The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Jol may finally be axed I guess. I thought he'd last until the new years but losing to fat sam allardyce may be the last straw.

Anyone who hands 3 points to that fat bastard deserves to be sacked, if not executed.

Realized now I typed fat sam instead of big sam. Still, if the shoe fits :lol:

I don't like Martinez much as a person but I'm pleased he's finally silenced the 'was shit' crowd. Good manager and plays the game the right way.

Completely agree. Found it baffling that some on here preferred Pardew.

I don't like Martinez much as a person but I'm pleased he's finally silenced the 'was shit' crowd. Good manager and plays the game the right way.

Completely agree. Found it baffling that some on here preferred Pardew.

Agree

Jol may finally be axed I guess. I thought he'd last until the new years but losing to fat sam allardyce may be the last straw.

Anyone who hands 3 points to that fat bastard deserves to be sacked, if not executed.

Should be a macro on all computers to change "Big Sam" to "Fat Sam"

Big Fat Sam ftw tbh.

I liked Martinez a lot but there was (and still is at times) a question over his defenses, and over his handling of the McNamara tackle, again with that Mirallas tackle, wonder if he allows his players to do that by defending them no matter what.

I liked Martinez a lot but there was (and still is at times) a question over his defenses, and over his handling of the McNamara tackle, again with that Mirallas tackle, wonder if he allows his players to do that by defending them no matter what.

:lol:

Who the fuck is McNamara?

:lol:

Who the fuck is McNamara?

Presumably that McNamanammam kid. :lol:

Cant be arsed to find the thread but a 'Sportsvibe' story about Gomis going to Wham just popped up on our Newsnow feed.

Yeah saw that same article on metro earlier. Lyon wanting 7m while West Ham prepared to pay 5m.

I know I may get jumped up on this, and I'm not denying that Bale is great, and that Ronaldo and Messi aren't either, they're all fantastic, but the Spanish league is a bit poor and as such the insane focus on goal scored stats to justify how good players are makes a mockery of it. I feel sorry for the absolutely insanely good midfielders and defenders (and goalies) throughout the leagues who never in a hope of hell get a chance of being considered as good as Ronaldo etc because of this obsession with goal statistics. Lahm etc should easily be in with a shout for the Ballon D'or. Or even for great strikers in countries where teams at the bottom bother defending.

Good reasons I guess why not, everyone remembers the great goals and not the patient build up play but it frustrates me a bit. Also I am aware that La Liga has some great teams that aren't barca or real madrid, and there's plenty of entertainment to be had, but the league needs to get it's finances in order and for it to be a good 'top' league it needs more competitiveness. (as does bundesliga atm for all the hype, this is tougher to find why mind, not quite as inequal iirc).

La Liga definitely lost a lot of talent outside the usual big guys.... Sevilla losing Negredo and Navas etc etc so its even more top heavy league than it already was.

So some truth to what you are saying, i think Bale has more assists in first 10 or so games than he did in 5 years at Spurs :lol:

La Liga and BL are the same in that regard, all the talent at 2 or 3 teams.... why i watch PL and Serie A more these days the talent is more evenly spread through out the league.

I know I may get jumped up on this, and I'm not denying that Bale is great, and that Ronaldo and Messi aren't either, they're all fantastic, but the Spanish league is a bit poor and as such the insane focus on goal scored stats to justify how good players are makes a mockery of it. I feel sorry for the absolutely insanely good midfielders and defenders (and goalies) throughout the leagues who never in a hope of hell get a chance of being considered as good as Ronaldo etc because of this obsession with goal statistics. Lahm etc should easily be in with a shout for the Ballon D'or. Or even for great strikers in countries where teams at the bottom bother defending.

Ronaldo and Messi are two freaks of nature and it's not as if their goal tallies are what you would expect, they're so far ahead of everybody else over the last few years it is insane. That's why the amount of goals gets lauded and so it should as well.