Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Guest Forty Five

Haven't seen any proof, but a Fulham fan I know reckons Bent looked a little overweight at the press conference.

Can remember a Spurs supporter on here complaining about Bent and in particular his inability to play with Berbatov.

Kingdawson i think it was.

Not sure they ever played together at Spurs. Think Berbatov had left by then.

Think it was Keane he said couldn't play with Bent.

Can remember a Spurs supporter on here complaining about Bent and in particular his inability to play with Berbatov.

nope bent played a season with Berbatov

nope bent played a season with Berbatov

Ah, right. Don't remember seeing much of them together.

Stylistically I would imagine it being a really good partnership, as Berbatov likes to drop off and get involved in play, and can also provide a nice through ball. While Bent will stay ont he shoulder and look to finish.

Guess we'll see how it pans out. Definitely keeping a close eye on them both for my fantasy team now.

IIRC Bent plays outside the box a bit more than people seem to think. I can remember him picking up the ball quite deep at times, and in quite wide positions. Maybe I'm talking bollocks like, been a while since I watched him properly.

Maybe your thinking of Marcus Bent  :D. Nah I think your right it in his younger days I'm sure he used to play a bit deeper, I'm sure pardew played him fairly withdrawn at Charlton

Guest hobshobs

From the 'Scottish Mags' website:

16th August 2013 - Something To Celebrate At Last

Darren Bent has signed for Fulham on a season long loan deal. The Evening Chronicle are reporting that his move to Craven Cottage was delayed yesterday morning after Newcastle continued discussions with the players representatives. The Shields Gazette report that Newcastle made an 11th hour bid to hijack the move.

Alan Pardew: "He was close in terms of the deal but Darren has decided to go elsewhere. I wish him all the best."

Comment: Newcastle United should be chasing far better quality strikers than Darren Bent. The fact that Alan Pardew had publicly stated on more than one occasion that the player was on his wish list gave many cause for concern. The fact that Joe Kinnear was prepared to back that judgement gave even more cause for concern. The majority of the Newcastle support are not bothered in the slightest that Darren Bent has gone to Fulham. Indeed, it would be fair to say that the vast majority are delighted. Anything positive that can be taken from an attempt to sign Darren Bent? A better option than Shola Ameobi is likely the best anyone could come up with.

Guest hobshobs

:lol: f***ing daft c***s.  Honestly, not a brain cell.

Good command of the English language. Who's not got a brain cell?

Guest hobshobs

'Scottish Mags'.

Erotic consequences coupled with Big Geordie in every post. Gotta be questions asked there mate!

We can get better players to fit in our squad than Bent and Downing, but both would have been upgrades to the squad which is thread bare.

We can only reserve judgement until the window closes. However, clearly the people in charge are giving the impression they have run out of ideas and  don't have other options that are better. Could we get better than the above players?.. yes.. will we? Doesn't look good..This is the worry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/10253461/Darren-Bent-I-was-kicked-out-of-Aston-Villa-but-Fulham-deal-can-help-me-get-in-England-World-Cup-squad.html

“It’s been a long, long summer,” said Bent, who moved to Villa from Sunderland for a club record £18 million in January 2011. “There’s been a lot of speculation about where I was going to go and where I was going to play my football, but it was Fulham who did the most work in getting me to the club and that’s why I’m their player.