The other games today - 2013/14

JH

2-1 Belarus, get in! Lloris with a howler.

Surely it's in our best interest that France makes the World Cup?

If France loses today the second place in the group will be decided in the last game, France-Finland.

Pardon my selfish pipe dreams. :lol:

Since signing for us our French internationals are not doing very well. MYM not considered at all, Debuchy dropped for Sagna, Cabaye left out for being a twat, and Sissoko dropped tonight. The moral, don't go and sign for a crap team with a dinosaur of a manager.

Guest pete in thanet

And as a result of not playing them all is that they are winning.

Nope

Perhaps the French National Management structure needs looking at also

HBA will go to the World Cup if France qualify.

So will Cabaye, Sissoko and Debuchy.

Mapou will also.

Why? So they're in the shop window.

I couldn't give a toss about France and they seem to be full of odious individuals therefore it's funny if they fuck up during qualifying.

EDIT: winning now anyway.

I couldn't give a toss about France and they seem to be full of odious individuals therefore it's funny if they fuck up during qualifying.

Like LoveItIfWeBeatYou said, keeps them motivated to get in the WC squad. It shouldn't be needed, but you know that it will be.

Like LoveItIfWeBeatYou said, keeps them motivated to get in the WC squad. It shouldn't be needed, but you know that it will be.

Fair enough I guess, it's a sorry POV like (albeit probably true in at least 1 case).

Think it was said on a podcast they mightn't be seeded for the playoffs anyway.

Would be fairly amazing if Iceland managed to qualify tbh. Hope they do.

What ahead of Norway :lol:

We've only a theoretical chance after today. And even if we win both next matches and end up second ahead of Iceland we'll probably have the lowest points of 2nd placed teams.

Naturally, should the opportunity for some extraordinary reason arise that we may actually still sneak in, then by all means Iceland can fuck off. :lol:

Gylfi Sig is boss. AVB has no reason not to play him now. Played as a box-to-box midfielder today and was amazing both attacking and defensively. If we beat Cyprus at home next month we're all but in there to the play-offs. Lol.

I also just took a glance at the Norwegian team sheet. Dearie me... has to be one of the worst Norwegian sides in the last decades surely?