The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Manuel Pellegrini on whether he was tempted to bring on Sergio Aguero: "I was tempted if we scored the fourth goal, that is why I sent him to warm-up.

"But I think it was a risk to continue with David Silva, he could not play more than 70 minutes. It was important to be top of group but not the most important thing. We scored two goals and Silva had to come off after 70 minutes."

Don't think Pellegrini realised Man City needed 4 NOT 5 to top group

Manuel Pellegrini on whether he was tempted to bring on Sergio Aguero: "I was tempted if we scored the fourth goal, that is why I sent him to warm-up.

"But I think it was a risk to continue with David Silva, he could not play more than 70 minutes. It was important to be top of group but not the most important thing. We scored two goals and Silva had to come off after 70 minutes."

Don't think Pellegrini realised Man City needed 4 NOT 5 to top group

He clearly didn't :lol:

Swedish commentators kept saying they needed to win 5-2 as well, which I thought was strange, but went along with it thinking that maybe goal difference took advantage over away goals in head to head.

Just seen there was snow in Istanbul which called the game off, utterly mental.

Was a proper hail storm like, if you were watching it live, it seemed like a very sensible decision. Was absolutely pissing down, the pitch was completely covered in less than ten minutes and it showed no signs of stopping.

Unsure why Juve can look so imperious in Serie A yet struggle so much in the CL against teams they should be beating. Same happened last year IIRC.

Its quite simple really....  they have two glaring weaknesses which are massive at CL level.

1. Outside of Pirlo they have zero creativity what so ever.

2. Their wide threat is f*cking Asamoah and Lichtsteiner.

Especially the 2nd point you just can't get away with that at CL level.... Every challenger has quality players out wide and Juve don't come close to matching that quality in those positions.

If they want to be a threat at CL level they will upgrade those two wide positions oh and 352 doesn't work without Pirlo.

Serie A by comparison while i love watching it a lot of the teams are narrow and slow paced its one of the reasons until recently Napoli got away with playing wingbacks at fullback and crap CBs.

Its Juventus ffs not Maccabi Tel Aviv.

I meant that you know very much in general :) Nothing negative (just a lot of knowledge) about it so smile mate :)

http://andresvasquez.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/sheldon.gif%3Fw%3D600

Guest VanBarduck

Conte will shift to a more conventional 4-3-3 formation after the winter break. They'll need wingers tho, Menez, Di Maria and Griezmann are targeted.