Faye Downey

prefabtoon

She hasn't immediately solved our injury/fitness problems? Sack the bitch!

You would think she would have had some impact on our fitness and we're having the tired excuse used already.  I guess we'll see in a few weeks if we are fitter as playing with 10 men didn't help us.

• 3 months later...

Is she still here?  If she is, it has to be said she is doing a great job!

how so?  prior to the 90 minutes vs. manyoo conventional wisdom had it that our players couldn't last a 90 and pardew wasn't telling them to stop playing football

colour me confused

I was talking injuries

Guest Haris Vuckic

No Europe probably helps a lot too mind.

:lol: Amazing that you actually believe this drivel.

Are you seriously that stupid?

I mean really? Fucking hell.

It's just a happy coincidence. :lol:

Aye because all the CL teams are riddled with injuries.... Europe has f*ck all to do with it as long as you train and prepare properly you don't get injured because of a few extra games ffs.

Sir Bobby used to play the same team on a Wednesday and then a Saturday/Sunday and he never got the injuries we did last season.

Because we actually trained and prepared properly, keep listening to Pardew's drivel though.

I'd find the Europa league argument a lot more convincing if we didn't play a weakened team until about Anzhi.

Except that Pards also stated that it affected preparation time for the following games which obviously makes sense.

Id find it a bit laughable to suggest at this point Europe had nothing to do with last season, as often as it was used.

We struggled with injuries because we didn't train properly. Ironically, with spending dominating most of last season's talk, it was probably the lack of investment in the back room staff that caused us the most bother.

Do you have some knowledge of this?

There were quotes over the Summer, from players, saying training was easy last season and we weren't as fit as before, Jonas and Taylor spring to mind. I'm also sure either Pardew or one of the backroom staff were quoted as saying that we rested players a lot more due to the extra games.