wrong, its not scattergun in terms of priority, Bent was a backup plan should Cisse go, at one point it looked pretty nailed on for most that he was off so Bent became priority. I totally see and agree with their entire approach over bent in regards to Cisse's situation, hopefully we get our two main target in and then we've played a blinder imo.

Guest reefatoon

£2m, unbelievable. What a tight b****** of an owner we have, sickening.  A lot of problems could be solved today, if t*** face Ashley's helicopter and that chirpy faced Jim Whites 92 live chopper were to have a head on collision.  I might actually enjoy transfer deadline day then.

£2m, unbelievable. What a tight bastard of an owner we have, sickening.  A lot of problems could be solved today if Twat face Ashley's helicopter and that chirpy faced Jim Whites 92 live chopper were to have head on collision.  I might actually enjoy transfer deadline day then.

Like.

£2m, unbelievable. What a tight bastard of an owner we have, sickening.  A lot of problems could be solved today if Twat face Ashley's helicopter and that chirpy faced Jim Whites 92 live chopper were to have head on collision.  I might actually enjoy transfer deadline day then.

Like.

You both need help if that's the case.

If we sign gomis and Remy I'lll be happy to have missed him but if we fail will be stupid

As Toon's Taylor has said, it doesn't seem beyond the realms that Bent was our plan if Cisse went. We still like him, and might put in a nominal bid, but he is not a priority any more.

Like.

You thinking sabotage?

If we sign gomis and Remy I'lll be happy to have missed him but if we fail will be stupid

As Toon's Taylor has said, it doesn't seem beyond the realms that Bent was our plan if Cisse went. We still like him, and might put in a nominal bid, but he is not a priority any more.

:lol: If we were only going to spend £2mil on him, he was never even going to replace Cisse. Or if Cisse went was he then worth more?

Guest hobshobs

As much as I don't want him here it's pretty s*** from our board. He is clearly our top target and possibly only target yet they are not prepared to even try to bring him in. You don't get someone like Bent for £2m.

Bent is pretty much viewed as Shola is by any football club that is run with any degree of professionalism. They are not wanted. Been little or no interest in Bent and Shola is available but again no interest. Why? Because they are both a complete waste of space. Everyone can see it except Alan Pardew and the cheap option hunters at NUFC.

Dummett and Sammy played well at St. Mirren (yes the mighty St. Mirren). Keep it up says Alan Pardew and you could both be in line for Manchester City away. You honestly couldn't make this stuff up.

Like.

You thinking sabotage?

:lol: I am now.

:lol: If we were only going to spend £2mil on him, he was never even going to replace Cisse. Or if Cisse went was he then worth more?

Yes, if Cisse was still refusing to play we'd be in at a higher fee, if Cisse was set to leave even higher again.

Yes, if Cisse was still refusing to play we'd be in at a higher fee, if Cisse was set to leave even higher again.

So we don't have a value set for players then? And the line in the Journal 'after it emerged the club were only willing to pay £2m', only applied to Cisse staying?

Yeah, I think if Cisse looked like going we'd up Bents trousers faster than a ferret up a drainpipe.

Now, after dangling him on a string for weeks, we met his representatives almost as a matter of courtesy rather than any real attempt to push through a deal.

But fuck it, if they accept, bonus! :lol:

So we don't have a value set for players then? And the line in the Journal 'after it emerged the club were only willing to pay £2m', only applied to Cisse staying?

Do we need bent Now Cisse is staying? Would we need bent if Cisse left? Our situation effects our valuation on players, if it didnt we are doing something wrong, it shows inflexibility. Now had this been the other way round, being desperate and not showing flexibility in pricing then I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem understanding or accepting it as the club would be doing the wrong thing.

Do we need bent Now Cisse is staying? Would we need bent if Cisse left? Our situation effects our valuation on players, if it didnt we are doing something wrong, it shows inflexibility. Now had this been the other way round, being desperate and not showing flexibility in pricing then I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem understanding or accepting it as the club would be doing the wrong thing.

So it's just a guess based on nothing, then? According to past chatter, Bent was coming to partner Cisse. We just forgetting that?

So it's just a guess based on nothing, then? According to past chatter, Bent was coming to partner Cisse. We just forgetting that?

It's my opinion yes, which is reasoned and based on what has happened and what we are hearing. If you want to put your own forward based on the same information and call it fact please feel free to do so, but you'd rather pick holes at others from your ivory tower wouldn't you?

Is alright for you to base your opinion on past chatter but not for me to base it on actual bids and things that have happened, ie Cisse staying. Fuck off.

It's my opinion yes, which is reasoned and based on what has happened and what we are hearing. If you want to put your own forward based on the same information and call it fact please feel free to do so, but you'd rather pick holes at others from your ivory tower wouldn't you?

I will. We're pathetic. The Bent idea was obviously laughable from the offset and if Cisse had gone we'd still have not got Bent. Not that I ever wanted him. This club is being run on the wind.