The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I'll get round to summarising some of the main WC offers available. Seems to be some good ones out there.

Particularly interested in knowing exactly how the Argies will line up. A dark horse long shot would surely be Dzeko to net a few goals if he gets plenty of game time.

I've 20 on Messi for that Paddy Power offer at 8/1. Fiver free bet every goal he scores.

25 on Brazil to win the heap with BetBright at 3/1. Fiver free bet every match they win in 90 minutes.

Plus I'll be putting a fiver on every match Argentina are involved in to take advantage of that 888sport offer.

I'm expecting to have a lot of free bets. I'd be very disappointed to not be in profit after this World Cup.

Hope mine goes better than the 2010 and 2012. Neither were a disaster by any means but given I thought I'd put a lot of research into it and finding some good value bets, I got bugger all reward for it. :lol: That's how it goes sometimes I guess. Hope a few things come to fruition here.

Bosnia is a dark horse really. Everyone is talking about Belgium - yes they have some really really good players but, Bosnia can do very well in this tournament.

Think them to reach the quarters at 14/5 is a decent bet. They would play the winners of Group E in all likelihood, and even if that turns out to be France, I give them a good chance.

Bosnia is a dark horse really. Everyone is talking about Belgium - yes they have some really really good players but, Bosnia can do very well in this tournament.

Think them to reach the quarters at 14/5 is a decent bet. They would play the winners of Group E in all likelihood, and even if that turns out to be France, I give them a good chance.

Dzeko at 66/1 each way for top scorer is my main bet I reckon.

It's obviously unlikely (what 66/1 bet is likely?) but if he's going to be on the pitch plenty it's a smashing bet. Because if he's starting, I'd argue the odds should be more like 20/1, 25/1. Obviously stiff competition up top for the Argies. Could easily see him getting 4 or 5, and as cliched as it sounds, it's true that it can simply take one thrashing in the group game to give him a massive chance.

It's obviously unlikely (what 66/1 bet is likely?) but if he's going to be on the pitch plenty it's a smashing bet. Because if he's starting, I'd argue the odds should be more like 20/1, 25/1. Obviously stiff competition up top for the Argies. Could easily see him getting 4 or 5, and as cliched as it sounds, it's true that it can simply take one thrashing in the group game to give him a massive chance.

Aye, I'm counting on him filling his boots v Iran & Nigeria, maybe nick a consolation v Argentina and who knows in the Second Round. 5 is a realistic figure for him though.