Faye Downey

prefabtoon

Imagine if we finally have a team that's fit to play 90 f***ing minutes of football and not patter out at the 70 minute mark and a team that doesn't get absolutely decimated by niggling muscle injuries every other week.

Imagine if we finally have a team that's fit to play 90 fucking minutes of football and not patter out at the 70 minute mark.

If she can finally get Marvaux to physically be able to complete a game, that'd do me.

Imagine if we finally have a team that's fit to play 90 f***ing minutes of football and not patter out at the 70 minute mark and a team that doesn't get absolutely decimated by niggling muscle injuries every other week.

Need to get the Eeyore av' back.

A sign Pardew is capable of spotting our failures and weaknesses and trying to do something about them?

How dare you! We'll have none of that talk round here!  ;)

It is good news though, he's saying and doing mostly the right things just now, hope it continues.

Saying and doing mostly the right things in July :lol:

Before the season starts, innit? Are we entirely past the point of giving credit for positive moves now?

No, I just find it funny that he's apparently saying and doing all the right things, when we haven't got any games to play. I didn't comment on the appointment, I think it's a good move.

Guest icemanblue

Strange. We will be soon enough. Preparing in a better manner than before is a positive, isn't it?

Strange. We will be soon enough. Preparing in a better manner than before is a positive, isn't it?

Think of it like this. You find it funny that people like me will take any opportunity to slag Pardew, don't you? I find it funny that he said that because it sounded like a desperate grasp for positivity, it's one appointment and a minor one at that, and hardly constitutes 'doing all the right things'. I don't even need to go into why what Pardew says counts for fuck all.

Guest icemanblue

Do you think the aim is to placate fans, or to better prepare the team and make positive changes ahead of the season?

Guest icemanblue

Not sure if you're being sarcastic there. But, in this instance, his words have been backed up with actions. No idea if it's completely his doing, but it's a positive regardless. No real need to read any more into it than that.