The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Some thoroughly bizarre odds in tomorrow's Greek games. I'm sure there's a reason for it that the bookies will know but I've stuck a quid on anyway.

11th to beat 17th and 7th to beat 16th as a double is 119/1.

Some thoroughly bizarre odds in tomorrow's Greek games. I'm sure there's a reason for it that the bookies will know but I've stuck a quid on anyway.

What's the teams? Might do a bit searching for reasons the prices would be that good.

What's the teams? Might do a bit searching for reasons the prices would be that good.

Ergotelis (7th) are 7/1 to win away at Apollon Smyrnis (16th of 18) and Panionios (11th) are 14/1 (!) to win away at 17th placed Veria. There's also Panthrakikos (8th) who are 12/1 to win away at Kalloni (13th), but I've left that one off. Nothing in the form that suggests such long odds other than the table suggests home advantage is enormous in Greece. Worth a pop nonetheless.

At a quick scan of the league it looks like home advantage plays a massive part in Greece. Panionios (11th) have only won 2 from 16 away from home this season which is probably why they're so long odds. There's only 2 teams in the league that have won 50% of games away from home

At a quick scan of the league it looks like home advantage plays a massive part in Greece. Panionios (11th) have only won 2 from 16 away from home this season which is probably why they're so long odds. There's only 2 teams in the league that have won 50% of games away from home

:thup:

Ergotelis at least look like one of the better away sides and the opposition poor at home so that's probably the one to pick to ramp up an accy.

Probably as fixed as it can be, but f*** it!

£1 (£7 stake) patent on the 3 of them. If all 3 somehow win it returns £2215  :lol: need just one of them to win to get at least my stake back.

Odds were perfect to try a lucky 31, joined the Greek party.

Panthrakikos, PAE, Crete, Panionios & Panetolikos.

31x16p can return between £7.09 if 2 wins, £94.13 if 3, £1225 if 4 & £23535 if all 5 win.

5p on that as a 5 fold to return £3510

Apparently OFI haven't got much to play for anymore as they can no longer qualify for Europe so it seems they'll be resting some players for their cup final in 10 days.

Having said that, Xanthi have only won 1 of their last 18 away games.

Backed Stoke for next week at 5/4 and 16/5 respectively for a win and -1 against us. Ashley/Pardew finally giving back to the fans these past few weeks.

Tempting but will we not have a fair few back including Remy? Stoke pretty much safe now, could see us nicking a draw possibly. Will think about it though but the odds aren't sucking me in as the manu ones did. The bookies really felt sorry for us fans yesterday didn't they.  :lol:

Remy has a scan on Tuesday. Doesn't sound too good for him starting, but maybe. I have a good deal of confidence in how poorly we're playing, how dispirited the squad is and how little anyone seems to care to change it at this point. By contrast, Stoke really seem to have their tales up - and Crouch/Odemwingie seem dangerous. Odemwingie really likes Colo too :lol: :(

Guest neesy111

Stoke are only 6 points behind us, they'll think they can finish above us + they are chasing their best ever points tally in the PL.