Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Pre-season shouldn't just be about fitness, it should be trying to perfect the formation and playing style that we intend to use before the season starts.

What is clear is that he's going to try and do exactly what he did last season. He's mentally subnormal.

Absolutely. As we saw last season our pre season follows on and once again it's been awful under Pardew. This won't be any different in 2 weeks time. Loss against citeh followed up with drawing against teams we should beat at home and its already and uphill struggle to gain points. Pardew will be the first complain pre-season wasn't good enough and left them all flat, he's a master at hindsight as long as he can blame someone or something else.

Why did HBA only last a half? Is he still carrying a large arse?

Dunno, seems counter-productive. Maybe he felt a muscle strain.

Doesn't sound great. Not fussed about the game per se as I didn't see it, but he's a cause of concern for me.

Could be just giving him a runout and then protecting him. Unless someone actually knows it was an injury, it's probably nowt.

Protecting him from what?

Just keeping him fresh, saving him from potentially getting injured in a meaningless game etc. It's a fairly common concept.

So was he injured then Dave?

Guest bimpy474

Doesn't sound great. Not fussed about the game per se as I didn't see it, but he's a cause of concern for me.

Could be just giving him a runout and then protecting him. Unless someone actually knows it was an injury, it's probably nowt.

90 mins and match fitness is seems.

You won't get real match fitness if you don't try and win games. Playing half-heartedly at this stage is completely pointless.

Exactly. Really don't like us playing such wank opposition at this stage of the season. Pacos did alright last season, didn't they? Other than that - we've played absolutely bot all so far this pre-season. Braga should be a decent test but, again, it's not exactly gonna get the players pumped. There'll be fuck all in terms of a crowd too.

You won't get real match fitness if you don't try and win games. Playing half-heartedly at this stage is completely pointless.

Exactly. Really don't like us playing such wank opposition at this stage of the season. Pacos did alright last season, didn't they? Other than that - we've played absolutely bot all so far this pre-season. Braga should be a decent test but, again, it's not exactly gonna get the players pumped. There'll be fuck all in terms of a crowd too.

You're kind of right in theory, but does this ever happen? I mean, I watched Porto, Arsenal, Galatasaray and Napoli compete at the weekend and they were playing at maximum 50%. They were playing better opposition, but they were basically going through the motions.

I don't really disagree with you, I just think its a know fact that pre-season is half arsed in every way.

I didn't see the game tonight FWIW.

There was a comment he made today about if players were going to pick up strains it would be this week due to the intensity of the training. Maybe that's why he took him off? But that doesn't explain why he's plays so little in the others.

Guest Phil K

bad wingplay, go figure.

And yet Pardew persist with this formation despite us lacking any decent wingers, you do wonder what goes on in his head.

In Pardew's head ? Rolling tumbleweed and a sound of crickets

Getting pretty sick of protecting him tbh.

Just keeping him fresh, saving him from potentially getting injured in a meaningless game etc. It's a fairly common concept.

So was he injured then Dave?

No idea, but if he's not fit enough to play more than one half in the penultimate friendly then something's wrong. Taking him off seems counter-productive, that's why I said taking him off seems counter-productive and proposed that he might have felt tightness or something. HTH

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 19s

Pardew says Remy "brings spontaneous kind of finish we lacked at times last year." However "chances of starting against Man City v v slim."

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

:yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao: :yao:

There was a comment he made today about if players were going to pick up strains it would be this week due to the intensity of the training. Maybe that's why he took him off? But that doesn't explain why he's plays so little in the others.

I know Pardew is the worst thing ever etc, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows how HBA is doing better than the fans.

We planned out training so our best players can't play full friendlies to get match fit just before start of season, genius  :lol:

I realise that the clubs do cleverly monitor fitness levels and when injuries may happen still seems strange

Pardew says Remy "brings spontaneous kind of finish we lacked at times last year." However "chances of starting against Man City v v slim."

:yao:

??? Is he injured?

I know Pardew is the worst thing ever etc, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows how HBA is doing better than the fans.

I agree. What you getting mad at me for?  :lol:

I'm not, I'm agreeing.

:yao:

??? Is he injured?

Calf strain and hasn't played a minute all pre season

Guest bimpy474

He keeps telling us Ben Arfa needs match fitness, yet he gets to play only 45mins here and there, how in the blue fuck will Ben Arfa get that match fitness if he doesn't play.

I'm not, I'm agreeing.

Oh. Then I agree.