English/British talent we should be recruiting

TRon

Guest bimpy474

Will Hughes, lovely left foot, just like me  :snod:

That's it i'm convinced, sign Bimpy up.

Having a good left foot instantly makes him a better option to Jonas.

Central midfielder though. Cabye bye replacement  :smug:

Hughes has looked like great prospect every time I've seen him. The exact age group we should be targeting as well (if we were buying English players). The only problem is that he's already priced at 10 million or something ridiculous. In this market you can't really blame them for asking for way too much since someone is bound to pay it (or more) eventually. Hughes is a Liverpool fan too, I think, so it's only a matter of time till that happens.

Some Bigi-like signings of unknown, lower league English players would be the way to go, in my opinion. Low risk, high reward. If a few of them make it eventually we either have a young core of English players or a potential asset for our owner to make millions off. Basically a younger version of what Aston Villa are doing.

Will Hughes, lovely left foot, just like me  :snod:

That's it i'm convinced, sign Bimpy up.

Having a good left foot instantly makes him a better option to Jonas.

Central midfielder though. Cabye bye replacement  :smug:

Pards will still have you out on the wing mate, he's done it to Cisse, Shola and Bigi plus man more don't think for one second that you are excluded :lol:

Problem with players like Hughes is they are still massive gambles. I remember years back an article on the top 5 English youngsters around, I don't think a single one really made it in the premiership. Dean Bowditch and Michael Chopra were definitely on it, can't remember the other three but I'm certain none of them played many games higher than championship level. £10m is a lot of money.

Will Hughes will be a premiership footballer within the next 2 years, with or without Derby. He's fantastic and there's just no way we'd be able to keep hold of him if someone came in for him. Much better than Huddlestone was at this age, although I never really understood the hype with him if I'm honest.

Love watching Will Hughes play simply because he's a class above the level he's playing and stands out like a sore thumb but personally think it's hard justify paying the 10 million asking price on the evidence so far because it is a gamble like Cajun said. Won't be long before someone does cough up the money though and it certainly won't be us. Exciting prospect nonetheless.

Be surprised if Man United don't go for him. Given their love for young British signings and who better to be coached by than Giggs if you're an attacking left footed midfielder? Plus they can take the hit if he's shite.

Will Hughes will be a premiership footballer within the next 2 years, with or without Derby. He's fantastic and there's just no way we'd be able to keep hold of him if someone came in for him. Much better than Huddlestone was at this age, although I never really understood the hype with him if I'm honest.

Huddlestone was always talented he's just extremely slow and when i say slow i don't just mean pace i mean slow of mind too not to mention he's lazy.

He had the passing range of Carrick but doesn't possess anywhere near the intelligence or awareness.

Huddlestone was always talented he's just extremely slow and when i say slow i don't just mean pace i mean slow of mind too not to mention he's lazy.

He had the passing range of Carrick but doesn't possess anywhere near the intelligence or awareness.

I agree that he's a good player, I just don't think he's ever been as good as he was being hyped up to be when he was 18.