The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Napoli are my #1 "always play well when I don't watch them/bet on them" team. Constantly delivering apparently impressive performances when I pay no attention, then when I'm keeping tabs on them, Hamsik looks like Aidan McGeady with a brush on his head and Higuain channels the spirit of Denis Stracqualursi.

:lol: This is me, can't stand them. Keep hearing good things regarding them, then when i bet on them or watch them, they are awful and drag the game out. Detest Rafa!

:lol: The old reverse-jinx

Vallecano (Less than 10mins to go) and Fiorentina the only teams letting me down on a 7 game acca.

Vallecano score in the last-minute  :laugh:

Just need Fiorentina to turn the game round against Milan

Guest Roger Kint

West Ham, Dundee Utd, The Hoff & Liverpool(-2) at almost 17/1

Fuck off Liverpool. Should have cashed in just before they pulled one back but i decided to give it another 5 mins as i was only 1 goal off :anguish: That £46 was better than the nowt i am getting thanks to them switching off completely

Won £75 last night with an accy of Liverpool, Altrincham -1, Coventry, Juve, Monaco and Dundee United. Was nearly 13/1 but Altrincham, Juve and Monaco all scored as i was putting it on and it dropped to 6.5/1!

Gone for a BTTS accumulator this weekend:

Sheff Weds Vs Watford

MK Dons Vs Wolves

Leyton Orient Vs Bradford

Bolton Vs Wigan

Leyton Orient being the riskiest one I should think.

£10 returns £100 on that.

Also got a BTTS double on tonight:

Liverpool Vs Sunderland

West Ham Vs Hull

£10 returns £50.

On a good run at the minute. Probably my best ever.

£5 on Ajax,Inter, Valencia, Sociedad @ 8/1

£5 on Valencia and Inter after Ajax down to ten men.

£5 on Alkmaar (strangely generous odds, seeing as they're playing against 10 men) and Inter

Ajax score and Alkmaar also reduced to 10men.

Valencia score in the first minute.

Inter - who are on all my bets - are certain to let me down.

Fucking Inter.

Guest Roger Kint

He is an idiot(or knows nowt about betting to fill in the wrong one and not realise the odds were massively out) but the woman who checked it should have noticed it was the wrong thing. Isnt she supposed to scan the slip rather than tick them off?

He is an idiot(or knows nowt about betting to fill in the wrong one and not realise the odds were massively out) but the woman who checked it should have noticed it was the wrong thing. Isnt she supposed to scan the slip rather than tick them off?

:thup: I reckon he's made it up. No Ladbrokes worker would "tick them off", they do a report at the end of every day that shows unclaimed winners so they know how much money they may require the next day. There would also be a notice to all shops, especially the one where he placed the bet, that there was an unclaimed £1m bet knocking around.

Guest Roger Kint

:thup: I reckon he's made it up. No Ladbrokes worker would "tick them off", they do a report at the end of every day that shows unclaimed winners so they know how much money they may require the next day. There would also be a notice to all shops, especially the one where he placed the bet, that there was an unclaimed £1m bet knocking around.

:thup: Sounds it really, I remembered after i posted this that my mate places the same bet each weekend and i have checked his results a few times. Not only is it clear that its BBTS but its also a print out rather than a photo copy of his sheet. Think he is an idiot who placed it wrong and then got embarrassed after celebrating it so fabricated the rest. Like you say they would know already if there was a winner.

£1 on QPR/Brighton/Leeds/Sunderland/ManCity/Chelsea/Liverpool/Southampton/PSG/Barca/Athletico/Bayern/Dortmund

£1 ManCity bts/Liverpool bts/Southampton -1/Man Utd -1/Chelsea -1

80p Chelsea to win to nil/Bolton v Wigan bts/Ipswich -1

It's a new Norwegian season on the horizon. Some people wanted some tips. I'm gonna try once more to apply my knowledge of Norwegian football onto predicting outcomes. Woe is me.

