The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Gone for 2-2 in Milan/Roma @ 15/1

Henderson is 7/2 to make the England WC squad. No, he's not great whatsoever but he's improving, starting regularly for Liverpool and no doubt impressed Hodgson yesterday. Think 7/2 is definitely too long, 7/4 would be a fairer price.

There's a decent thread on RAWK about a £10 to £1000 challenge, just looked through the last few pages but one lad has managed to make around £500 and £300 in a week just betting singles with the £10 and winnings.

Been close but no cigar on a couple of correct scores recently so I'm especially pleased that came off. Just had a massive hunch for 2-2.

Really like those Henderson odds. Currently, he's more likely not to be in the squad than to be there but I think he's in with a very decent chance and, barring a major injury, his chance is likely to increase. 7/2 is definitely way too long.

What's the rules? Do you have to bet 100% of your kitty every bet or say if you win £38 like KDT, can you bet £18 for example in the next bet?

I think it's supposed to be singles using the full winnings from the previous bet but you can do it anyway you want, I think the ideal is that in the end you have £1000 in your account from a number of single bets. I can't see a problem with only betting some of your winnings though and withdrawing some also. 

I don't get these challenges. So people are trying to win several bets? Aren't we all? :lol:

:lol: :thup: Makes it sound easier though - "just put your winnings on the next bet, then them winnings on the one after".

We'll all be millionaires in no time ...

So an accumulator over separate times & dates.

Yeah pretty much. Lad i know basically just started with a 10 pound bet, then he picked one single a day but mainly odds on shots around 1/2 then worked his way up. Just put all the winnings on another single the next day. Was up to about 320 when he lost by some dodgy italian result in which Inter/Juve were like 1/5 or summit.

Good luck to anyone who's doing it but - and this is just my opinion - it's an awful way to bet. Look for actual value as if you keep betting on 1/2, 1/3 shots, you're going to get screwed over with shite odds. You might get incredibly lucky and avoid a surprise but you're asking for trouble.

If I'm going to lose, much rather lose on a decent 4/1 shot for example which was wildly overpriced, instead of a generic home favourite who were horribly short. Keep betting on odds which are too long and you'll win long-term.

But anyway, if you win loads of money then good on you. Guess it doesn't matter how in the end? :dontknow:

Looking through the thread on RAWK the general idea was to bet on singles at good value (around evens), it seems they had quite a few people who would look at the market and put forward the bet for that day and they would all then copy the bet. It was all about the value of the bet not looking for 1/4 favourites and just lumping on them each week.

Looking through the thread on RAWK the general idea was to bet on singles at good value (around evens), it seems they had quite a few people who would look at the market and put forward the bet for that day and they would all then copy the bet. It was all about the value of the bet not looking for 1/4 favourites and just lumping on them each week.

My mate started shortish prices around evens or 1/2 but as the winnings were becoming increasinlgy high he was getting more and more inclined to bet on 1/4's or 1/5's.

My mate started shortish prices around evens or 1/2 but as the winnings were becoming increasinlgy high he was getting more and more inclined to bet on 1/4's or 1/5's.

That's where bottles comes into it. If you're willing to put £20 on, say, a 2/1 shot, then why not put £100 you've won on a similar 2/1 shot?

I'm guilty of it, it's human nature to get protective of your winnings, when really we should be MORE liberal with them given it wasn't 'your' money previously. Need to keep betting money and your actual money separate IMO, if that makes sense.

That's where bottles comes into it. If you're willing to put £20 on, say, a 2/1 shot, then why not put £100 you've won on a similar 2/1 shot?

I'm guilty of it, it's human nature to get protective of your winnings, when really we should be MORE liberal with them given it wasn't 'your' money previously. Need to keep betting money and your actual money separate IMO, if that makes sense.

:thup:

Without a doubt. I was winding him up about it how his 10 pound started on Leyton Orient at 4/5 then his ton plus money is going on PSG at 1/5 :lol: Tight bastard  :aww:

All in all though it was a good laugh and even kept me interested seeing who he would pick each day. Yet to try it myself but see no harm in doing it even for the joy of it, that's what betting is about really, enjoying it rather than looking to become a millionaire :lol: