The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Jagielka is the best English centre-back out there currently too. At the top of his game.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mike-williamson-360.png

I wouldn't be averse to an Iron Mike Jagielka CB pairing in Brazil.

Will Barkley stay or be your next Rooney though? Hopefully the former.

We all know the world we're in. You can never assume a Chelsea or Man City won't throw loads of money at us for him and he could have his headed turned. Who knows? What I do know is if he stays with us over the coming years he is going to develop into one brilliant player. I, obviously, think he should develop with us. Martinez has made a point to protect him at times too which is encouraging to see (rested him a couple of games in a row a month or 2 back). Fwiw, he seems a level-headed bloke who is just enjoying playing for us. Then again, Rooney was once a blue, always a blue.

We'll see. All I'm bothered about right now is the fact we're going into very tough games believing we can win them and that's reflected in how we play. Might be harsh to say but I definitely think we can play even better - plenty of times today we breezed past Arsenal's midfield but made the wrong choice/ball wasn't good enough. It's good to be ambitious. Aim to keep pace with the top sides and if we don't, fair enough. We've shown we can more than match the top teams.

No offence Neil, but I don't really see you as our rivals ;)