Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

What really concerned me was the reaction of the players. That's not the way a happy dressing room conducts itself. Almost every card we received came from an act of petulance (apart from Taylor's, which was sheer idiocy).

I know the players were really quite fucked off last summer with the lack of transfer activity. James Perch told me as much. God knows what they feel like this summer, when they see the same mistakes being repeated yet again. When they have to go to the training ground day after day and listen to a manager who has shown himself to be patently incapable of the job he's given and is insisting on repeating the same mistakes as last season.

There's no easy solution, because the chain of command is rusted beyond repair. There's no one person at the club from Pardew upward who I trust to get the big decisions right. Ashley's a great businessman but incapable of looking beyond the bottom line. Kinnear's a fucking joke. I'm not sure where we go from here.

Buzza, have you gone insane?

Not sure really? feel a bit wierd like... Probably the pints last night.

That was the way I saw it, outfought and out abilitied for the whole 90 mins, weak is the word.

Jonas, Hatem and perhaps Krul were the only ones who actually merited being on the pitch

I'm beginning to think the club announces a 4-2-3-1 despite it being 4-4-2 in attempts to trick fans into believing it's a more fashionable and popular formation.

tbh I couldn't give 2 shits about formation, way too overblown. 442 worked out well enough for City last night

Because they've got the right players for it. It's not a default that you just start with if you haven't got any other ideas :lol:

You can't give 7s to players who were shite but tried hard, man.

As much as I love this board the one thing I've never, ever been able to get into is scoring players out of 10. I just don't get it, and I find it even stranger when people argue about it.

right ratings now that I've calmed down a little

Krul 10, wayward kicking aside he did everything he could

Debuchy 0- abject performance

Colo 5- made some effort at least

Taylor 0- Utter moron

Mbwia 5- needs to watch his temper, clash with Dzeko was needless and did ok at cb

Jonas 6- made more of an effort than most others on the pitch

Tiote 4- still looks shite

Sissoko 4-was he even out there?

HBA 6- best offensive option which doesn't say much

Gouffran 5 barely noticed him

Cisse 4- no service but his touch was non existant and attempts to hold up the ball was ridiculously bad

Anita-5 dispossessed far too easily

Dummet 7-the one bright spot of the night

Sameobi 5- few decent runs but to almost no effect

Guest icemanblue

I knew that was gonna backfire even before I posted :lol:

Is Dr V better? I'll use that, if you want?

You're very kind.

:lol: :thup:

Krul 8-brilliant keeper

Debuchy 3-poor. Looks like he could get sent off in every game. To be fair to him I think him and Ben Arfa are too attacking to be on the same wing.

Taylor 2- Pathetic sending off. Horrible attempt to block Aguero's shot for his goal.

Colo 7-decent. Not helped by those around him.

Yanga Mbiwa 4-poor. Not a natural full back so I'll cut him a bit of slack for that.

Ben Arfa 8- our only good attacking player. Absolute class. I would play him as a number 10 so he could get involved as much as possible.

Tiote 4-can't pass

Sissoko 5- Can't pass either. Bit better than Tiote.

Jonas 6- doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Works hard.

Gouffran 6- runs around a lot but doesn't have required skill.

Cisse 4-he is not a fucking target man. First touch of a rapist.

Do people realise when giving ratings that 5/10 is be definition an average mark?

ALL of our players were below average last night. Those that tried hard, put the effort in etc should get 4/10 at best. None of those buggers should get anywhere near a 5, never mind a 6 or 7. Couple of people even putting 8s down which beggars belief really.

realised last night how much our support has changed from a few years ago. fair play to them for going but all you can hear is high pitched singing to the opposition fans. sad times

The banter was woeful.

It's been like that for years hasn't it?

t's the same songs every week or a chant to the same fucking tune every week (nearly always Sloop John B)

We can't even sing our own song properly. The Blaydon Races is always sung too quick and without the right words so how the fuck can we expect to have 'banter' with away fans. It was picking up again when the Leazes Corner was there but then they disbanded that and no new songs get an airing at SJP which leads to the same old shit at away days.