The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Table going into Christmas is unbelievable. So tight at the top which is great. On the flip side there are more horrendous sides in the league than usual this season IMO

This is a great season tbh. I can't remember there were so many teams who were so evenly balanced relatively. Usually you have 1 or 2 who are clearly way better than 2 or 3 others who are miles ahead of the rest, and so on. This year there are loads competing quite equally for a number of spaces. I think the only team who you'd fully expect not to slip outside the top 4 are Man City. The rest, to varying degrees, are not guaranteed top 4 at all IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know if it just because we're doing well, but this has been a good season so far. Last season was really shit, imo. Not just for us, but overall. The 11/12 season was outstanding, imo.

Table going into Christmas is unbelievable. So tight at the top which is great. On the flip side there are more horrendous sides in the league than usual this season IMO

This is a great season tbh. I can't remember there were so many teams who were so evenly balanced relatively. Usually you have 1 or 2 who are clearly way better than 2 or 3 others who are miles ahead of the rest, and so on. This year there are loads competing quite equally for a number of spaces. I think the only team who you'd fully expect not to slip outside the top 4 are Man City. The rest, to varying degrees, are not guaranteed top 4 at all IMO.

ManC have looked vulnerable without Kompany.

I'd like to think that FFP would stop a few of the struggling clubs from buying their way out of trouble but there aren't enough Yao's in the world for that.

The most annoying thing will be if Chelsea/City/United buy the likes of Cabaye, Baines or Barkley.

ManC have looked vulnerable without Kompany.

He's looked a bit shaky in the last twelve months or so. Probably due to being in and out because of injury.

There is a realistic chance Everton will be on a 7 game winning run coming to Anfield in end of January looking at their fixtures.

Dead excited for Thursday, everyone expects City to maul us. No pressure whatsoever...hope we rise to the occasion.

There is a realistic chance Everton will be on a 7 game winning run coming to Anfield in end of January looking at their fixtures.

Dead excited for Thursday, everyone expects City to maul us. No pressure whatsoever...hope we rise to the occasion.

Looking forward to our title decider, George. :coolsmiley:

I'll be honest, I'm giddy. I don't expect us to finish top 4 but do I think currently we should be looking to keep pace? Absolutely.

Annoys me even more now that Chelsea just gave Lukaku to Everton :) Hardly like they were a nothing, bottom of the table side. There were already good and they just gave them a £20-30m beast striker for free.

Jokes on them I suppose as Everton are now above them :lol:

Annoys me even more now that Chelsea just gave Lukaku to Everton :) Hardly like they were a nothing, bottom of the table side. There were already good and they just gave them a £20-30m beast striker for free.

He's actually been pretty poor for 4 or 5 games now IMO.

Hardly.. Joke is on the rest of us as he's taking points from every team bar Chelsea.  Loans between prem teams shouldn't be allowed.

I know, same with us with Remy but he still the focal point of the attack and occupies the defenders giving others space even if he isn't the one scoring at the moment.

Wasn't having a go at Everton Neil :), annoyed that Chelsea are allowed to collect so many players and just loan them out. They obviously thought it would work in their favour as you guys would take points off their rivals in the league. Sort of back fired though because you are doing far better than they expected and they are doing far worse.