The other games today - 2013/14

JH

The lack of the killer pass aside, that was a great half from us.

We're realistic, we know at full flow Arsenal are obviously better than us - they're one of the best in the world on form - but how can you limit them playing well? Don't let them have the ball. That, admittedly, leaves us open to the counter, but that's where the realism comes in, you have to accept they're going to create some sort of openings during the course of 90 minutes. I'd rather do it that way as you've always got a better chance of scoring with the ball than just sitting in and hoping they don't score.

Regardless of the outcome of the 2nd half, I really like where we're going. If we can combine trying to control the passing against the better teams, with incisiveness vs poorer sides, then we could go very far this year.

We're realistic, we know at full flow Arsenal are obviously better than us - they're one of the best in the world on form - but how can you limit them playing well? Don't let them have the ball. That, admittedly, leaves us open to the counter, but that's where the realism comes in, you have to accept they're going to create some sort of openings during the course of 90 minutes. I'd rather do it that way as you've always got a better chance of scoring with the ball than just sitting in and hoping they don't score.

Regardless of the outcome of the 2nd half, I really like where we're going. If we can combine trying to control the passing against the better teams, with incisiveness vs poorer sides, then we could go very far this year.

FT. Arsenal 5-0 Everton.

Only joking :laugh:

FT. Arsenal 5-0 Everton.

Only joking :laugh:

Least it won't be 7 this time.

Everton outplaying them for 40min...My god..

Yet not a single save from Chesney.... the wankfest over possession is starting to bore me.

Game is about scoring goals and Arsenal did more to try to achieve that in 5 mins than Everton did in 40.

Everton is playing to contain Arsenal, first and foremost. They'll be more than satisfied with a draw.

I do think arsenal will turn it on in the second half, they had much less possession/passes etc, but they still looked the more likely of the two teams imo

They did, as they're fucking class when they turn it on.

We'll need to score to get something IMO.

Everton outplaying them for 40min...My god..

Yet not a single save from Chesney.... the wankfest over possession is starting to bore me.

Game is about scoring goals and Arsenal did more to try to achieve that in 5 mins than Everton did in 40.

+ fucking 1. Arsenal have been the better team so far

Crazy that Distin never got capped at least once, in a time Boumsong was capped over 20 times.

5 years ago Everton bought a 32 year old Distin for 5m. He's still a mainstay in their backline 5 years on.

Crazy that Distin never got capped at least once, in a time Boumsong was capped over 20 times.

Is Guadeloupe an official member of FIFA? The French players with that heritage could combine forces to create a quite formidable side of French rejects, with Distin included.

CONCACAF powerhouse.

5 years ago Everton bought a 32 year old Distin for 5m. He's still a mainstay in their backline 5 years on.

But he's only 35 now. :dontknow:

36 in a week.  :razz:

Still doesn't make sense

Ah. :lol:

Still doesn't make sense

He signed in August '09, as a 31-year old. Before turning 32 that December. This is his 5th season for them.