Friday:

6PM

Molde - Vålerenga

1.50 - 4.20 - 6.50

As the odds say, on paper this is pretty straightforward. Molde is weakened by the loss of Jo Inge Berget and Mats Dæhli on the player side, and the loss of Solskjær on the manager side. But the new manager Tor Ole Skullerud isn't a bad one either, and has previous in bringing through young talent. Also bought wisely and brough in one of the brightest Norwegian talents these days in Mohammed Elyounoussi. Molde wins.

Saturday:

2:30PM

Haugesund - Lillestrøm

1.83 - 3.70 - 4.10

Haugesund have only lost eight times at home in the past three seasons. They ended third in the league last year, and haven't lost any major players as well as their youngsters being one year more experienced. Don't think they'll live up to how well they did last season, but at home against Lillestrøm they should be a safe play as Lillestrøm haven't done much to improve on a poor campaign last year.

5PM

Rosenborg - Viking

1.65 - 3.80 - 5.20

Rosenborg have kept all their players and added new ones. Young, talented, local players have improved. They've added Morten Gamst Pedersen, which while old will stil absolutely rape the Norwegian league and have shown signs of brilliance in the pre-season games where Rosenborg admittedly have struggled a bit. But pre-season games are just that, pre-season games, and Rosenborg will come out all guns blazing at home against a Viking side much unchanged from last year. Nicki Bille Nilsen up front for Rosenborg will most likely have an amazing season this year, and will probably move on to a bigger league in the summer. Could dare to go -1 on this one.

Sunday:

2:30PM

Bodø/Glimt - Aalesund

2.02 - 3.50 - 3.55

This is the first match that's tough to call so far. Bodø/Glimt I think will have an okay season after being promoted last year, they've a young and hungry side. Aalesund had a good season last year, and I think they will falter a bit this year with the loss of their top scorer. At home, I think Bodø/Glimt might just nick it, but it's a match that could very well end in a draw. I don't think Aalesund will win. This is one to avoid.

5PM:

Sandnes Ulf - Odds Ballklubb

2.40 - 3.40 - 2.85

I don't think Sandes will win this one. Odd will have a good season this year whilst Sandnes will struggle. I would go all out and say Odd will win, but it's the first match of the season and it's a tough one to call in that regard and could end in a draw. I think the odds are lying a bit in regards to Sandnes, who won't win.

Stabæk - Sogndal

2.17 - 3.45 - 3.20

Putting my reputation on the line here in the first round. Stabæk have been sentenced to last spot by every expert in Norway predicting the league, but I beg to differ. I think the Bob Bradley effect will be massive, and they have some talented youngsters. Sogndal is the other team experts think will get relegated, I support them in that respect. I think they are certain for relegation and will struggle to gain many points. Stabæk will be up for it with a manager that is way too good for this club and this league. Would go as far as saying they'll win this match by two or more judging by their play in pre-season, where they even beat Rosenborg.

Strømsgodset - Start

1.48 - 4.50 - 6.10

Last years champions will take this. They've lost a lot of their core from last year, but have added new exciting players. Start will struggle and fight relegation, Strømsgodset will not be as good as last year but will still be fighting for a top position. They'll win this, possibly at a canter. Candidate for a -1.

Sarpsborg 08 - Brann

2.32 - 3.50 - 2.90

Brann have as Stabæk gotten themselves a manager better than their club deserves. They'll see results of this on the pitch, even with a rather unchanged side from last year. The addition of Demidov at the back will improve them. Sarpsborg, with Brian Deane as manager, will struggle this season and have lost their best player, Elyounoussi, to Molde before the season. The odds are generous and Brann should win.

Single Suggestion:

Brann @ 2.90

or

Rosenborg -1 @ 2.80

Double Suggestion:

Strømsgodset & Rosenborg @ 2.44

or

Brann & Rosenborg -1 @ 8.12

Treble Suggestion:

Brann, Rosenborg -1 & Strømsgodset @ 12.02

or

Molde, Strømsgodset & Haugesund @ 4.06