Newcastle United 1 - 1 SC Braga - 10/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 27

joeyt

Guest bimpy474

Our Set Penises were very good and threatening this fine evening. We are definitely trying stuff out. Direct to Debuchy to hit, nearly scored at Rangers with it, should have been a goal when Gouff's was ruled out wrongly. Ben Arfa whipping corners in.

No floaters, this is good.

First half: crap

Second half: eh, OK

Exciting supporters for another bang-up PL season: no

Worrying supporters about team selection: yes

Possible Jonas injury: yes

Threat up front: none

Movement off the ball: little

Goalscoring opportunities: few

Penalty conceded: yup, again

Pointless passing: lots

Readiness for the new campaign: seemingly little

Guest bimpy474

Missed the second half as I went for tea...but do my eyes deceive me? Did we actually score from a corner? :kasper:

Yes, and should have had a second from one too.

Smells like last season.

I don't think so, i saw some positives tbh. But i know its the popular thing to look at everything negatively mind.

Disjointed, no style of play, no cohesion, boring. Same old, same old.

Don't care what the popular opinion is btw and it certainly doesn't influence my opinion on the matter.

Missed the second half as I went for tea...but do my eyes deceive me? Did we actually score from a corner? :kasper:

Yes, and should have had a second from one too.

Well then, this will surely be the turning point - a sign of things to come methinks! ;)

Positives: Winning the ball back a lot quicker, seem a lot more organised at the back, i liked how Colo and Mbiwa looked as a partnership, passing the ball around a lot better than last season.

Negatives: Struggling to create but i do think kicking Tiote, Jonas and Shola team permanently would help that tremendously whether Pardew would do that is another debate entirely and severely lacking a decent LW for this season to be anything more than crap to meh we desperately need one.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I noticed we were pressing the ball when we didn't have possession which was good. We did seem a little toothless with no bite up front, hopefully that will change when we get Remy in.

Guest bimpy474

The one thing that stood out, it's still our lack of movement, we're still moving in straight lines instead of trying to pull the other team out of shape. We're far too easy to defend against.

The one thing that stood out, it's still our lack of movement, we're still moving in straight lines instead of trying to pull the other team out of shape. We're far too easy to defend against.

That too but its never going to change under Pardew and if you saw Remy in for Shola, Cabaye in for Tiote and someone who isn't Jonas/Sammy on the LW on a regular basis i think we could still do decent.

Nothing great but better than last season for sure, a lot of it relies on getting a decent winger in though as none of ours offer anything.

Pointless signing another striker if we can't create any chances.

This is the thing that worries me. A new striker would be very welcome but there needs to be more than just a new face.