Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

We need a serious shake up.

Revert back to 4-4-2 for me for the time being. Get a target man along side Cisse, (albeit it has to be Shola). Then get some solidarity about our play. We have no cutting edge and no defensive discipline.

Totally agree. Pardew is out of his depth and trying too hard. The basis of our success in the season before last was a rigid defence, a functional formation and players doing the basics right. If we're not changing manager he needs to go back to something he can make work or we'll be in bother down the bottom of the league again.

I dont think he can get back to that, he lost it with the team and with his own ability. You see it all the time and this is exactly what it looks like, there's no turning this around.

We can revert back to 4-4-2 and can sign players in the positions we see fit... OR ... use players pout of position / familiarity like we are already. At least it gives us a more defensive basis. We haven't got the cutting edge to out score people and we haven't got the defensive discipline to hold out so we need to go for the happy medium whhich is 4-4-2.

Guest neesy111

Krul - 10.  Didn't put a foot wrong.

Debuchy - 3.  That was the worst game I've ever seen by a RB at NUFC since Warren Barton v Troyes.

Coloccini - 5.

Taylor - 0.  Thickest cunt on the planet.

Yanga-Mbiwa - 5.

Ben Arfa - 7.  Best outfield player.

Goufrran - 6.  Decent.

Jonas - 5.

Tiote - 4.  I fully understand why he was on the bench on the club we signed him for now.

Sissoko - 5.

Cisse - 4.

Pardew - 0.  KERNT.

Is it too much to ask to compete like a team in the premier league?  If some goat owner cursed Wrigley Field, did somebody bury a Jewish family underneath St. James Park?  At least other teams with this much perpetual turmoil have the decency to just fuck off to the lower divisions and die.  Not us.  We have to have this brief mini-recoveries only for the dagger to be twisted again.

Guest bimpy474

Revert back to 4-4-2 for me for the time being. Get a target man along side Cisse, (albeit it has to be Shola). Then get some solidarity about our play. We have no cutting edge and no defensive discipline.

Totally agree. Pardew is out of his depth and trying too hard. The basis of our success in the season before last was a rigid defence, a functional formation and players doing the basics right. If we're not changing manager he needs to go back to something he can make work or we'll be in bother down the bottom of the league again.

I dont think he can get back to that, he lost it with the team and with his own ability. You see it all the time and this is exactly what it looks like, there's no turning this around.

We can revert back to 4-4-2 and can sign players in the positions we see fit... OR ... use players pout of position / familiarity like we are already. At least it gives us a more defensive basis. We haven't got the cutting edge to out score people and we haven't got the defensive discipline to hold out so we need to go for the happy medium whhich is 4-4-2.

We started 4-4-2 tonight and we were crap. He just lost the touch he had. Rinse and repeat of his managerial career to date.

We played 4-4-2 tonight.

We won't ever get back to the unit we were with all these foreign players around imo.  Today's performance by some of them reminded me of Liverpool last season.

I'm not one to jump on the "French cowards" bandwagon but we're desperate for some quality premiership experience in the squad.

Guest neesy111

We played 4-4-2 tonight.

We did.

We played 4-4-2 tonight.

Not according to Sky.

Guest neesy111

We played 4-4-2 tonight.

Not according to Sky.

Are you blind?

Guest bimpy474

We played 4-4-2 tonight.

Not according to Sky.

Sky were wrong, did you not notice the players on the pitch like ?

We won't ever get back to the unit we were with all these foreign players around imo.  Today's performance by some of them reminded me of Liverpool last season.

I'm not one to jump on the "French cowards" bandwagon but we're desperate for some quality premiership experience in the squad.

I really don't think it will matter too much tbh.  The cunt manager and the cunts above the line will poison everything they touch.