The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Absolutely mental that we could be joint top of the league by the end of the year  :lol:

We couldn't.

How come? 6 points off first.

City and Liverpool play each other on Boxing Day, any result puts one of them on 37+

I know what you mean though.

Arsenal really have to sign a better striker than Giroud in Jan if they want to win the league.

Yep. It's not necessarily that he's poor (he's not but when you're up against Aguero/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge amongst your competitors...) but he is literally all they've got unless you count the Danish Shola. They can't mix it up at all.

Arsenal really have to sign a better striker than Giroud in Jan if they want to win the league.

Yep. It's not necessarily that he's poor (he's not but when you're up against Aguero/Negredo and Suarez/Sturridge amongst your competitors...) but he is literally all they've got unless you count the Danish Shola. They can't mix it up at all.

They should go for Ba.

They should go for Ba.

Madness not pulling out all the stops for him in the summer when it was becoming obvious Mourinho wasn't interested.

They should go for Ba.

Mourinho vetoed it at the very last minute.

Guest firetotheworks

They should go for Ba.

Also not good enough at that level. I maintain that we're his level.

Arsenal need someone like Aguero/David Villa imo.

They should go for Ba.

What does that even mean? The guy scored 13 goals in an utterly abysmal Newcastle team (by January). He would score for fun at Arsenal.

They should go for Ba.

What does that even mean? The guy scored 13 goals in an utterly abysmal Newcastle team (by January). He would score for fun at Arsenal.

fleicher scored similarly in an even worse sunderland team. have to say I think we got the best of ba (like we did with enrique, beye, given)

And then the gap was 8 points...

:lol: Don't do it to yourself, mate.

:lol: Should I be thinking about it? Im looking at our next two fixtures and thinking we could be within 4 or 5 points by the time we play Spurs in January.

Europe is still the priority of course.

They should go for Ba.

fleicher scored 13 in an even worse sunderland team. have to say I think we got the best of ba (like we did with enrique, beye, given)

The point is, it isn't absolutely essential to have a 10/10 player to complete the jigsaw, not when the rest of the team is so good and not when the league is as open as it is this year. Ba would be a brilliant signing for them. He scores all sorts of goals and he does it for fun.

They should go for Ba.

fleicher scored 13 in an even worse sunderland team. have to say I think we got the best of ba (like we did with enrique, beye, given)

The point is, it isn't absolutely essential to have a 10/10 player to complete the jigsaw, not when the rest of the team is so good and not when the league is as open as it is this year. Ba would be a brilliant signing for them. He scores all sorts of goals and he does it for fun.

he did, as did cisse, look at him now. I don't think ba will hit the personal heights he did here like those other I mentioned.

Guest firetotheworks

They should go for Ba.

Don't agree. Yes, we were poor, but we played with him as a focal point. It doesn't translate to goals at a higher level. Andy Johnson, Darren Bent, Yakubu are examples of players banging them in shit teams. It happens and means nothing imo.

They should go for Ba.

Don't agree. Yes, we were poor, but we played with him as a focal point. It doesn't translate to goals at a higher level. Andy Johnson, Darren Bent, Yakubu are examples of players banging them in shit teams. It happens and means nothing imo.

That's a fair argument but Ba is clearly on another level to those players. I'd bite my fingers off to have him back here, I genuinely think he's one of the best strikers in the league.

They should go for Ba.

That's a fair argument but Ba is clearly on another level to those players. I'd bite my fingers off to have him back here, I genuinely think he's one of the best strikers in the league.

Heard a Chelsea fan on 606 a couple of weeks ago say "... and Ba, who is never a Premiership player" :lol: