The other games today - 2013/14

JH

So Ronaldinho who won the World Cup, Champions League and Copa Libertadores and was named the best player in the world twice is in the same bracket as Zlatan?

Rivaldo as well?

Get the fuck out of here :lol:

Zlatan is in the bracket of the excellent players we've had in this game, such as Laudrup, Hugo Sanchez, Eusebio, but he's not in the top echelon with Messi, Pele, Garrincha or Maradona or even in the next with Cruyff, Zidane, Ronaldo, CRonaldo, Zico.

Probably already mentioned but I see the mighty Belgium lost back-to-back games to Colombia and Japan.

I like how it has become cool to hate on Belgium now :lol:

Has it? I was just making a dick-ish comment. :lol:

Think it's fair to say people got carried away simply because it's a new team. Still, get it together and they'll be a major force next summer, hope they live up to their potential. Maybe Euro 2016 will be their real hour?

A more under appreciated player would be Totti. Who a lot of people would have behind Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and probably Zlatan too.

Well, yeah, because he was never as good as that lot during their prime.

I prefer Totti to Rivaldo certainly, but it's difficult to compare them well as they played such different roles.  230 goals in 543 games is good for the role he plays.  And he's still doing it this season. I rate totti extremely highly. Someone who will dictate a game, which sets the very best players apart IMO

Totti about Rivaldo? The same Rivaldo who was the best player in a Brazilian side that won the World Cup and who was voted best player in the world at one occasion? Totti and Del Piero were both excellent excellent footballers, footballers I've grown up with and loved to watch, but Rivaldo was a step above, won't say a whole level if you understand what I mean, but he was a better player and won everything you can win as a player in Europe.

Probably already mentioned but I see the mighty Belgium lost back-to-back games to Colombia and Japan.

Two of the most hipsterish fixtures in world football, Dortmund v Napoli in the CL notwithstanding.

Delighted that Japan won, I was on the bandwagon early. :yeah:

I like how it has become cool to hate on Belgium now :lol:

Has it? I was just making a dick-ish comment. :lol:

Think it's fair to say people got carried away simply because it's a new team. Still, get it together and they'll be a major force next summer, hope they live up to their potential. Maybe Euro 2016 will be their real hour?

Forecasting the performance/achievements of national sides based on personnel seems a bit outdated to me. It's about teams and how well players interact together.

Look at France (and to a lesser extent) England. They have enough good players to be dominant forces in football, but barely manage to look more convincing than your Russias/Swedens/Uruguays etc (if at all).

Seen nothing as yet to suggest that Belgium can threaten Germany/Spain in terms of dominance. They're a threat for traditionally bigger teams in one-off ties by virtue of the calibre of their players, but in terms of over a tournament they're as unproven as they've ever been IMO.

Spot on, particularly the last bit.

Belgium aren't near Holland or Italy nevermind Spain or Germany.

People just get carried away because its quite random that a smaller or less fancied nation have a good generation of players and its exaggerated as they're all playing for English clubs and are given PL hype. Conversely teams like Colombia and Chile will be underrated because their players play in South America, Serie A, Portugal etc rather than in the British public eye.

I hope they do well because with a country like them generations come and go, I'm still annoyed Czech Republic didn't win Euro 2004.

Chile have been excellent (IMO) for years. Fiery tempers cost/close to costing them nearly everytime I see them play though. One of the most pleasing international football teams on the eye though, for sure.

If you were the Belgian FA, you'd break the bank for a world-class coach instead of Marc Wilmots :lol:. This generation of players has some real talent, and if they can be shaped into a team they could live up to the hype which they probably don't justify atm

They created an insane amount of chances at the last World Cup I seem to remember (Chile), only to squander loads of them. Great side to watch.

Was Humberto whatshisface not injured n all?

Chile are the best international team to watch IMO. A bit like Netherlands, if they're on song they create boatloads of chances and if not they struggle to defend coherently.

Chile are really talented and can hang with most teams.... problem is they have an uncanny ability to self destruct and that will show in the end.

As for Belgium i have spoke about their weaknesses at lengths before and i stand by it they won't go anywhere near as far as people think.

In my opinion of course.

So... we played and lost a friendly against South Africa 1-0

During the game, Valdés was injuried (out for 6 weeks, yay) and we made a sub over the limit to bring Reina in, after consulting with the FIFA delegate.

Now, because of this FIFA has voided the game, meaning that we won't lose FIFA ranking points, and SA won't earn them. So effectively they have favoured the "transgressor".

FIFA :lol:

So... we played and lost a friendly against South Africa 1-0

During the game, Valdés was injuried (out for 6 weeks, yay) and we made a sub over the limit to bring Reina in, after consulting with the FIFA delegate.

Now, because of this FIFA has voided the game, meaning that we won't lose FIFA ranking points, and SA won't earn them. So effectively they have favoured the "transgressor".

FIFA :lol:

That is unbelievable. :lol: They're such mugs.