Newcastle United 1 - 1 SC Braga - 10/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 27

joeyt

For what its worth I thought Sissoko was pretty gash (again) today. Can blame the system and Pardew for this, but I'm still not convinced that he's that good of a footballer

Thought he looked better than Cabaye tbh.

Cabaye's had about 5 effective games since April 2012. Gets away with murder on here.

He had a very poor season, but I think that was one of the reasons we were so poor, when he's playing well the whole team plays well.

I have lost some degree of patience with him, I don't think he's irreplacable and imo we should be actively trying to find a replacement now as he'll be off before too long imo, we desperately need his creativity mind, if we can get him back to form he will be of huge help.

I don't see any of our central midfield players playing well consistently. It's a problem with the way we're being set up. We haven't had players firing on all cylinders since the 4-3-3 of 2012.

dat WBA away performance :sweetjesus:

The Stoke performance is the one we should be striving to emulate. Dominant from first to last whistle.

I don't see any of our central midfield players playing well consistently. It's a problem with the way we're being set up. We haven't had players firing on all cylinders since the 4-3-3 of 2012.

dat WBA away performance :sweetjesus:

The Stoke performance is the one we should be striving to emulate. Dominant from first to last whistle.

Yeh true as a benchmark. But I thought the WBA was a perfect away performance.

First half perhaps. Second half we ended up sitting back and conceding a stupid goal.

Tis true but even so, they shouldn't escape blame because of it. I admit i'm massively guilty of giving the likes of Cabaye passes because of it as well but even so.

For what its worth I thought Sissoko was pretty gash (again) today. Can blame the system and Pardew for this, but I'm still not convinced that he's that good of a footballer

Blame. System. Pardew. Rest of the post was pretty shitty.

Guest neesy111

Thought he looked better than Cabaye tbh.

Cabaye's had about 5 effective games since April 2012. Gets away with murder on here.

:thup:

I thought Sissoko was good. His running off the ball will be a great asset for our presence through the middle. Loved it when HBA went past a couple in the second half and Sissoko was steaming forward from deep to help, ultimately, it led to a corner but it was close to being a great opportunity and that's what we need to see this year, somebody keeping up with HBA and moving for him when he's done some good work.

I thought Sissoko was good. His running off the ball will be a great asset for our presence through the middle. Loved it when HBA went past a couple in the second half and Sissoko was steaming forward from deep to help, ultimately, it led to a corner but it was close to being a great opportunity and that's what we need to see this year, somebody keeping up with HBA and moving for him when he's done some good work.

this is what i imagined when we signed sissoko, hba was always facing defences alone while everyone else stood behind him and watched...he's got an amazing eye for a through ball* so to have sissoko coming from deep looking to get beyond hba and finally giving the poor fucker options was like some sort of wet dream

i'd hope it's a major part of what we've been working on all summer :yao:

*i see no reason why, if hba was injured, we couldn't build the same type of game around marveaux just from the middle not out wide

pardew has so many options available to him :lol:

Blame. System. Pardew. Rest of the post was pretty shitty.

He rarely seems to have the ball under control. I'm sure Pardew is telling him that though