Newcastle United 1 - 1 SC Braga - 10/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 27

joeyt

From what I've seen and heard in pre-season and based off performances from last season I can safely say I want Jonas, Tiote and Shola nowhere near the starting lineup this season.

Got concerns about Debuchy also but its still fairly early days I suppose so best to give him time, it's mainly just the fact that everytime M'biwa has been used at fullback hes looked twice the player of both Debuchy and Santon, even young Dummett today looked head and shoulders above them both also.

Think a 3 man midfield of Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye could work wonders, worried about Cabaye's impact too though, was non existent and like so many occasions last season just looked out to hurt people rather than perform.

Still think we'll do better than last season, but mainly due to the fact that last season couldn't get much worse. Fully expecting a bang average 11-13th placed finish and going out of the cups pretty much straight away.

I'm still looking forward to the season - the highs and lows are now a normal for us and getting wound up weekly or having pure joy when we have a brilliant goal or match or something. Bring it all on - my expectations are so tempered right now I'm just ready to get on with it now.

I'm still looking forward to the season - the highs and lows are now a normal for us and getting wound up weekly or having pure joy when we have a brilliant goal or match or something. Bring it all on - my expectations are so tempered right now I'm just ready to get on with it now.

:thup:

I've seen nothing to get excited about today, we were poor first half and less poor during the second.  Most things were far too predictable, none more so than the starting 11.  Even the substitutions were a bit daft as bringing on Sammy ahead of Marveaux shown how much of a tool Pardew is, Sammy Ameobi isn't better than Marveaux you absolute bastard cretin.

I can't remember my expectations ever being this low for decades, probably before Sir John bought the club.  I know Remy will come into the team and remove Shola or Jonas but we're still not going to be good enough to do anything other than struggle just below mid-table, at best.

Guest bimpy474

The one thing that stood out, it's still our lack of movement, we're still moving in straight lines instead of trying to pull the other team out of shape. We're far too easy to defend against.

That too but its never going to change under Pardew and if you saw Remy in for Shola, Cabaye in for Tiote and someone who isn't Jonas/Sammy on the LW on a regular basis i think we could still do decent.

Nothing great but better than last season for sure, a lot of it relies on getting a decent winger in though as none of ours offer anything.

The real plus i see, we are definitely not hoofing it. Our play is not exactly great, piss poor movement, not creating chances. But we aren't hoofing it and we were doing all those things and hoofing it last season.

It's a start, along with the set penises.

New coaching staff required as Pardew and his side kicks don't have it in them to coach & formulate an attacking game plan. That dutch bloke Rene Meulensteen who left Man U for Anzi was sacked by them recently just two weeks in to the job. We should hire him.

The real plus i see, we are definitely not hoofing it. Our play is not exactly great, p*ss poor movement, not creating chances. But we aren't hoofing it and we were doing all those things and hoofing it last season.

We didn't hoof it because we didn't have to, Braga at home in a friendly is nothing like the Premiership and the game had no intensity.  Maybe we have moved away from hoofing it, a pre-season friendly isn't going to prove that one way or the other.

Guest bimpy474

The real plus i see, we are definitely not hoofing it. Our play is not exactly great, p*ss poor movement, not creating chances. But we aren't hoofing it and we were doing all those things and hoofing it last season.

We didn't hoof it because we didn't have to, Braga at home in a friendly is nothing like the Premiership and the game had no intensity.  Maybe we have moved away from hoofing it, a pre-season friendly isn't going to prove that one way or the other.

Tbf we haven't really hoofed it all pre season, Mick dont snatch away the straws i'm clutching, please :lol:

Tbf we haven't really hoofed it all pre season, Mick dont snatch away the straws i'm clutching, please :lol:

:lol:

I hope we have moved away from hoofing it and we may have done, we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks time.

The game became scrappy as Braga grew in confidence but it was the Portuguese League Cup that grabbed the lead to take in with them at half-time.

We couldn't even beat an inanimate object ffs.

Thought we were OK, created a couple of decent chances in the first but lacked fluidity, we improved in style in the second with better balance but didn't create as much. I'm not going to judge too much until the proper season starts.

They were a horrible team, diving about and wasting time in a friendly is pretty desperate.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

I hope we have moved away from hoofing it and we may have done, we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks time.

We moved away from hoofing it last 1/3 of last season.  Our results got worse tbf.