The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Think I'll be taking Denver over 38.5 points later. I still think they'll let the Jags in a couple of times due to their suspect defence (yes, Jags are really, really bad, I know.) Don't think it'll be quite the total demolition job people are making out. Something like 45-17. Think the h'cap spread will be pretty much on the money (26.5 is the best you can get I think for the Broncos.)

Won a bit more this morning on a Vettel/Djokovic double. Got £10 on Cov to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 at 2s.

I really can't see Coventry not scoring again here.

Looking for a 1/2 "safe" bet for Tuesday's action so I could stake on it and get a free bet in the process. Any suggestions? I've got over 1.5 in the England game but I need at least one more fold at similar odds to meet the 1/2 requirements.

Not looking to put anything on any of the meaningless games, btw.

Anyone else get on Paddy Power's offer of Taylor to have the most 180s?

4/1. :lol:

Easiest bet I think I'm ever likely to win. Laid it off to guarantee a decent profit.

Be careful with Taylor in this market in the future, he generally doesn't get an awful lot of 180's as often switches down to T19 even if he's planted first two darts in T20. Taylor in the 180 market is always a fairly large price against majority of players. Although 4/1 still seems way to big for a one off match, he’s usually around 10/1 to get most 180’s on the night in the Premier League.

For tomorrow:

Avoid Group A and C pointless.

Group B

Denmark (v bottom Malta) need to win to stand a chance

Bulgaria (2nd on 13) v Czech (4th on 12) massive game. Could be worthy of a home advantage win @ 13/10

Group D

Hungary (Andorra) 3rd on 16 and Romania (Estonia) 4th on 14 need to win to stand a chance.

Turkey are 2nd on 16 at home to Holland who are through. 11/8 is a decent price for a massive match for Turks.

Group E

Iceland 2nd on 16 away to Norway who are out. 17/10

Slovenia 3rd on 15 away to Switzerland who are through. 12/5

Group F

Portugal and Russia both at the top v dross. Surely Portugal can't screw it up again?

Group G

Bosnia 1st on 22 away to Lithuania

Greece 2nd on 22 home to Lichtenstein

Group H

As we know Ukraine / England

Group I

Spain to win to win group.

France to win to have any chance of winning group if a massive upset occurs.

South American

Chile v Ecuador - level on points, Ecuador never won away from home. Chile are 6/4

Paraguay v Colombia - Colombia need to win for 2nd place. Paraguay are playing for nothing. 6/4

Might be worth looking at some of those prices to include in your accys. Not sure what I'm doing yet but will definitely put a DNB or double chance accy on including some of the 'outsiders'.

Had a very interesting conversation today with a lad that is doing some work for Richard Fahey. Fahey basically gave him a tip that is apparently bulletproof, although he doesn't know when or where the horse will run. The horse is Xaloc.

Has only ran once, 11 month ago, and was only beaten 3 length into 5th place. According to Fahey the horse has improved dramatically and will run at some point in the next two weeks once they find the best race for it to win. They are looking for a maiden race, on the all weather that has a medium sized field. He also said he hopes to get around 10/1 for the horse as the race from last year hasn't really worked out - he told my mate that the price will drop massively during the day as it's going to be a big stable gamble.

Take from that what you want but I can never ignore a tip that I've been given with such confidence. I'll be checking it's entries every day until I see the thing running.

Had a very interesting conversation today with a lad that is doing some work for Richard Fahey. Fahey basically gave him a tip that is apparently bulletproof, although he doesn't know when or where the horse will run. The horse is Xaloc.

Has only ran once, 11 month ago, and was only beaten 3 length into 5th place. According to Fahey the horse has improved dramatically and will run at some point in the next two weeks once they find the best race for it to win. They are looking for a maiden race, on the all weather that has a medium sized field. He also said he hopes to get around 10/1 for the horse as the race from last year hasn't really worked out - he told my mate that the price will drop massively during the day as it's going to be a big stable gamble.

Take from that what you want but I can never ignore a tip that I've been given with such confidence. I'll be checking it's entries every day until I see the thing running.

:frantic:

I need updates.

I love shit like this. If anything bring out the gambler in me it's this. The thought of winning a shitload of money at high odds from some generous insider who I'll never ever meet.

Would love to stick a couple of grand on it for a big payday.  :D

Must be a godsend to have someone inside horse racing who gives you tips and rarely lets you down.

I'll be watching this with interest.  O0

I need updates.

:thup: Ditto.

I need updates.

:thup: Ditto.

On Racing Post site you can check each horses future entries so this is where I'll be looking every morning. As soon as it shows up when it's entered for a race I'll put it on here. I've had one tip from the same source (about a year ago!) which won after being backed from 8/1 to 11/4 in a low grade race at Ayr. Could make or break my xmas this one  :lol:

I love s*** like this. If anything bring out the gambler in me it's this. The thought of winning a shitload of money at high odds from some generous insider who I'll never ever meet.

Would love to stick a couple of grand on it for a big payday.  :D

Must be a godsend to have someone inside horse racing who gives you tips and rarely lets you down.

I'll be watching this with interest.  O0

I knew one Australian man who was exactly like you described. He was great with horses and an absolute gentleman. Froggy knows him too. Everything went well at first and Froggy was printing money. Everyone was smiling and buying him bottles of Scotch. It ended in tears when I found out he was full of s**** and not a single tip was a winner for me. Haven't heard about him in months.

Mad £5 bet tomorrow. 12-fold acca.

England to win to nil

Russia -1

Portugal v Luxembourg (Both teams to score - no)

Greece HT/Greece FT

Denmark v Malta (Both teams to score - no)

Scotland v Croatia : 1-1, 2-2 or 3-3

France -1

San Marino v Ukraine (Over 4.5 goals)

Belgium -1

Eire HT/Eire FT

Spain -2

Holland to win

= £4,308