The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Keeping an eye on Spain over 1.5 goals. 0-0 after 33 mins. IIRC they do this quite regularly in "easy" friendly matches at home. 0-0 for a little while then get a couple of goals.

Guest neesy111

Keeping an eye on Spain over 1.5 goals. 0-0 after 33 mins. IIRC they do this quite regularly in "easy" friendly matches at home. 0-0 for a little while then get a couple of goals.

Who's playing upfront for them?

whoever it is they want to pull their finger out

Torres.

Guest neesy111

Torres.

Makes sense, looks like they've ditched the false 9 tactic with Cesc.

Had £5 on Sturridge FGS paid £23.75.

Had £1.75 on 3-0 (at 1-0) paid £8.75

Got £20 on England -1 Spain -1 pays £53.

Also added 0.75 on Spain (at 0-0), Uruguay -1 and Chile -1

Hang on please Spain.

Hoping for a good start to an excellent month with the WC imminent.

Nice, both. :thup:

It's getting close. :megusta: Hope I learned my lesson from the Euros and keep the bets small on the first round of games. Not going to be easy.

£100 on Spain v Holland, you with me Pata? Let's do it.

Actually Spain does look tempting.

What bookies are people going to use? I'll probably deposit to two different sites, can't be arsed to hunt for the best odds and make depos to every possible site. Thinking about bet365 and William Hill right now. Pinnacle and Marathon are supposed to be good but I don't have accounts on them, anyone used them?

Actually Spain does look tempting.

What bookies are people going to use? I'll probably deposit to two different sites, can't be arsed to hunt for the best odds and make depos to every possible site. Thinking about bet365 and William Hill right now. Pinnacle and Marathon are supposed to be good but I don't have accounts on them, anyone used them?

Using two (actually it's three) bookies for the WC.

Tipico and Bet 365 will get 90% - 95%, while a little bit will go to ColossusBets in order to get a jackpot.

Also, you're right not to go gung-ho on the first group games (having the EURO 2012 still very much in mind).

I've started preparing myself really really well for this one, though. So, in theory it should be decent. (one month with not much sleep, tough :lol:)

3600€ profit from horses today. Lost nearly 2k in Sweden last week though but still a nice boost ahead of the WC. I also know nothing about horses but got interested again after 15 year break as the last weekend in the Elitloppet was amazing fun with 7 friends.

:megusta:

With that said: what's everyone got on ante-post?

Haven't got a lot on myself, so far anyway. Got a bit on Spain, only other ante-post is Brazil/Messi top scorer double at 33/1.

Haven't got a lot on myself, so far anyway. Got a bit on Spain, only other ante-post is Brazil/Messi top scorer double at 33/1.

Enhanced odds, somewhere? Great value if not. Might jinx follow you on it.

Nope. I put it on ages ago thinking it would shorten, but think I checked a week or 2 ago and it's still 33s. Well worth a tenner IMO.

Nope. I put it on ages ago thinking it would shorten, but think I checked a week or 2 ago and it's still 33s. Well worth a tenner IMO.

Yup, for sure. Will put something on when I'm at an internet connection where gambling websites aren't blocked :hmm: