The other games today - 2013/14

JH

This is the reason why I was so p*ssed off at the lack of investment in the summer. Not that we'd be in for the title or top four or owt, but Ferguson going was always likely to be the biggest single event in the history of the Premier League. It was always going to signal a sea change and open the league up. Suddenly loads of teams look like they could do something, and the sheer domination of the usual clubs is in serious doubt for the first time in the last 10 years.

And we did virtually nothing to try and capitalise on this. Infuriating.

Tbf, I doubt anyone was looking up at the top of the league after the way last season ended. Any movement would have been with the intention of staying up and consolidating a midtable standing. It's still rubbish that certain needs weren't addressed though.

I believe the season ending top four will be exactly the four holding those positions currently. The order will change quite a bit, imo, but I see none of the other sixteen sides challenging for the CL.

Goal difference is always an interesting indicator of how dominant teams are irrespective of their position. Liverpool's is second only to Man City, which is really impressive considering their ridiculous home form. FWIW we finished 5th with only +5, which shows just how narrow most of our margins of victory were.

Goal difference is always an interesting indicator of how dominant teams are irrespective of their position. Liverpool's is second only to Man City, which is really impressive considering their ridiculous home form. FWIW we finished 5th with only +5, which shows just how narrow most of our margins of victory were.

Coupled with a few hammerings that we got, e.g. Fulham and Wigan away off the top of my head.

Not one of Spurs signings this summer has looked worth a lick so far.

They had a ton of dough, did some major investing, but seemingly f***ed up royally.

They also lost their best player by some distance..

Man they should have made sure to get at least a couple of impact players for that money they spent.

It's looking like it was a disastrous summer of shopping, they went to all the wrong stores.

Coupled with a few hammerings that we got, e.g. Fulham and Wigan away off the top of my head.

5 at Spurs, n'all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I wonder if Andy Coles record 34 goal haul in the PL, will be under threat from Suarez here. Bound to be if he keeps on like this (16 goals in 11 games)

He has to play Norwich again so aye - probably!

Ok f*** happened at WHL? Was out eating lunch, came back to see this. Jesus. Were Liverpool that dominant?

AVB trying to be clever...Blob fish played it simple. Suarez, Henderson and Stirling raped spurs.